Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2021, 19:20   #151
BHPian

Re: Used Grand Vitara - 2.0L or 2.4L?

Hello Everyone.
I am looking for a preowned Grand Vitara and have found one, with HR- registration, 2.4 L, Manual, 126000 kms run, second owner,. Asking price around 7 lacs. What should be the right price for this car. What should I specifically look for during inspection of the vehicle. Your suggestions would be a great help.
Regards
Old 28th May 2022, 17:06   #152
BHPian

Bumping up this old thread. Read through beginning to end and some fantastic information on this, thank you.

Have had it on my mind for quite a while to get a GV. Seen this one on TBHP classifieds, (2008 Maruti Grand Vitara for Sale). Chatted with the dealer and have got this info:
  • Single owner, full service history
  • 2.0 auto (not 2.4 unfortunately)
  • 68,000km on the clock
  • RC Valid till March 2023
  • 3rd party Insurance till March 2023

A couple of questions that I would appreciate some help with if possible:
  1. What would be a reasonable price?
  2. Anything in particular I need to look at? Of course I will get it checked 100% at MASS for its history and also to see if there is any pending work.
  3. Any suggestions for a MASS in Mumbai that is GV experienced?
  4. Do I need to be concerned that it only has 3rd party insurance or is that the norm for a 14 year old vehicle?
  5. What kind of maintenance costs and parts availability issues am I looking at if I plan to keep this till it dies?
  6. How expensive would it be to get the RC renewal next year? If I go ahead I will be bringing this down to Pune.
  7. Finally, does anyone know this car in person?

Thanks for your help and really hoping this one turns out to be a success story!
Old 29th May 2022, 08:15   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Bumping up this old thread. Read through beginning to end and some fantastic information on this, thank you.

A couple of questions that I would appreciate some help with if possible:
  1. What would be a reasonable price?
  2. Anything in particular I need to look at? Of course I will get it checked 100% at MASS for its history and also to see if there is any pending work.
  3. Any suggestions for a MASS in Mumbai that is GV experienced?
  4. Do I need to be concerned that it only has 3rd party insurance or is that the norm for a 14 year old vehicle?
  5. What kind of maintenance costs and parts availability issues am I looking at if I plan to keep this till it dies?
  6. How expensive would it be to get the RC renewal next year? If I go ahead I will be bringing this down to Pune.
  7. Finally, does anyone know this car in person?
Thanks for your help and really hoping this one turns out to be a success story!
Unless the MASS records confirm the running, the odometer has been tampered. Actually it should be greater than 100K kms.
Budget Rs. 75-120K for a full refurbish. Typical things like belts, suspension, bushings, seals and engine mounts.
Prices are a matter of or need and there is a lot of variation in the market currently.
Parts do take time to procure, but eventually they are made available by MASS system.
Almost any FNG or MASS can handle the car.
My RTO agent has quoted around 10K for 15 years renewal. I will be getting that done mid June.
sridhar-v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 10:48   #154
BHPian

What is the current going rate of 2.4 M in decent conidition? I got an offer of 5.7L.
Old 27th April 2023, 16:07   #155

Hi,
I'm looking for a GV 2.4. Any leads.?
tjyothin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 13:18   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjyothin View Post
Hi,
I'm looking for a GV 2.4. Any leads.?
I found a 2.4 auto for sale online. It has clocked 115000kms. Asking 3.5L . In photos, it looks clean. And the location is a 2000+ kms far from my place. What would you suggest, since it is a high mileage vehicle.?
Old 3rd May 2023, 13:38   #157
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

For all those on the hunt for a GV and wondering what a good price to offer is, I was offered a white unregistered 2.4 by a dealer back in 2013 for 6.5lacs. Dealer claimed that it was booked by MDs friend who backed out and car was used by the dealership without being registered for a couple of years. They even offered a warranty on it and claimed that it was in mint condition maintained by them itself. Probably the best deal ever but ended up missing out on it.

Today even with the inflated scene in our used car market, I would not recommend paying more than 3.5 lacs for a 2.4 as there will be a few expensive imported parts that would need replacing not to mention over a decade of interior wear to contend with. Goodluck and happy hunting

Quote:
I found a 2.4 auto for sale online. It has clocked 115000kms. Asking 3.5L . In photos, it looks clean. And the location is a 2000+ kms far from my place. What would you suggest, since it is a high mileage vehicle.?
Check steering rack condition (1.2 lac replacement cost) drive belt tensioner might also be making noise verify the service history and see which parts have been replaced when. One good thing is that these cars tend to be taken to the maruti service center itself so they all mostly have a trackable service history so you need to use that to your advantage to better understand the deal you are getting. While you're at the service center, ask whether they also know of any GVs for sale; usually showroom owners still keep GVs and Kizashis and they will be in decent condition.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 3rd May 2023 at 13:46.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 15:15   #158

Looking for a trustable car expert or mechanic to inspect a GV 2.4 in Dehradun. Can anyone help me with a contact?
Old 14th August 2023, 23:20   #159
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Looking for a trustable car expert or mechanic to inspect a GV 2.4 in Dehradun. Can anyone help me with a contact?
Best to drive to the biggest Maruti service centre in your area and ask them if they service the GV or a Kizashi. They likely won’t because only a few of their folks were trained to service these cars and they have since mostly moved on so they will direct you to which service centre in your town attends to these vehicles. You can go there and request them to inspect the car. They will know the usual parts that wear out and advise you well on how much expenses you can expect.
Old 10th September 2023, 14:15   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Dehradun is just a few hrs drive from Noida now. Motorcraft in Sector 140 Noida is the best place to get work done on a Grand Vitara (Japanese).
Styler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 11:21   #161

Picked up a 2.4 AT 2010. And enjoyed exploring a few beautiful places in Uttarakhand and driving back to Bangalore in it. Thank you all.!
tjyothin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 00:21   #162

Can anyone help me to get an invoice of 2010 GV AT. It is required for tax calculation. I asked the previous owner and tried to get from the showroom too. But no hope yet.
Please help if anyone has an example invoice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks