Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2008, 12:12   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I did get what you wanted to say. I was just saying that you shouldn't buy an R1 at all and when the official Busa's are launched, even the used ones will be cheaper.
straight6:
Ah. I stand corrected.

manson:
Gotcha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I hope Honda and Kawasaki come in with their big bikes soon. Things will really get exciting then.
straight6:
Oh boy. I agree.
Old 8th July 2008, 11:09   #32
BHPian

its just an observation. but any model of a particular maker sold in their authorized showroom hasnt done well at all. the best example I can give you are the MT-01's which were sent back as they didnt sell, despite the discount offered. Is that because people are looking for a bike thats not usually seen on the roads or...?
Old 8th July 2008, 12:53   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Bah, why can't Suzi just launch the GS500. Great bike, good FE, 200 kay top whack, and stonking reliability, what with the air-cooled engine... Just about enough. At least for a daily rider/tourer.

Instead of the Gixxer 600, Suzuki should consider the SV650 vee-twin. Costing about 2.7L INR in the US, it could well be THE bike for India, even at 5L INR odd......
For starters, i don't see any of the above happening anytime soon. You cannot import any two wheeler under 800 cc on an individual name, a company can certainly bring down CBUs, but then they are subject to ARAI regulations, which the motorcycles mentioned above will not clear.

Straight6 was mentioning lifting up of some clause by the ARAI, lets see how it eventually works out though.

manson.
Old 8th July 2008, 14:12   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
For starters, i don't see any of the above happening anytime soon. You cannot import any two wheeler under 800 cc on an individual name, a company can certainly bring down CBUs, but then they are subject to ARAI regulations, which the motorcycles mentioned above will not clear.

Straight6 was mentioning lifting up of some clause by the ARAI, lets see how it eventually works out though.

manson.
From now on only bikes under 800 will need homologation from ARAI.
Old 8th July 2008, 15:36   #35
BHPian

not a good idea discussing grey market or even putting up snaps with number plate. just an friendly advice
Old 8th July 2008, 16:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneroller View Post
not a good idea discussing grey market or even putting up snaps with number plate. just an friendly advice
I agree with putting up pictures of grey market bikes is not a good idea. I see nothing wrong in discussing those bikes.

Last edited by straight6 : 8th July 2008 at 16:41.
Old 8th July 2008, 16:44   #37
BHPian

attracts attention from the wrong crowd. plus as per my info, dont really want to be a screwed once the full on checking happens... which aint far away!!! that was a hint to all sbk riders.
Old 8th July 2008, 17:26   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneroller View Post
attracts attention from the wrong crowd. plus as per my info, dont really want to be a screwed once the full on checking happens... which aint far away!!! that was a hint to all sbk riders.
Aha, I see what you're talking about. This happened a few years ago when some people were caught off guard at the Speedrun in Kharghar. Having said that, it just goes to show why its best to buy bikes with clean paperwork.

Last edited by straight6 : 8th July 2008 at 17:43.
Old 9th July 2008, 00:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

So the 800cc rule ? does not mean the tax is less for <800 or >800cc right ?

GSX600 at 7L would be quite tempting an option. Kwacker 250 would be more viable option for me if under 2.5L.
Old 9th July 2008, 14:14   #40
Senior - BHPian

Ironwolf - Thats Less for >800 cc (greater than 800cc) . I think this was made to accomodate the Harleys (the mango exchange scheme )
Old 9th July 2008, 16:24   #41
Senior - BHPian

An article about SBK's.

Demand for aspirational bikes likely to swell- Two-wheelers-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 12th July 2008, 13:39   #42
BHPian

Just had a query,probably is slightly off topic.What if i travel to US or Singapore and purchase say a GSXR 600 new and then plan to ship it down here.Would that be cheaper or the grey import work's out to be better and trouble free?
Old 12th July 2008, 14:07   #43
Senior - BHPian

I have a few queries.

1)
Does this include any 150cc bike ?

2)
Will these bikes be available at all regular showrooms or will there be any new showroom like " Pro-Biking " from Bajaj ?
Old 12th July 2008, 14:46   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_headrock View Post
Just had a query,probably is slightly off topic.What if i travel to US or Singapore and purchase say a GSXR 600 new and then plan to ship it down here.Would that be cheaper or the grey import work's out to be better and trouble free?
Getting it from abroad yourself will be safer even though it will be more expensive. That way you will pay the duty that is officially required and no one can point fingers at your bike.

How long will you be living there? Do you plan to get it on TR or just go there to import it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I have a few queries.

1)
Does this include any 150cc bike ?

2)
Will these bikes be available at all regular showrooms or will there be any new showroom like " Pro-Biking " from Bajaj ?
There will be no 150 in the line up. There will be a showroom in Pune first and then some other cities but not Bombay.

Last edited by straight6 : 12th July 2008 at 14:47.
Old 12th July 2008, 15:33   #45
BHPian

No Straight6, i would not be staying there for long.would be visiting these places on for a month.so the TR way is ruled out.Also my elder brother lives in states,he has been there for 2 year's now,can he purchase a bike in his name and transfer it here for my usage.What is the minimum time frame the bike should be used under his ownership before getting transfered and how substantially would the price go down vis-a-vis getting it myself?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks