Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2008, 11:55   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
The 1000 RR is the best of the litre bikes right now. Its also the most comfy litre bike. Honda's are always the most comfy.

The Honda's are not confirmed right now so lets concentrate on the Suzuki's. I was told the Busa is comfirmed and then the others will come along. Two days to go and we shall find out.
That is what a friend of mine currently owning a 1000RR told me. He was in favour of the 1000RR and the R1. Yes the reasonable choice right now is limited to the Busa and the R1 since both would be available from a showroom and on Finance.

Quote:
26th is the launch so lets see what happens.

The Busa will not be upgraded for quite while now unlike the litre bikes which are upgraded every 2 years.
The Busa just got a facelift this year. So it would be a while since another one. I am Happy with the looks and the Blue/ gold combination is awsome. Lets wait and see what happens as i am in no big hurry right now.
Old 25th November 2008, 17:37   #92
Senior - BHPian

Well this is a very dicey situation abhishek.because if you ride the bike in stop go traffic,i agree the busa will be uncomfortable because of its weight.but once you start riding it for longer distances and on free open roads you'll find it way way comfortable that any other bike.

So its your call actually.if you're going to ride it traffic get yourself a 1000rr.If the open roads and group rides are what you'll take on it has to be the busa.the weight then becomes a bonus as the bike becomes very very stable at good speeds like 150 and is very surefooted as well.and the larger seat to handle distance allows you to stretch and relax.another issue is the hieght of the seat to the height of the handle bars.in litre bikes this is a major issue as your body weight is bourn by your back.so your back,wrists,palms.all feel the pain.whereas in these big bikes like the busa only your palms will feel the pain.
point is that which ever bike allows your back to be more upright will keep you more comfortable.

another fact is fitness.an atheletic body will be comfortable on any bike.even the MV augusta which is supposedly the most uncomfortable bike ever.
this was another fact for me considering the 12r.i am certainly not "fit".lol.so choose carefully.its a long run thing.

Last advice: Follow your own heart.
Old 25th November 2008, 17:55   #93
Senior - BHPian

Navpreet i am giving it a long shot here, not that i intend takeing the bike in peak traffic. I had taken the bike at 30kmph with some traffic around and felt the bike tough. The wrist had to be very controled to manage. Sometime you feel like rideing out and the bike would be standing at the Garage so i would have to bring it home if i have to take her out for a ride, hence i was wondering. Like i mentioned i would ride at night so i get a bit of space, even 12am does not give you a free run anymore. The sunday runs so i get some space.
Yes i have read and seen the back takes a big beating in all of this. I shall keep the advice in mind. I have also asked my friends to lend me their bikes for a day so i can ride them longer and then decide on what suits my body type (non athletic) better.

The problem is if i listen to my heart it says i want all these and more . Hence i am seeking Help and advice. I have always wanted a cruiser and a sports bike, and nows my chance.
Old 26th November 2008, 00:01   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
26th is the launch so lets see what happens.

The Busa will not be upgraded for quite while now unlike the litre bikes which are upgraded every 2 years.
So what plans for the launch today. I didn't hear any news about this?
Old 26th November 2008, 08:06   #95
Senior - BHPian

I'll call the dealer by afternoon and find out.
Old 26th November 2008, 11:55   #96

Hayabusa and Boulevard M1800R launched in Delhi. Pricing coming up in a few mins i guess.

LINK - Automotive news from around the world: Suzuki to launch Hayabusa and Boulevard (Intruder) today in India
Old 26th November 2008, 13:33   #97

Both the bikes have been launched in Delhi at an ex-showroom price of Rs 12.5 lakh. That is 2 more than what Yamaha sell their big bikes for!
Eight dealers in seven cities will help the big bikes. Suzuki hopes to sell around 300-350 units per month. I understand these bikes will sell for over 14 lakh OTR in Mumbai / Pune - completely the govt has to be blamed for this.

BUT, couldnt Suzuki opt for the CKD route, save on the duties, and sell the same two big bikes for Rs 8-9 exshowroom, thus making a mockery of the grey market as well as Yamaha R1 , MT-01?
Old 26th November 2008, 13:50   #98
Team-BHP Support

Any updates just yet? S6 where art thou?

manson.
Old 26th November 2008, 14:09   #99

manson : i updated the prices here half hour back : seems my post hasnt been moderated yet. pricing is 12.5 exshowroom for both bikes
Old 26th November 2008, 14:09   #100
BHPian

12.5 lacs ex-showroom delhi for the busa and the intruder!
Old 26th November 2008, 14:57   #101
BHPian

Guys any news or updates on the launch in Mumbai???
Old 26th November 2008, 16:19   #102
BHPian

Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa & M1800R Launched today! (Nov.26)!

Hey guys,

check this out.. Suzuki has launched its superbike in India!

Suzuki India has launched the world's fastest motorcycle, the Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa in India today. The hyper sportsbike has been priced at Rs 12.9 lakh, ex-showroom all across the country. Suzuki also launched its high-revving and powerful 1783cc V-twin cruiser motorcycle, the M1800R

Source
Old 26th November 2008, 16:28   #103

Here is the official press release by Suzuki:
Automotive news from around the world: Suzuki launches Hayabusa and Boulevard M1800R : Official Press release
Old 26th November 2008, 16:32   #104
BHPian

Vow. That's an exciting news. Do we have any booking within the family?
Old 26th November 2008, 16:32   #105
BHPian

GSX1300 is one of the fastest... not THE FASTEST.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks