Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2012, 19:49   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)

The videos are not of that high quality.

The Chikmagalur - Kadur Stretch. Was a bliss to drive on this stretch. Freshly laid tarmac with lovely straights and curves.

The Eagle Eye Resort - Adlur stretch with lot of curves with tree dotting the road.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 28th February 2012 at 19:59. Reason: Changed the first video from private to public
guyfrmblr is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 19:51   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Vinay, please check the first video - it does not load, but instead gives a message that the video is private.
Old 28th February 2012, 20:34   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
Vinay, please check the first video - it does not load, but instead gives a message that the video is private.
Changed the video permission from private to public sir. The first video may give you an excuse to do that route. You can see a mangoose crossing towards the end of the first video. Forgot to capture the straights of NH 206
Old 29th February 2012, 12:39   #154
Senior - BHPian

FZ1 exhaust note at Team-BHP meet, Shishir's kid falling down when Mahesh raised the throttle

Last edited by shamanth : 29th February 2012 at 12:43.
shamanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2012, 06:57   #155
Senior - BHPian

Got inspired by this, I am planning a weekend trip to Chikmagalur. Found that there are 2 routes via NH 48 and the other via NH206 and that both are good. I plan to take NH 48 for the onward journey and HN 206 for the return. Any suggestions? Also, I am considering the "Thippanahalli Home stay". Any feedback on this? Also, which was the resort that you guys stayed in?

Thanks.
Old 24th March 2012, 09:46   #156
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Got inspired by this, I am planning a weekend trip to Chikmagalur. Found that there are 2 routes via NH 48 and the other via NH206 and that both are good. I plan to take NH 48 for the onward journey and HN 206 for the return. Any suggestions? Also, I am considering the "Thippanahalli Home stay". Any feedback on this? Also, which was the resort that you guys stayed in?

Thanks.
Both routes are equally good. As you mentioned, you can try one route while going and the other one while coming back to B'lore. Both routes are recently re-tarred.

Thippanahalli homestay is one of the best out there in Chikmagalur. You cannot go wrong with Thippanahalli. Note that it is located on the Bababudanagiri side of Chikmagalur, you have to take the Mullayanagiri route to reach this homestay. A small tip - try to get the Arabica / Robusta cottages at Thippanahalli, they are much better than the other ones available there (superb view of Mullayanagiri peak from those 2 cottages).

We stayed at Eagle Eye resort. That is near Balehonnur, 50km away from Vhikmagalur town, on the Chikmagalur-Sringeri route.

Last edited by KarthikK : 24th March 2012 at 09:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks