Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Buy or Hold (Ecosport vs Kushaq)
Ecosport 79 28.42%
Kushaq 172 61.87%
others(please write comment) 27 9.71%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2021, 01:17   #31
BHPian

re: Buy Ford EcoSport, or hold on for Skoda Kushaq?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
For Ecosport titanium, its just 20k difference petrol vs diesel. I cannot go for higher variant as it is 2+ lacs away, taxes again.

To everyone:
It makes me feel sad that how people(outside KA) can give good suggestions without having to think much about taxes, but happy for you guys that you are in better state where taxes are low and roads do exist!
Hey ramki,

I think the car you have booked and finalised is a very good choice. Personally I would prefer picking up a almost top end variant of a car from a segment lower rather than the base variant of a costlier car. All I can say is I took delivery of my EcoSport Diesel Titanium last week and am loving it to bits (was actually tempted to go for the Seltos HTE but felt I was compromising too much). The interior is perfectly fine in the 2021 variant in the places that we would touch.

As you already have the booking you can ask the dealer to allot you the car when you are ready and maybe wait for the Kushaq if you are really interested. Otherwise I would suggest you go ahead with EcoSport yes it is ~8 years old but trust me it is brilliant.

P.S. Am not gonna suggest Petrol EcoSport as I understand if you have driven the TDCi the Petrol will not feel great.

Last edited by Shanksta : 27th March 2021 at 01:19.
Shanksta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 07:29   #32
Senior - BHPian

I was going to say:

How does one ask for, and more importantly how does one give advice on buying a car that is yet to even hit the roads?

Until I saw this,

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Won't vote without driving the Kushaq, but will surely say this = WAIT.
which is what needs to be done at this point in time.
AMG Power is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 07:54   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post

How does one ask for,
That's why subject of the topic is, Buy or Hold but not buy Ecosport or buy Kushaq

In another words, is it worth waiting for Kushaq or is my current choice good enough?

Hope you it is clear now.

Last edited by ramki.grandhi : 27th March 2021 at 07:59. Reason: grammar
ramki.grandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 08:08   #34
BHPian

Voted for the Ecosport. I honestly, did not like the look of the Kushaq. This is my opinion. To add to it, it may be a competent product but hearing of all the Skoda horror stories, I would never buy one.
Ford seems more transparent in their servicing and their prices. Go for the ecosport. Its tried and tested.
Old 27th March 2021, 10:31   #35
Senior - BHPian

Totally worth waiting for kushaq.

Even the base variant won’t really be barebones like the koreans/marutis as far as the unveiling videos go. You will be getting quite a few safety features, 7” touchscreen etc. And the build quality of skodas in general is solid. Additionally the drive-ability of the 1.0L TSI in Kushaq have good reviews all over(you can lookup YouTube).

If you have waited from 2019 till now, another 3 months won’t make much of a difference. Hence my advice would be HOLD

Last edited by SoumenD : 27th March 2021 at 10:33.
SoumenD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 12:25   #36
BHPian

Re: Buy Ford EcoSport, or hold on for Skoda Kushaq?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Hey ramki,

P.S. Am not gonna suggest Petrol EcoSport as I understand if you have driven the TDCi the Petrol will not feel great.
Hi Shanksta, I am in same boat as many now. Was waiting for Kushaq and while I would love to have a Skoda car (as I have Ford Figo currently), heart says Ford Eco Sport. I just had one question - If the usage is very low (city driving only during weekends and long highway drives once in 3 months) does TDCi make sense? I want a powerful engine and cost is not that big a parameter for me. Is Ford Eco Sport Petrol engine not that good?
Saminxs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 12:50   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saminxs View Post
Hi Shanksta, I am in same boat as many now. Was waiting for Kushaq and while I would love to have a Skoda car (as I have Ford Figo currently), heart says Ford Eco Sport. I just had one question - If the usage is very low (city driving only during weekends and long highway drives once in 3 months) does TDCi make sense? I want a powerful engine and cost is not that big a parameter for me. Is Ford Eco Sport Petrol engine not that good?
Hi Saminxs,

There is a mutual tradeoff choosing Petrol over Diesel or vice-versa. I personally prefer diesels over Petrol for the torquey nature, ease of driving, better fuel efficiency and cars with a big fuel tank like the EcoSport provide a great range.

I never drove the petrol EcoSport because of my preference so cannot comment. But all I can say is with a measly price gap of 20k between the petrol and diesel EcoSport in the 2021 Titanium trim, it makes more sense to pick up the TDCi. Running cost difference between the petrol and diesel EcoSport as mentioned in the brochure below.

Buy Ford EcoSport, or hold on for Skoda Kushaq?-a05b61e3942a41838ae6d19c22d03acd.jpeg

Last edited by Shanksta : 27th March 2021 at 12:53.
Shanksta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 12:53   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saminxs View Post
Absolutely nothing wrong with the Dragon petrol engine. It is good on driveability and power, perhaps a few points down on fuel efficiency (but then, all petrols including turbo petrols are today). However, the price difference between the petrol and the brilliant TDCI is very minor and if you want the full fat experience, go for the TDCI. The diesel with its solid midrange punch will give you a wider smile. But you can't go wrong with the petrol either, if your running is very low.

Either ways it's a brilliant and solid performer which looks handsome even today as compared to its Korean and Japanese competitors.
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 17:37   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cars that i couldn't consider:
1) Korean twins: For obvious, safety reasons.
2) Duster: Cannot live with that interiors.
3) Kicks: Excellent car and package but not sure about Nissan's future in india.
4) Nexon: Excellent car but expensive when compared with Ecosport.
Why are you not having a look at the Magnite and the Kiger??!
2000rpm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 18:45   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Why are you not having a look at the Magnite and the Kiger??!
At least to my eyes, these two doesn't have a "wow" factor. So, i didn't consider.
Old 27th March 2021, 19:06   #41
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Since you've held on to your purchase decision since 2019, I would say you can wait another year or so to see what the Skoda Kushaq really offers. The EcoSport is old and doesn't really seem like an upgrade from your Fabia, maybe just a tad bigger and higher GC. Also the question of Ford's commitment to stay in Indian market is still unclear.

Quote:
Positives of Kushaq:
1) Skoda brand.
This caught my attention. This is not a common perception in the Indian context and on this forum as well there are several horror stories about experiences with Skoda, most of them to do with sales and service experiences and not really the cars themselves.
But, seeing that you've had your Fabia for so long and you say this now it would be good to know how your service and ownership experiences have been with Skoda , another separate thread sometime will be good.

Last edited by NPV : 27th March 2021 at 19:09.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 23:19   #42
BHPian

And just like that Ford India is planning to increase prices

https://gaadiwaadi.com/ford-india-an...-to-endeavour/
Old 29th March 2021, 09:39   #43
BHPian

You can't go wrong with the ecosport for sure. I own one. The only problem is it's super heavy clutch. After using the car for 3 yrs now I have got an aversion for manual cars altogether! But it's indeed a gem of a car in every other area.

Have you considered the 5 star rated nexon? THE XZ plus petrol is 11.92 lacs on road in bangalore as per carwale.

Last edited by veyron_head : 29th March 2021 at 09:39. Reason: Spacing
Old 29th March 2021, 09:48   #44
BHPian

Because you added the “other” option , adding my 2 cents.

In you comments, I see that you have not picked Nexon due to cost.

XZ plus petrol on road for Nexon is 11.9L in Bangalore.
Proven 5 star safety, decent space, 350L boot, nice cabin, 120 BHP engine makes it for a decent choice in the segment.
charanreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 10:06   #45
BHPian

As GTO sir said, can't vote as the Kushaq hasn't even launched in the market yet (only unveiled). Secondly, your budget I believe will get you a base or one above variant of the Kushaq 1.0 MT TSI with fewer features (this is purely what I expect based on discussions here on Team Bhp and by some honest journalists).

Talking as an owner of EcoSport since almost 8 years now, I'd say go for the TDCI if you have your heart set on it. The running doesn't matter IMO smiles per mile do, also you'll thank yourself during those highway runs with a fully loaded car. My car all these years has just run 25k Kms only and yes they are genuine clicks, because my father's office trips are by the official car and my family prefers cab for city stints to avoid the hassle of parking in crowded spaces. The car has only done highway runs mostly and there is nothing wrong with it and the service is quite good and light on the pocket too. Many a times it has been kept sitting idle for a month and sometimes even more and it starts on a single crank without any surprising errors on the dashboard.

Nowadays, I drive it mostly and the grunt of the TDCI (despite it being a heavy car) still puts a smile on my face. The build quality and solidness is to be experienced to be appreciated and I warn you, you might dent some tin cans while closing their doors when you get used to the EcoSport.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks