Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2008, 15:36   #91
Senior - BHPian

anup, as far as i remember, you car has the new bumper. does that mean the water still spills over the windshield? then whats the purpose of the side wings on the new bumper?
Old 6th November 2008, 19:11   #92
Senior - BHPian

With the new front bumper also the water splashes on to the windshield..

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
with the new bumper, water does not spill on to the bonnet in my scorpio. can anybody having a scorpio throw more light on this?
Old 6th November 2008, 20:10   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
With the new front bumper also the water splashes on to the windshield..
i have done normal speeds, as in 50-70 kmph and had no problems, i think i have to check with higher speeds but doing higher speeds than this may turn risky too.
Old 6th November 2008, 21:05   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
, as far as i remember, you car has the new bumper. does that mean the water still spills over the windshield? then whats the purpose of the side wings on the new bumper?
Yes, my car has the 'new style' bumper, but water still showers down the windscreen at highway speeds!
Purpose of the side wings? Shall we call it a failed modification?!
Old 6th November 2008, 21:15   #95
Senior - BHPian

Changing over from H/T to A/T tyres has solved my waterfall problem to a large extent - happens only if I drive over water at high speeds.
Old 6th November 2008, 21:46   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Changing over from H/T to A/T tyres has solved my waterfall problem to a large extent - happens only if I drive over water at high speeds.
Same here too. i used to experience this annoying water splash over windscreen while using bridgestone H/T tyres. My current A/T(goodyear wrangler AT/R) tyres solved this problem.
Old 6th November 2008, 21:50   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Same here too. i used to experience this annoying water splash over windscreen while using bridgestone H/T tyres. My current A/T(goodyear wrangler AT/R) tyres solved this problem.
Err....where do my Pirelli STRs fit in??

And we are talking about water splash at highway speeds, 90 kmph or so.
And driving through substantial pools of water; NOT just wet roads! Virtually changes the direction your car is headed!

Last edited by anupmathur : 6th November 2008 at 21:51.
Old 7th November 2008, 08:40   #98
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I am also on the same wavelength. My Bridgestone AT tyres have really helped control the waterfall effect (not eliminated completely) at speeds of 60-100 kmph.
Old 7th November 2008, 08:56   #99
Senior - BHPian

water tends to splash heavily onto the windscreen while driving at higher speeds in my Scorp - it has the normal Bridgestone Dueler HT tyres - anything over 40-50 kmph in the hills during monsoons and on highways if one is doing normal highway speeds of 80-90kmph.
most irritating but since I used to face the same trouble in my Bolero Im kind of used to it. So nowadays I simply slow down while passing through large puddles on the road.
Old 7th November 2008, 09:24   #100
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Guys its almost time for a tyre change on my Scorpio. Mine is an older 2.6 Dx with 15" rims. Planning to upgrade to alloys and new tyres.

I would be really greatful if someone could tell me where i can source 'Maxxis' AT tyres in Bangalore ?? Is this a good brand to go with ?! I really love the way they look !!

Mods...slightly OT but plz bear...tyres were being discussed here
Old 7th November 2008, 10:17   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
water tends to splash heavily onto the windscreen while driving at higher speeds in my Scorp - it has the normal Bridgestone Dueler HT tyres - anything over 40-50 kmph in the hills during monsoons and on highways if one is doing normal highway speeds of 80-90kmph.
Shankar, your Scorpio has the unmodified short bumper. The splash from that one is quite formidable!
Old 7th November 2008, 10:29   #102
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

As I have mentioned earlier, the new W bumper(on my new mhawk) offers little solace for water not to spill on Windscreen. I also have an Crde-SLX(which used to have the old bumper replaced that with new W-one thinking that it will help) which has the same problem with different degree of the trouble.
Old 9th November 2008, 10:49   #103
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Guys its almost time for a tyre change on my Scorpio. Mine is an older 2.6 Dx with 15" rims. Planning to upgrade to alloys and new tyres.

I would be really greatful if someone could tell me where i can source 'Maxxis' AT tyres in Bangalore ?? Is this a good brand to go with ?! I really love the way they look !!

*BUMP* guys...some help here will be greatly appreciated.
Old 9th November 2008, 19:43   #104
Senior - BHPian

Nip, post this in the tyres & alloys section and you shall get an instant response..

Are you looking for this - 235/75R15 104Q MA-761 Bravo Series. I don't think anyone stocks it here. You might have warranty issues even if someone imports and sells it to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post

Last edited by gd1418 : 9th November 2008 at 19:48.
Old 9th November 2008, 21:00   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Err....where do my Pirelli STRs fit in??
All season highway tires.
Don't expect much in terms of off roading.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks