Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Buy or Hold (Ecosport vs Kushaq)
Ecosport 79 28.42%
Kushaq 172 61.87%
others(please write comment) 27 9.71%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2021, 15:03   #106
BHPian

Re: Buy Ford EcoSport, or hold on for Skoda Kushaq?

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_lowrider View Post
It's not actually demand, rather their inability to manufacture due to a component shortage and Ford's growing apathy toward India.

I got my 3rd email expressing regret over the delivery getting delayed. I've kept my booking open for now, but test-drove the Nexon again (the 1st time around, I thought it lacked finesse). It has grown on me, and the dealer has said that I can expect delivery in 8 weeks, but the Ecosport's engine is way more tractable IMO. Going to wait this month out - hopefully we will have a better idea abut the Kushaq by then.

Which dealer are you currently speaking to?
Was talking to Bhavna Ford but they just don't seem to be interested. Rudra ford team approached and they seem very keen so might book through them. Unless anyone has had bad experience with them
Saminxs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 15:16   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saminxs View Post
God! So true.
After contemplating for days and reading 100s (may be 1000s) of posts on team bhp, I decided to buy an EcoSport AT (Petrol). But now they tell me there is 4 months waiting because of high demand. This is so annoying - to buy or wait?
Wait, would be my view. I get it - it is annoying. But unless you are in immediate urgent requirement of the car, and can afford to otherwise wait it out, do so. I had to do a similar thing when I bought my Swift way back in 2011. 5 months wait. Annoying, but when the car came into my hands and I got behind the wheel, all the irritation was forgotten in that lovely new car feel and the feeling of waiting it out for the car that I had really wanted - rather than something else which I had to settle for in my hurry to get a new car.

As they say, good things come to those who wait - sabar ka phal meetha hota hai. Trust me, it will certainly be worth it.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 9th April 2021 at 15:23.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 15:42   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Wait, would be my view. I get it - it is annoying. But unless you are in immediate urgent requirement of the car, and can afford to otherwise wait it out, do so. I had to do a similar thing when I bought my Swift way back in 2011. 5 months wait. Annoying, but when the car came into my hands and I got behind the wheel, all the irritation was forgotten in that lovely new car feel and the feeling of waiting it out for the car that I had really wanted - rather than something else which I had to settle for in my hurry to get a new car.

As they say, good things come to those who wait - sabar ka phal meetha hota hai. Trust me, it will certainly be worth it.
Thanks Arindam, I am not in a hurry and would have definitely waited if I was sure that Kushaq is what I want to drive. I have had a fantastic experience with my Ford Figo and I like Ford build quality and also like Ecosport driving dynamics.
Cost of ownership also I believe will be more reasonable with a Ford vehicle vis a vis Skoda. Having said so, it actually does not matter much to me. But a larger engine does matter.

Ford Ecosport will be available by June end or July only and I am hoping we would have had Kushaq reviews by then. So I can then cancel Ecosport booking and go for Kushaq in case it turns out to be better.

For now, I believe I am booking Ecosport.
Old 9th April 2021, 16:53   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Was talking to Bhavna Ford but they just don't seem to be interested. Rudra ford team approached and they seem very keen so might book through them. Unless anyone has had bad experience with them
My booking's with Rudraa Ford. They have been following up about the delays and seem rather contrite about the delays. So far they seem to be doing a decent job - in light of the poor availability of the model.
da_lowrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 17:18   #110
BHPian

I had the same dilemma after Kushaq launch but I feel it will be out of reach (budget wise) considering the similar features in Ecosport that I get. Plus I need a Diesel one.

I am sure Kushaq will be equally good in terms of ride and handling and features but in the end it's your priorities and money. You know what are your needs better. But you waited for this long; so sure you can wait more and know about the Kushaq by then.

Quote:
I got a better experience with Bhavna Ford in my area (Navi Mumbai). Its SA has been in touch with me regularly about the delay and hopefully he expects the car will be allocated in May. They really want to sell a car and I really appreciate their response even after booking the car. I am also sure of their after sales service which is top-notch here.
Old 9th April 2021, 17:30   #111
BHPian

Quote:
My booking's with Rudraa Ford. They have been following up about the delays and seem rather contrite about the delays. So far they seem to be doing a decent job - in light of the poor availability of the model.
Did you get any discount/offer? Asking just because we have booked through same dealer
Old 9th April 2021, 17:44   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Did you get any discount/offer? Asking just because we have booked through same dealer
Haha, no that's a fair question.
None whatsoever, the dealer kept saying there are no discount offers due to the price drop (when I had booked). I'm still going to try and get them to throw in something on account of the delay, once the car's been allocated. I shall keep you posted. Also, I've decided to get my own insurance - the Ford dealership quote is ridiculously high - so I'm saving some amount there. They have promised me corporate discount - whatever the offer will be at the time of invoicing. Oh yes, I booked the Trend variant, and Ford offers the roof rails as an official accessory for the Trend (they have mounting points - verified it online), they're fixing the roof rails at no cost. I tried to get them to throw in the spare wheel cover too, but so far that's a no go.
Old 9th April 2021, 19:06   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Haha, no that's a fair question.
None whatsoever, the dealer kept saying there are no discount offers due to the price drop (when I had booked). I'm still going to try and get them to throw in something on account of the delay, once the car's been allocated. I shall keep you posted. Also, I've decided to get my own insurance - the Ford dealership quote is ridiculously high - so I'm saving some amount there. They have promised me corporate discount - whatever the offer will be at the time of invoicing. Oh yes, I booked the Trend variant, and Ford offers the roof rails as an official accessory for the Trend (they have mounting points - verified it online), they're fixing the roof rails at no cost. I tried to get them to throw in the spare wheel cover too, but so far that's a no go.
Haha! I too told them I will get insurance from outside as there is a Rs 33K difference. They told me that while taking delivery, they will still try and see if they can come close to the quote I got from outside. Let's see.
I was concerned about the dealership but knowing one more teambhpian buying from there gives me some reassurance. Thanks again
Old 9th April 2021, 19:26   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Haha! I too told them I will get insurance from outside as there is a Rs 33K difference. They told me that while taking delivery, they will still try and see if they can come close to the quote I got from outside. Let's see.
I was concerned about the dealership but knowing one more teambhpian buying from there gives me some reassurance. Thanks again
Exactly, their quote was too high in my opinion.
Honestly, I'm buying from them due to lack of options.
Satyam Ford was too far for me, and SC Ford doesn't seem to have great reviews. I checked to see if there were any horror stories online about Rudraa Ford but couldn't find any, so went with them. Anytime dude

P.S. Which colour did you opt for? We've booked the Blue one.
Old 10th April 2021, 12:26   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly, their quote was too high in my opinion.
Honestly, I'm buying from them due to lack of options.
Satyam Ford was too far for me, and SC Ford doesn't seem to have great reviews. I checked to see if there were any horror stories online about Rudraa Ford but couldn't find any, so went with them. Anytime dude

Hey! Blue is their most famous colour I believe. I booked Black, have always loved black. My Figo is also Black . We also considered Race Red for few minutes but Zeroed on black.

I wanted to buy from Bhavna Ford as Mira Road is very far for me (actually have never been there ever) but the SA at Bhavna Ford was just too laid back and not responding. I was chasing them for 2 months now and they didn't seem interested so. Rudraa Ford at least showed interest and visited. As you mentioned, there are not many options for Dealerships. Keeping fingers crossed now. I have requested faster delivery, lets see.
Old 10th April 2021, 12:37   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshift View Post

I got a better experience with Bhavna Ford in my area (Navi Mumbai). Its SA has been in touch with me regularly about the delay and hopefully he expects the car will be allocated in May. They really want to sell a car and I really appreciate their response even after booking the car. I am also sure of their after sales service which is top-notch here.
Hi, Can you share the name and number of the SA who is handling your requirement?
Old 10th April 2021, 19:23   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Can you share the name and number of the SA who is handling your requirement?
Sure. Its Tushar Shinde from Bhavna Ford Panvel. (8898970117)
blueshift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 17:10   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Hey! Blue is their most famous colour I believe. I booked Black, have always loved black. My Figo is also Black . We also considered Race Red for few minutes but Zeroed on black.

I wanted to buy from Bhavna Ford as Mira Road is very far for me (actually have never been there ever) but the SA at Bhavna Ford was just too laid back and not responding. I was chasing them for 2 months now and they didn't seem interested so. Rudraa Ford at least showed interest and visited. As you mentioned, there are not many options for Dealerships. Keeping fingers crossed now. I have requested faster delivery, lets see.
Thanks, yep blue is quite popular. I think the black.looks smashing but my folks aren't fans of black cars.

Yep, I'll keep you posted about my car and the delivery. Fingers crossed it shouldn't be too long now!
Old 12th April 2021, 11:17   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I tried to get them to throw in the spare wheel cover too, but so far that's a no go.
That will be a tough one for them to agree to. If you can get it free, I would be pleasantly surprised. I did get a discount of Rs.2000 on the wheel cover for my Ecosport though, which was not much - but then this was over and above the INR 70,000 discount that I managed to waggle out on the car price itself.

This is the only accessory I found worth investing in. Other than that, my S TDCI remains bone stock and intend to keep it that way as it is supremely loaded from the get go.

Quote:
On the day of booking, I opened Policybazaar on my phone, and showed the sales advisor that there was Rs. 31,000 difference between their price and what I could get from outside. Made my intention clear that I would opt for lower insurance from outside, since theirs was heavily overpriced. Lo and behold, at the time of invoicing, their quote matched the outside number till the last paise. I did not have to do anything more, and was happy that I did not have to do the additional footwork for obtaining external insurance. The sales guys are immediately on guard and more willing to concede ground when an informed customer comes around - that has been my consistent experience during car buying.

Quote:
Ecosport is one of the rare cars where each and every one of the offered colours look good. In my view, the blue is the first among equals, with the black coming a close second (especially when it is polished well). I have a weakness for blue, since I find it to be really sporty and classy in equal measure. The Lightning Blue on the Ecosport looks particularly smashing. Congrats on the colour choice.

Cannot resist re-posting a couple of pics of my gorgeous blue S TDCI a day after delivery!
Attached Thumbnails
Buy Ford EcoSport, or hold on for Skoda Kushaq?-ecosport-1.jpg  

Buy Ford EcoSport, or hold on for Skoda Kushaq?-ecosport-2.jpg  

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 12th April 2021 at 11:20.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 09:35   #120
BHPian

Nice and informative video on similar subject. Please do watch, if you haven't already.

ramki.grandhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks