Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2009, 19:39   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Areeb,

Thanks for the break-up.

As you mentioned, the road tax is missing. Not sure if this is going to be a final moment surprise. Be careful!
My understanding of the Registration is that includes Road Tax. When I went to the dealer on Sunday, they quoted ~35k for Registration + Road Tax + number plates, etc.
Old 21st October 2009, 20:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon View Post
My understanding of the Registration is that includes Road Tax. When I went to the dealer on Sunday, they quoted ~35k for Registration + Road Tax + number plates, etc.

Darn! Yes, it should be!

I missed this equation!!!
Old 21st October 2009, 21:07   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon View Post
Areeb,

Please let us know who actually gets you the better deal and if they would offer it for another LX.
At this moment I am really sad. Back to square one! Can't even post the reason why!!

For those who are wondering what happened, all I can say is, it's a great deal went sour.
Old 21st October 2009, 21:13   #34
BHPian

woah? What happened? msg me buddy. U mean something happened after we spoke?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.
Old 21st October 2009, 22:12   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItMyLife View Post
woah? What happened? msg me buddy. U mean something happened after we spoke?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.
Yes, after we spoke, the DM at Sterling got to know that the guy from Rama with me was shouting in his showroom today.

At first I thought of not posting it here cause it could be a risk but hell, I'll face it head on, so here goes...

The guy from Sterling called me up said he would have to cancel my deal and/or upto forcing an anti poach by preventing me from buying the vehicle from Rama because of the show down that happened today by the Rama sales guy and because I withdrew my booking stating personal reasons.

So the best deal I am left with is from Rama which is the 8,02,111/- and the freebies posted earlier. Didn't tell this as yet to the Rama guy rather insisted on further discounts with him. He asked me to come down and would consider further discounts so let's see what happens.

Man...buying a TATA is not easy!

Last edited by alexnazim : 21st October 2009 at 22:20.
Old 22nd October 2009, 15:43   #36

Quote:
Areeb,

Thanks for the break-up.

As you mentioned, the road tax is missing. Not sure if this is going to be a final moment surprise. Be careful!
My first post in TBHP
I guess the amount of 39,050/- Registration, is the road tax portion.
Anyone in Bangalore trying to break a deal please let me know or stay in touch. We can work in tandem. I have talked to Concorde - free insurance + corporate discount of some 4K + two diff typpes of rubber mats. Am going through this weekend for a deal.

Will keep u guys informed.
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:17   #37
Senior - BHPian

The road tax is Karnataka is the highest in the country. It is 1L+ for an LX
Old 22nd October 2009, 18:00   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
The road tax is Karnataka is the highest in the country. It is 1L+ for an LX
There is a very huge variation around the country on road tax. Example Chandigarh: The registration for an LX there would cost you 4260/- plus 100 bucks for Hypothetication!

Delhi registration break up for an LX per the delhi govt. website is: 29099 (Road Tax) +100 (Hypo. Fee) + 200 (Reg Fee) + 4000 (Parking Free) comes to a total of 33,399/-

Then there is a number plate charge of rs. 200/- and so on which dealers add on to reach the standard 35K+.

Last edited by alexnazim : 22nd October 2009 at 18:10.
Old 22nd October 2009, 18:22   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash_anand View Post
...I have talked to Concorde - free insurance + corporate discount of some 4K + two diff typpes of rubber mats. Am going through this weekend for a deal.

Will keep u guys informed.
Free insurance is the current offer.

Corporate discount is what you get due to the company you work in - always there.

2 different kinds of rubber mat? Now, I am not sure if that is even to be considered.

Ok, here is the point I am trying to make. I am sure the sales guys are making it feel that you got a killer deal. Don't fall for it.

Also talk to Prerana and check what they are offering. Heck, even I got a better deal for a made-to-order 4x4, in which they do not have much to gain (aka, money not yet held up).

Now unless you are doing the same, you should get a much better offer for a 4x2 that is current in their yard (aka, they waiting to recover their money).
Old 22nd October 2009, 22:23   #40

Quote:

Ok, here is the point I am trying to make. I am sure the sales guys are making it feel that you got a killer deal. Don't fall for it.
Thanx HW for your comment. Feels nice when your first post gets scrutinised, posted and answered to.

I meant break/broker a deal not buy what they have offered. I have'nt started the real negotiation yet, But I am going to call Prerna tomorrow for an appointment or call. Any pointers for breaking a good deal wud help.

Quote:

Also talk to Prerana and check what they are offering. Heck, even I got a better deal for a made-to-order 4x4, in which they do not have much to gain (aka, money not yet held up).
Made to order 4X4!! Is it a secret LX 4X4 Ketan's been trying to broker from TATA?

Another quick question - any post on the ABS (in VX/GX) advantages over the normal braking. Not info about the ABS module but about actual circumstances it being useful in the Safari. That wud help me decide to either go for the LX/EX or the GX.
Old 23rd October 2009, 00:04   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another quick question - any post on the ABS (in VX/GX) advantages over the normal braking. Not info about the ABS module but about actual circumstances it being useful in the Safari. That wud help me decide to either go for the LX/EX or the GX.
Yash - IMHO and based on some feedback, ABS is always good to have but for a vehicle of Safari's stance and weight, regular brakes are good enough provided you have good tyres and are not driving at three digit speeds on a wet/twisty road. Smaller cars are more vulnerable to skidding on wet surfaces due to lesser weight.

ABS/EBD was the only reason I was considering buying a GX but decided against it and decided to go in for a 4x4 EX instead.

Hope this helps.
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:54   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanx HW for your comment. Feels nice when your first post gets scrutinised, posted and answered to...
Welcome!

Quote:
... I have'nt started the real negotiation yet, But I am going to call Prerna tomorrow for an appointment or call. Any pointers for breaking a good deal wud help...
Its like this, floor mats and mud flaps are to be there. This is not to be treated as a freebie! Heck, you are not buying a Nano!!!

Check what is TATA offering (which changes month on month); currently it is free insurance. Check for corporate discount.

Now all the above are standard, meaning, regardless of the dealer, you should get these. So, this is the point above which the differentiators based on which you need to decide with whom you should go with, comes into the picture. Be clear with the sales guy that you are looking for the best deal and you are not in love with them to accept their offerings blindly!

Quote:
... Made to order 4X4!! Is it a secret LX 4X4 Ketan's been trying to broker from TATA? ...
GX, that too a 4x4 and above all, a Mineral Red! This is one combination that is not made on the regular runs. The fast moving colors, like white and black, will have at least a minimum number produced in a batch, but not this color.

This is the reason why I got a vehicle which was manufactured on July 27th and delivered on Aug 8th! Yahoooo!!!!

Quote:
...Another quick question - any post on the ABS (in VX/GX) advantages over the normal braking. Not info about the ABS module but about actual circumstances it being useful in the Safari. That wud help me decide to either go for the LX/EX or the GX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Yash - IMHO and based on some feedback, ABS is always good to have but for a vehicle of Safari's stance and weight, regular brakes are good enough provided you have good tyres and are not driving at three digit speeds on a wet/twisty road. Smaller cars are more vulnerable to skidding on wet surfaces due to lesser weight.

ABS/EBD was the only reason I was considering buying a GX but decided against it and decided to go in for a 4x4 EX instead.

Hope this helps.
+1 to the above.

ABS is a must have for a 2-tonner, well, at least in my books. This is one reason I was previously looking for the VX 4x2 (GX was not available at that time). Thankfully, things got messed up and purchase did not happen. But when the time came, GX was released. This allowed me to go for an ABS version and a 4x4. (Thank God!!!)

I am not a big fan of the airbag, since I believe (my belief) is that the crumple zone will do a good job and I should not be driving that fast or reckless to warrant an absolute necessity of airbags. ABS yes, for control will make a difference.

I had one situation when driving in Kerala during Onam time. Narrow road and me overtaking a guy on bike with kid on petrol tank. Bus comes howling down the road (the good old KSRTC!!!). I cut sharp to the left with eyes on left side mirror to ensure that I do not push the biker. What I did not notice was that an auto guy had stopped his auto right on the road to take a passenger. Full braking and a sharp cut to the right, ensured that all of us got out safe. It was much later that I realised that ABS had engaged which is why I was able to execute the sudden cut.

+1 points to the ABS and one demerit for me!

Onam day and lack of heavy traffic made me take a higher than safe speed on that road that day!

Last edited by HappyWheels : 23rd October 2009 at 09:57.
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:54   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is the reason why I got a vehicle which was manufactured on July 27th and delivered on Aug 8th! Yahoooo!!!!
HappyWheels - How did you know that your Safari was manufactured on 27th July?

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th November 2009 at 20:36. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:12   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

ABS is a must have for a 2-tonner, well, at least in my books. This is one reason I was previously looking for the VX 4x2 (GX was not available at that time). Thankfully, things got messed up and purchase did not happen. But when the time came, GX was released. This allowed me to go for an ABS version and a 4x4. (Thank God!!!)

I am not a big fan of the airbag, since I believe (my belief) is that the crumple zone will do a good job and I should not be driving that fast or reckless to warrant an absolute necessity of airbags. ABS yes, for control will make a difference.

I think folks should stretch their budget to get the GX for the ABS. Definitely required in a vehicle with a high stance and heavy weight.
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:51   #45
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I think folks should stretch their budget to get the GX for the ABS. Definitely required in a vehicle with a high stance and heavy weight.
Guys I have an EX 4x2. I love my ride. That said, I really wanted both ABS and AirBags. The only version at the time VX was a stretch too much for me. Now on hindsight I would have probably stretched my budget.

One can immediately appreciate the ABS, unfortunately not true for AirBags until the unfortunate moment. My dad in his Grand Vitara was involved in a head-on collusion with a Landcruiser and survived. He was wearing seat-belts too.

My dad narrated what happened when he regained consciousness with 12 cracked ribs and broken sternum. The forced of the impact tore the seat belt. The cracked ribs start in a curve from the top of the back to the front side. These were at the points where the seat belts held him before tearing. The impact continued pushing him forward, after the seat belts tore, towards the airbags that opened as they should. But the airbags too tore upon impact but atleast cushioned him for the next impact. This was his chest hitting the top of the steering. That broke his sternum. And he passed out.

I thank god for his surviving. And the other guy survived too.

As for the cabin of the vitara, you will not realise there was an accident of this magnitude. The build quality was awesome. Talk about cumple zones, yes they help. The front/nose of the vitara didnt exist after the accident.

So please, if you can stretch your moolah and go for an ABS+airbags version always.

PS: this happened in Doha, Qatar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks