Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2009, 00:51   #76
BHPian

Congratulations Rahul on your new beast. Please do post some pictures.
Old 5th November 2009, 10:01   #77
BHPian

Congrats CD. One more 4x4 Safari added to community.

Have you already taken off to moon in your new 4x4? No updates, no pics!!
Old 5th November 2009, 10:15   #78
BHPian

Congrats. When are you getting it home? Some pics please.
Old 5th November 2009, 11:16   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
...Finally my (prospective) Safari is on Bangalore soil. It was unloaded at Concorde Motors stockyard around 8 pm today...
Cool_dube,

Good to know that the vehicle has landed.

Hope the PDI goes smoothly and things are to your satisfaction.

Would suggest that you carry some sweets to those folks over there, which you can distribute if all things are in order.

Those chaps are usually at the bad end of the stick, the service shouts! Lets them be happy once a while.
Old 5th November 2009, 11:28   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Guys,

Finally my (prospective) Safari is on Bangalore soil. It was unloaded at Concorde Motors stockyard around 8 pm today. Unfortunately I cannot take the first half off tomorrow due to some pressing engagement at work and would be able to do my PDI only by afternoon. I will keep you all posted.

Cheers
Rahul
From my experience with the Safari, please have the PDI done by someone who knows the Safari 4X4 at the yard before the vehicle is checked by the Concorde staff. It is imperative to check the vehicle in an as-is-where-is state from the factory to ensure that is was manufactured properly.
Old 5th November 2009, 11:38   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon View Post
Congratulations! Do let us know about the PDI and please put in pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSparrow View Post
Congratulations Rahul on your new beast. Please do post some pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Congrats CD. One more 4x4 Safari added to community. Have you already taken off to moon in your new 4x4? No updates, no pics!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
Congrats. When are you getting it home? Some pics please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Cool_dube, Good to know that the vehicle has landed.
Thanks guys. I would be going to the stockyard today afternoon to have a look at the vehicle. I would be spending a few hours checking the vehicle meticulously to my satisfaction. In case everything is fine, I would give a go-ahead to Concorde to do their PDI and make the vehicle ready for registration by Saturday. If everything goes well, my Safari should be home on Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
From my experience with the Safari, please have the PDI done by someone who knows the Safari 4X4 at the yard before the vehicle is checked by the Concorde staff. It is imperative to check the vehicle in an as-is-where-is state from the factory to ensure that is was manufactured properly.
Devdath - when you say someone at the yard, would they too not be Concorde staff?
Old 5th November 2009, 12:35   #82
BANNED

Quote:
Devdath - when you say someone at the yard, would they too not be Concorde staff?
Sorry, my bad, "someone at the yard" meant- Get the PDI done by someone while the truck is at the yard and not at the showroom.
Old 5th November 2009, 23:06   #83
Senior - BHPian

Checked the beast out

First of all, many thanks to all of you for your inputs and special thanks to our TBHP 'resident PDI expert' Devdath for sparing time on helping me out with this. He took the trouble of hitching a bus ride all the way from MG Road to Kudlu Gate (on Hosur Road) for helping me with my PDI.

Here is a brief report:

Me and my brother reached the stockyard around 3 pm. The Safari was parked outside the yard - as instructed by me, Concorde guys had only done a quick wash and nothing else. We wanted to see the vehicle as delivered by Tata Motors. While we waited for Dev, who was on his way, we did the following rounds of inspection, in the given order:

Exteriors:
- Paint quality was good except for a couple of minor scratches which, I was told, would be taken care of when the vehicle is polished before delivery
- No dings, dents, signs of re-paint were observed
- No signs of rust whatsoever (biggest relief)
- Alloy wheels rims appeared to be of good quality

Underbelly:
- Some rust was observed on few of the cast iron components, which was confirmed by Dev to be usual and not a cause of concern. I am anyways planning to get an ant-rust coating done on the underchassis and this should be taken care of
- No other issues were observed here

Interiors:
- As expected, plastic quality (fit/finish) remains as pathetic as ever, does not feel like a 11L vehicle at all
- One of the seat belts was stuck, brought this to the notice of the technician
- Some of the door rubbers (a common problem I am told) were missing, brought this to the notice of the technician

By this time, Dev had arrived and we managed to drive the beast around a bit. This was the best part - with Dev and me taking turns at the wheel, some salient points:

- Awesome power delivery
- Excellent view from driver's seat, especially with height adjustment
- Suspension with an appetite to swallow potholes and speed-breakers without a hitch
- No evident issues with engine, drivetrain, gear-box
- Tried the 4H and 4L as well, no issues here

Overall, I was satisfied with the vehicle and so was Dev. Concorde is doing its PDI tomorrow and vehicle will go for registration on Saturday. Most probably I would be getting the delivery on Monday.

Some pics attached...
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari DICOR VTT 4WD owners - feedback required-safari1.jpg  

Tata Safari DICOR VTT 4WD owners - feedback required-safari2.jpg  

Tata Safari DICOR VTT 4WD owners - feedback required-safari3.jpg  

Tata Safari DICOR VTT 4WD owners - feedback required-safari4.jpg  

Tata Safari DICOR VTT 4WD owners - feedback required-safari5.jpg  

Old 5th November 2009, 23:30   #84
BHPian

I can see the ECU cover missing. It was a part of the retro done to all 2.2 Safaris recently. I hope the dealer might be fixing it later.
Old 5th November 2009, 23:32   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
I can see the ECU cover missing. It was a part of the retro done to all 2.2 Safaris recently. I hope the dealer might be fixing it later.
Noted. Will ask the dealer. What else was done as a retro-fit that I might be missing?
Old 6th November 2009, 08:12   #86
BANNED

Quote:
Noted. Will ask the dealer. What else was done as a retro-fit that I might be missing?
The ECU cover is done as an extra fitment on all Safaris before delivery. Dont worry, they will do it for you at before they hand over the truck.
Old 6th November 2009, 09:21   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What else was done as a retro-fit that I might be missing?
Check your AC mechanism in-n-out. Run the blowers on max speed, check for vent leakages etc. In my case a servo relay was missing and TASS did not honor warranty- left me poorer by ~350/-. More here.

Quote:
- Some of the door rubbers (a common problem I am told) were missing, brought this to the notice of the technician
Check jump seats too. There are a couple of tiny rubbers, on each seat, to damp the backrest against panel- easily missed but difficult to replace- quite tormenting on a 13L package.

All the best and congrats in advance... lets jam together on NH4 sometime

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 6th November 2009 at 09:39.
Old 6th November 2009, 09:55   #88
BHPian

Lucky cool_dube to have Safari expert Devdath accompany him for the PDI of his car. Any Safari expert from Kolkata interested in accompanying me to RD Motors Stockyard next week?

@Devdath : Can you please pass on some tips to me as well i am expecting my Safari in the next 4-5 days at Kolkata.Viz. ECU cover where is it in the engine bay????any other tips to check the complete vehicle viz. missing rubber parts etc. which may be inherent with the Safari.

Other technical aspects i can check on my own.
Thanks!!!!
Shantanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The ECU cover is done as an extra fitment on all Safaris before delivery. Dont worry, they will do it for you at before they hand over the truck.
Old 6th November 2009, 10:58   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhaduri View Post
Any Safari expert from Kolkata...
Seek adc to bless your safari... you will enjoy like his TMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhaduri View Post
please pass on some tips... ECU cover where is it in the engine bay... missing rubber parts etc
Other technical aspects i can check on my own.
TML does include a DiCOR engine, a gearbox, a clutch, an accelerator and a brake pedal with each of their safari and off-course an inlet for diesel. Not to forget, they do include four wheels grounded and one spare bolted on the tail door. They give a pair of keys too, to put all these things together in motion... what else technical is there to check? Please enlighten

The moment you succumbed to Safari's charm, you have overlooked her blemishes. Now don't punish yourself with the thoughts of something missing on her- enjoy, she is known to be capable and more faithful or at least as faithful as any other car on road. You will love her!

Congrats and best wishes mate, in advance.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 6th November 2009 at 11:08. Reason: uid link
Old 6th November 2009, 11:20   #90
Senior - BHPian

Mmm... I think I see the ECU cover (that flimsy rubber cover in front of the wiper fluid tank). Anyway, just make sure, CD.

Check for foam materials between the front and the radiator. They often forget to remove them.

And, important - after a wash, check the headlights. The fogging up of headlights is a inherent issue. Not a concern since they replace it under warranty,but, if you spot it first itself, get it changed.

Check for all warranty cards. Check for the spares. Check for grease in the interiors.

Hope that you get to do at least 50% of the checks that you might have planned. As mentioned by BJ69 above, there are high chances of you just go drooling and miss out. Happens to everyone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks