Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2018, 14:58   #151
BHPian

Re: Maruti: Vitara Brezza vs S-Cross

All
An update on my query earlier I picked up the EcoSport Tdci Titanium now as it looked like Brezza will get an updated engine in an year or earlier.
Have covered 1800 km until now mostly in Karnataka and TN.
Pros: features, linear engine, looks , buying experience, handling, acc, seats.
Cons: rear space thuds over big potholes
Thanks
Rohit
Rohit Tripathi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 22:08   #152
Senior - BHPian

Prepping up this old thread as I'm in the market for a compact SUV and have zeroed it down to one of these two cars. The S Cross ticks a lot of boxes but there are some misses , like the lack of rear AC vents, sunroof etc and it's more of a decision which you take with your mind than your heart. The Brezza is appealing but it's become too common now.

Any inputs? I'm pretty happy going with the 1.3 diesel multijet.
Old 17th September 2019, 10:41   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Prepping up this old thread as I'm in the market for a compact SUV and have zeroed it down to one of these two cars. The S Cross ticks a lot of boxes but there are some misses , like the lack of rear AC vents, sunroof etc and it's more of a decision which you take with your mind than your heart. The Brezza is appealing but it's become too common now.

Any inputs? I'm pretty happy going with the 1.3 diesel multijet.
I booked a Brezza ZDI. I'd have loved to go with S-Cross, but not having an automatic in this age is a NO NO.

I couldn't fit in to Venue driver seat, which are strangely narrow for a well built man like me. Never liked Creta. Nexon is lovely, but I would never touch a Tata product with a barge pole after a prior bad experience. XUV300 was a good option, somehow again did not find Mahindra very appealing.

I considered Seltos, WRV, Ecosport & S-Cross as the other alternatives. But, paying all that more for an untested Seltos car & Kia company didn't sound prudent. WRV was nice, but no automatic. Same was the case with S-Cross. Ecosport only has a premium Petrol auto, with extremely low milege for city, besides, I don't like it's wheel being perched on rear door, that extending the length of car. Tough in tight parking spots.

Toyota hasn't even tried to offer something in this market.

My choices quickly narrowed down to Brezza. Would have liked a Baleno like CVT in this, but have to settle for AMT. Not as refined, but will do.
Old 17th September 2019, 17:32   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar View Post
I booked a Brezza ZDI. I'd have loved to go with S-Cross, but not having an automatic in this age is a NO NO.
And I went with the S Cross. It provides fantastic value and it's a great package. The lack of an automatic wasn't a bummer for me as I prefer driving a Manual transmission.

Congratulations on your purchase. I've already clocked 5k KMs and I'm extremely happy with my purchase.

Now looking to replace the Civic with the Seltos or Hector.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks