Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2008, 12:42   #61
BHPian

Yes MPower i am refering to the same GSR 600 you have put a pic of.Though i am a ardent follower of the GSXR brand,the prior one doesn't excite all that much.Let's wait and watch.
Old 5th November 2008, 20:55   #62
Senior - BHPian

All the experienced ones say, it's much more fun to ride a small machine at its limits than a big machine at the rider's limits.

I'm not that experienced, but I agree. After having ridden a couple of litre classes and above, I can humbly admit that I can NEVER exploit the machine's full potential on Indian roads. PERIOD. Two thirds on a track, maybe. Civil roads, never. But then, I love corners more than I do straights. Most of the time. A 600 would do just fine. One can concentrate far more on steering inputs than throttle caliberation on the twisties on a 600.

Bring it on, Suzuki. I'd love to see all of my buddies (and perhaps me) own a sub-5L (new, on-road, with warranty, blah blah) SBK, to complement their mad-arse cars. Now, where do I sign for the loan...
Old 5th November 2008, 22:13   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
All the experienced ones say, it's much more fun to ride a small machine at its limits than a big machine at the rider's limits....
took the words right out of my mouth.
GSR is a nice one but will be out of reach of the average Joe. They used to have a bike called the "Goose 350". Cracker of a bike and would have been perfect for Indian roads.

Last edited by Mpower : 5th November 2008 at 22:15.
Old 19th November 2008, 15:32   #64
Senior - BHPian

Just got a confirmation for suzuki superbikes.They will be launched on 26th.and the price for the boulevard m1800r is 11 lakhs only.where as its price is the regular fashion is 10 lakhs.so all you people shelling out 13 lakhs for the boulevard.hold your horses.its available legally for 11 lakhs and finance options are available also.

another news is that suzuki are setting up a third party as the distributors in india.i had a chat with them this morning.most of you would know them.
Old 19th November 2008, 15:34   #65
Senior - BHPian

Hey Navpreet, great news man. Any idea of its smaller siblings like the 600's being launched?
Old 19th November 2008, 15:38   #66
Senior - BHPian

nope no news of that.
Old 19th November 2008, 17:08   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I was just told by a very reliable source that the '09 Busa will be launched on the 25th of November.
6 days to go. Whats the latest on this?

Any other 400-600cc bike coming in near future? (reliable sources)
Old 20th November 2008, 12:21   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Just got a confirmation for suzuki superbikes.They will be launched on 26th.and the price for the boulevard m1800r is 11 lakhs only.where as its price is the regular fashion is 10 lakhs.so all you people shelling out 13 lakhs for the boulevard.hold your horses.its available legally for 11 lakhs and finance options are available also.

another news is that suzuki are setting up a third party as the distributors in india.i had a chat with them this morning.most of you would know them.
I heard only the Busa is going to be launched just now. You mention the Boulevard as well. So these two are in the heavy wieght category. Any idea of the smaller bikes like the 1000 or the 600 making it here. Its good for me as i wanted the Boulevard and the R1 in my garage but lately have started likeing the looks of the GSXR 1000. Would you be knowing if it would the M109R2 or the normal one that is being launched. Thank you.
Old 22nd November 2008, 13:51   #69
BHPian

A Superbike from Suzuki this december...

I know a person who works in the suzuki company. I got information that suzuki is going to launch a superbike in december.

She refused to give any more information about it. Lets wait and see what comes up!
Old 22nd November 2008, 14:03   #70
BHPian

what kind of superbikes? 1000CC bikes which cost 9-12lacks? very few people can buy such bikes.

When will these companies give us 250-300CC bikes which most of us can afford?
Old 22nd November 2008, 15:41   #71
Senior - BHPian

A thread already exists for this. PLease do search before starting a new thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-launched.html
Old 22nd November 2008, 16:55   #72
BHPian

hello friends
My first bike was a suzuki shogun and i still feel that that bike was ahead of it times. 14 bhp oh yeah, well done suzuki. Ummn im getting a little nostalgic I guess. Anyway i think its still a long way till these super bikes will be more accessible to people who are a little short of green, some fellow bhpians have made a valid point that after the owners of these sbk's sell then off after a year or two their prices are bound to fall. There will certainly be a market for these babies within 5 years or so. I mean the kind of market where they will be available to more people. Till then i guess it will be a long wait for me, my dream is to buy a honda valkyrie, when will that become a reality.
Old 22nd November 2008, 21:18   #73
Senior - BHPian

the normal version of the boulevard that is the m109r is available and in my opnion is the better looking of the two.

personally even i'm looking forward to adding to to my garage.also the fact that these will be available with finance schemes is what is actually mouth watering.
Old 22nd November 2008, 21:54   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
the normal version of the boulevard that is the m109r is available and in my opnion is the better looking of the two.

personally even i'm looking forward to adding to to my garage.also the fact that these will be available with finance schemes is what is actually mouth watering.
I saw the m109R2 in bombay and it was quite a looker. Somehow i find it looking better than the M109r, not that m109r is bad looking. But then again we shall take the bait and wait for the M109r with its finance scheeme and hassle free rideing.
Now another thing to note is if the Busa is going to be priced at 13 lacs (so i've heard), why would the M109r be priced at 10 lacs. I might sound stupid here but if i put logic and myself in Suzuki shoes. Busa at 13 lakhs so Intruder which is more than 1000cc should be priced similarly or a little more.

Last edited by speedy : 22nd November 2008 at 21:59.
Old 22nd November 2008, 22:19   #75
Senior - BHPian

NO the intruder is priced at 11 lakhs.10 is the price of the regular import.

This i can confirm as i had a chat regarding this with the person who will be distributing suzuki in india.they are getting limited numbers and i even have an option of booking mine in advance incase its a complete sellout.

this particular distributor has been dealing in superbikes for a lot of years.infact even my 12r has been sourced through him.
he was the one who told me about both the prices of the bike.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks