Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2009, 22:47   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Anyway, when do you think you'll be headed back to India for good? If its not anytime soon, then you'll probably be buying yourself more time to scan through options.
I will be back by end of October or November first week.Yes I am scanning deals for helmet,jacket,boots and other supports.I hope everything fits in my 23 kgs bag and I dont have to donate all my clothes here just to fit in my stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Well the ducatis are priced pretty reasonably compared to the other legal imports i must say now.Though sometime back i read somewhere that the 1098 was being sold for 49 lakhs and one was bought by puma india to showcase at one of their stores.Don't know how true that was.

Well mayank great choice of helmet.
also lets hope that by the time you land here,kawasakis are also launched.though highly unlikely but still those bikes are really very powerful bikes.and to have 2 kawis in our group would be awesome.
Ohh yeah sure we can try shoot for that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
O boy, everything has been said and done except for Max to ride the bike

My vote goes to Blade or the normal CBR1k > MT01 and R1 (new engines still has to prove itself as well).

I have never sampled what Busa can do. So no comments on the Suzuki. Also, I heard it has already been discontinued. This means you can buy a modern legend.
Right!! enough said .Going through the thread excites me everyday.I can hardly wait till october.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Well i have no idea which one it was but i read it in an advertisment in a rag.the smallest supermoto ducati was priced at 16 lakhs in that advert. and it stated that these are the official imports.

forget it.I'm happy that the dukes are now priced very well.but on a practical point of view they serve nothing more than the status symbol on indian roads.But then thats what we indians love don't we?hehe

So mayank given that the duke's are priced on the higher side.even then paying 13.5 or something lakhs for the R1 and just 6 lakhs more for the duke seems an awesome deal.If i were you i'd just stay put for 6 more months,add the money and just buy the duke.
16 lacs is too much .I could hardly convince my wife to allow me spend 12 .
Old 7th August 2009, 23:03   #77
Senior - BHPian

Buy a BUSA and go for a ride with your wife man , she will be very happy as a pillion .
Old 7th August 2009, 23:23   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Buy a BUSA and go for a ride with your wife man , she will be very happy as a pillion .
Ohh Yeah this is one of her condition to let me ride again.No funky stunts and will always ride as pillion . Sunday morning 530 I dont think she is going to wake up
Old 8th August 2009, 10:27   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
i suppose you are talking about the Desmosedci RR . it costs 50 lacs .
The RR costs that much abroad. It was the 1098R which was priced at 48 lakhs and was picked up by Puma India (or thats what I've heard)

I really feel you should gun for the CB1000 considering this will be your first big bike and you can occasionally take along the missus as well.
Old 8th August 2009, 19:44   #80
Senior - BHPian

@ max , what helmet and riding gear are you planning ?
Old 8th August 2009, 21:55   #81
BHPian

whichever bike you do decide to buy, you better hurry up. Because i called up honda and yamaha company outlets, yamaha said not even a single R1 and MTO1 available currently, they dont even have a piece for display, she said next lot expected in october. Honda said no dragon green cb1000 available, sold out, but he could try for a black cb1000 but not confirmed, and fireblade only 2 pieces left in bombay.. Not sure what the scenario is at Suzuki because didnt call them, dont fancy the hayabusa and intruder.
All the best.
Old 8th August 2009, 22:12   #82
Senior - BHPian

^ thats good seems like the 09 R1 will finally come to india .
Old 9th August 2009, 18:52   #83
Senior - BHPian

For Helmets I recommend Arai/AGV/Shoei n for your wife a Diesel. My wife wants me to ride the bike sometimes just to wear her helmet Diesel

Remember to try before you buy. Helmet is not about looks but comfort and security and dont mind spending that extra bit for attitude
Old 13th August 2009, 19:06   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinwadhwani View Post
whichever bike you do decide to buy, you better hurry up.
==========
Not sure what the scenario is at Suzuki because didnt call them, dont fancy the hayabusa and intruder.
All the best.
Sorry to correct you but just yesterday i saw two yamaha r1 at Kamla Yamaha at lower parel next to Hard Rock Cafe. And when i inquired both are for sale.
Old 13th August 2009, 21:14   #85
BHPian

has honda opened the Mumbai Showroom ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinwadhwani View Post
whichever bike you do decide to buy, you better hurry up. Because i called up honda and yamaha company outlets, yamaha said not even a single R1 and MTO1 available currently, they dont even have a piece for display, she said next lot expected in october. Honda said no dragon green cb1000 available, sold out, but he could try for a black cb1000 but not confirmed, and fireblade only 2 pieces left in bombay.. Not sure what the scenario is at Suzuki because didnt call them, dont fancy the hayabusa and intruder.
All the best.
Has the andheri east showroom of honda opened ?
I had enquired few weeks back and they said they are yet to open the mumbai showroom
Where did you enquire about the fireblade ?
Old 14th August 2009, 02:58   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnacle View Post
Has the andheri east showroom of honda opened ?
I had enquired few weeks back and they said they are yet to open the mumbai showroom
Where did you enquire about the fireblade ?
Its not yet open due to some BMC problem. Go to Om Sai Honda in Malad.
Old 14th August 2009, 12:38   #87
Team-BHP Support

Pinnacle, I have the contact details of the right person at Jhaveri Honda, drop me a pm for the same.

manson.
Old 14th August 2009, 12:58   #88
BHPian

update,
went to om sai honda yesterday, the fireblade was diplayed in one corner, was dusty and unkept and basically looked like it was not on their priority list. When asked about the hornet, one of their sales people took me to their godown a 10minute drive. The cb1000 was there, but was packed in a crate (they dont have a display piece and this one was sold and was awaiting registration etc ) and they had to open it for me, it was covered in plastic and foam and basically i couldnt see it to my satisfaction. Add to that the dirty godown in the open, it was hot and sunny and dusty, i was just put off, cant pay 11 lacs for a bike like that even if it came 2nd in bike of the year. Hope honda soon has a display piece for both their products in their a/c showroom under proper lighting etc.
End of the day, decided to wait until the monsoons end, and till my friends get their bkes cleared from dri, and also decided to wait coz ive heard yamaha is bringing in the fz1000 under cbu route so it will be definitely within a million rupees.
Old 14th August 2009, 13:01   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Serpant View Post
Sorry to correct you but just yesterday i saw two yamaha r1 at Kamla Yamaha at lower parel next to Hard Rock Cafe. And when i inquired both are for sale.
oh really? ok, i called the number i got from the yamaha website, and they gave me this information. Anyway im not really interested in the R1.
Old 14th August 2009, 13:01   #90
Senior - BHPian

That Fireblade you saw at Om Sai was an '08 that they had got for registration purposes. Its a 0 km bike though. They will sell it for cheap if anyone is interested in buying it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks