Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2011, 17:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: FZ1 Ownership Thread

275 is absolutely great! Looks like a great machine for touring now.Only bit i'd like to change is a slightly raised and pulled back Handlebar like the Fazer1000.

This is probably the best bet for this much money right now in india!
Old 7th April 2011, 17:51   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
Thanks dude

Thanks buddy

Thanks dude.
Factors in favour of yamaha fz1 (bikes in contention cb1000 and 796)
1. I love the brand Yamaha in comparison to Honda. (Ducati is equal)
2. Meaty looking. cb1000 is too sleek and small , 796 is small.
3. Local service center (lacks in Ducati)
4. Reliable and in like 4 jap (lacks in 796)
5. More HP for same amount of money
6. CB is 1.5L more expensive for no reason.
7. Cost of service , between 4 and 5 k (Ducati is 10-15ish)
Dear Nikhil,

Firstly congratulations!

Incidentally, I too am caught up in this dilemma of - FZ1 v/s CB1000R v/s Monster 796.

Am completely a novice & naive when it comes to technicalities of biking and am in learning stage ofcourse. I did negate CB1000R on grounds of pricing - in Mumbai OTR is 11.5 lacs whereas 796 is 9.2 lacs and FZ1 is 10 lacs.

Have read through multiple forums & threads on Japs v/s Italians, but havent been able to conclude. Somewhere I also read that Yamaha is what Maruti is to India and no matter even if you buy a Kizashi, it still will be looked down as Maruti and similar seems to be the case with FZ1.

While Ducati does have an oomph quotient & CB1000R has quality & innovation quotient of Honda, how do they fair against FZ1 in layman's language? I understand that FZ1 has more cc & power than Duc. But which amongst the three will go a longer way?

My apologies for putting you & fellow comrades through this ordeal, but last question would be that does all the 3 bikes mentioned above have this "heating problem" including Duc?

All the best!

Cheers,
R
Old 7th April 2011, 18:11   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
This is probably the best bet for this much money right now in india!
yes sit it is

but i think it has the same handlebars as the fazer
Old 7th April 2011, 18:53   #19
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Congrats once again!

The more I think about this bike, the more I get convinced that for the power at tap and practicality, this is right up there.

Just curious - Are you sharing a first hand experience (friends/acquaintences) about the Ducati servicing costs or narrating what was told by the Ducati service folks? The reason i'm asking is the cost is contradicting (estimate dervied from Mumbai as well as B'lore Ducati managers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell yeah View Post
Dear Nikhil,

Firstly congratulations!

Incidentally, I too am caught up in this dilemma of - FZ1 v/s CB1000R v/s Monster 796.

Am completely a novice & naive when it comes to technicalities of biking and am in learning stage ofcourse. I did negate CB1000R on grounds of pricing - in Mumbai OTR is 11.5 lacs whereas 796 is 9.2 lacs and FZ1 is 10 lacs.

Have read through multiple forums & threads on Japs v/s Italians, but havent been able to conclude. Somewhere I also read that Yamaha is what Maruti is to India and no matter even if you buy a Kizashi, it still will be looked down as Maruti and similar seems to be the case with FZ1.

While Ducati does have an oomph quotient & CB1000R has quality & innovation quotient of Honda, how do they fair against FZ1 in layman's language? I understand that FZ1 has more cc & power than Duc. But which amongst the three will go a longer way?

My apologies for putting you & fellow comrades through this ordeal, but last question would be that does all the 3 bikes mentioned above have this "heating problem" including Duc?

All the best!

Cheers,
R
While it doesn't touch upon the CB1000R, this thread may answer some of your questions

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...amaha-fz1.html

Last edited by JVH : 7th April 2011 at 19:02.
Old 7th April 2011, 19:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Nikhil,

Firstly congratulations!

The monster and Fz1 both are good bikes. You will have to set your priorities before u choose either of the two. If its the brand that matters and you love Ducatis , get the 796. The fz1 will heat up more in city but its nothing that you cant manage. If your priority is inline 4 engine note , 796 is out of contention. Setting your priority will only help you choose your ride without dilemma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Congrats once again!

The more I think about this bike, the more I get convinced that for the power at tap and practicality, this is right up there.

Just curious - Are you sharing a first hand experience (friends/acquaintences) about the Ducati servicing costs or narrating what was told by the Ducati service folks?
Thanks once again
I am narrating wht was told by the Ducati service folks,mumbai . My main reason to stay away from 796 was reliability issues in comparison to jap bikes (which I read on some non-indian forums) ,the look and servicing available at Pune. The duc seemed too small to me.
Old 7th April 2011, 20:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations niks on your brand new Yamaha FZ1. The Bike looks so stunning in white color and has good road presence too. Keep this thread updated with lots of photos and servicing experience. Ride Safe
Old 7th April 2011, 22:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

Great buy Niks. Though I am a Ducatista I still think Ducati in India is bit more expensive than they ought to be. Just for the sake of differentiating themselves to be more expensive.

@hell yeah: Bro, its not about the ride its always about the rider. Do go for the TD, what suits me wont necessarily suit you. And with bikes you need to really feel the connect else its a pain.

Cheers!
Old 8th April 2011, 10:49   #23
BHPian

Mileage update -
Last nights 150km run returned 19.6 kmpl . I was doing 80-115 kmph speeds. With 2-3 bursts to 130kmph.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Congratulations niks on your brand new Yamaha FZ1. The Bike looks so stunning in white color and has good road presence too. Keep this thread updated with lots of photos and servicing experience. Ride Safe
Thanks Rahul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Great buy Niks. Though I am a Ducatista I still think Ducati in India is bit more expensive than they ought to be. Just for the sake of differentiating themselves to be more expensive.
Exactly . I have always loved the Ducati monster but I feel it should be priced somewhere around 6ish and not 9 + .
Old 8th April 2011, 11:02   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
it still will be looked down as Maruti and similar seems to be the case with FZ1.
In India at least, Yamaha is always equated with performance Motorcycles and thanks to iconic bikes such as RD, RX, FZ-S and YZF R-15, its an established performance brand.

And most know that FE & Yamaha don't go hand in hand.

Ducati is in a different league altogether. The SF is S-I-C-K
Old 8th April 2011, 11:45   #25

@ JVH: Thanks for the link. Well to confess the truth, its all but my fault that am as confused as an infant in a topless bar! Will have to go back to drawing board to figure out the nuances.

@ nikhil: Thanks buddy! Will figure out what is the characteristics of Inline 4s etc. and go for the right one! The only time I think I will be taking out my dream machine machine would probably either be late nights or weekends and mostly in Aamchi Mumbai. So I think 796 would do the trick! However the maintainence mentioned by you swept me off my feet. Am also conscious about post-buy spend as am picking up the bike for sheer passion on a loan. Also am going to both the showrooms this weekend to check ergonomics as am 6'1'' with a slim build & really long legs . Post some more pictures and your experience so far.

@Sn1p3R: I completely agree! Its about the connect between the man & his machine. Forgive my ignorance, but does TD mean 796?
Old 9th April 2011, 09:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

@hell yeah: bro I want you to test drive the monster. I think it will be bit more compact for your height. I myself need to have more relaxed time with the bike to be assured that I (6 feet) will be comfy.
Old 10th April 2011, 10:22   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
@hell yeah: bro I want you to test drive the monster. I think it will be bit more compact for your height. I myself need to have more relaxed time with the bike to be assured that I (6 feet) will be comfy.
Thanks bro!

Am visiting the dealership today.

Cheers,
R
Old 10th April 2011, 23:15   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Niks. Great read and i hope you have many many miles riding away. Please do post day time pictures of the bike as that would do total justice to the thread.

1 query: Any way of dealing with the over heating? This would help you use it as a daily ride instead of only long trips.

Cheers and ride safe
Maddy
Old 11th April 2011, 07:42   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Congrats Niks. Great read and i hope you have many many miles riding away. Please do post day time pictures of the bike as that would do total justice to the thread.

1 query: Any way of dealing with the over heating? This would help you use it as a daily ride instead of only long trips.

Cheers and ride safe
Maddy
Thanks !
I haven't taken it out in day time so no pics yet.

A friend recommended using better coolant and removing the cat con to reduce the heating issue. I will think of these when my running period is over.
Old 11th April 2011, 13:44   #30
BHPian

A few more pics from thursday nights ride
Attached Thumbnails
FZ1 Ownership Thread-img_6735-copy.jpg  

FZ1 Ownership Thread-img_6702-copy-2.jpg  

FZ1 Ownership Thread-img_6707-copy.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks