Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2012, 20:31   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)

Chikmagalur. The name invokes images of coffee estates, some beautiful scenery, the lovely roads. And when it's been a long time since a TBHP meet has happened, something just had to be done.

And we did it. Avijit took the lead, and managed the show single-handedly. The preparations were done, and it was D-day. 18-Feb 2012. But not before the excitement of TBHP trip kept many of the group up till late

We met as planned on NH-48 on Saturday morning, and set off on the trip. A lovely drive, and a lovely evening that also gave us moments like this:

Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)-chikmagalursunset.jpg

(Sunset at the resort)

And now handing over to the group to share their pics and narrations ...
condor is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th February 2012, 21:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chikmagalur: Cars, Coffee & TBHP Champs :)

Most eagerly awaited thread over last few weeks. My sudden travel ensured i was not able to make it to the meet, but this thread will probably make me feel i was there albeit remotely.

Awaiting lots of pictures and details from everyone.
Old 19th February 2012, 21:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

One hell of a ride and meet, just awesome, 600 kms, 4 bikes and 15 cars. Mindblowing twisties, straight roads, cannot be explained. It was nice meeting all of you who made it to the meet.
Thanks to asdon for organizing the meet.
rk_sans is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2012, 21:55   #4
BHPian

Thank you guys for making the trip so enjoyable, and special thanks to our four bikers, you guys made the day!!! Not getting energy to write today, will leave it to other members to start first.

I know this will come later, but to start with my 5 star to this thread.

Last edited by asdon : 19th February 2012 at 22:05.
asdon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2012, 21:55   #5
BHPian

What to say, just one word, AWESOME!!! My first T-BHP meet and what a meet it was. Meeting distinguished people like Condor, Nikhil, Aditya and others in flesh. Seriously guys, its been a real pleasure meeting all u guys.
Biker Boyz, you guys stole the show.
Avijit (Asdon), Kudos to you for pulling this off single-handedly You are a great organiser.

Will share my set of pics later.

Last edited by floyd.bell : 19th February 2012 at 22:01.
floyd.bell is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 07:15   #6
BHPian

First of all, Thanks to asdon for such a well organized event and choosing a good resort, right from the first meeting point till the end was just amazing, roads were awesome to drive on except few patches here and there, trailing the bikers, rolling down the window and hearing the engine and exhaust note each time they shifted gears was a bliss in the ghat section. Ninja and the FZ1 were the celebrities through out the trip along with the CBR's.

Had a great time interacting with the bikers.

The roads were so good that on the way back nikhil's civic decided to take a U turn and wanted to head back on thoes roads, smooth roads with curves are tempting indeed

It was really nice to catch up with all of you guys, had a real fun time. As they say all good thingfs have to come to an end...looking forward for the next one.

Hope the Safari reached bangalore safe without any issues.

Pic's will follow soon..........................

-Sajan
sajands is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 07:27   #7
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic trip. Thoroughly enjoyed meeting and speaking to literally all the members and families who made it to the meet. Thanks for the awesome experience. Lots of new friends were made, lots of learning from chatting with automobile gurus like Aditya sir, Nikhil, condor and ssjr0498, to name a few

I was glad to also discover an old classmate (guyfrmblr) was also part of the meet, and great fun discovering a senior at my same engineering college (Aviorp) - was great to catch up with old times and college life as well.

On the driving side of things, had a blast flying the Jet through the twisties, and what better way to do it than with amazing company of like-minded petrolhead BHPians!

On the return journey, the group broke up at Chikmagalur and more than half the members headed back home via the Belur-Hassan route. You guys missed awesome roads along Chikmagalur - Kadur - Tiptur - Tumkur (NH-206) route. Freshly laid, mind-blowing road quality with trees. Only 5 cars took this route. It was much better than Hassan-Belur stretch. We did a mini-photo shoot, pics of which will be coming shortly

We lost Asdon somewhere towards the end, and lost guyfrmblr near NICE entry point. Schoudhury, ssjr0498 and myself were the last 3 guys left on the return journey there. We met up for a short break after entering NICE road and then split up for the final time.

Special thanks to asdon for organizing the whole thing single handedly, and special thanks to royalcruiser who brought a BSNL connection along and ensured we reached the remotely located resort properly, leading the convoy and guiding us through the route throughout. Also, I would like to thank rk_sans for standing at every fork/junction and guiding cars on which exit to take. This helped avoid confusions for people who didn't know the route.

I am currently converting my snaps to viewable format. I'll post them along with my version of the travelogue shortly. I'll probably create my version of the travelogue on assembly line and publish the posts in 1 shot. Deadline for publishing - tonight!

@Schoudhury - official photographer - waiting for your snaps. Others who took snaps, please post them too. @royalcruiser - waiting for snaps taken during bird watching session.
@ bikers- amazing riding. I can still hear ku69rd's FZ1 sound ringing in my ears. Hope you all had a blast riding through the ghats

Last edited by KarthikK : 20th February 2012 at 07:47.
KarthikK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 08:25   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
We lost Asdon somewhere towards the end, and lost guyfrmblr near NICE entry point. Schoudhury, ssjr0498 and myself were the last 3 guys left on the return journey there. We met up for a short break after entering NICE road and then split up for the final time.
I did follow you guys till Tumkur toll plaza, but thanks to rk_sans, his little tips helped me vo ahead, I took the vip exit, where one person was issuing toll tickets, and it helped me avoiding the rush, and same at Neelamangla toll, and I went ahead. Guyfrmblr overtook me at Kanakpura junction of Nice road. Looking foward to the snaps you took specially at the water body in morning and on NH206 with our rides.

OT: an UN team will recently visit the water body to asses the public killing of those black swiming animals .

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th February 2012 at 11:03. Reason: fixing quote
asdon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 09:18   #9
BHPian

Some random clips from my side.
Attached Images

asdon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 09:28   #10
BHPian

Aaah! What an awesome experience. It was a rocking meet, thanks Asdon for organising it! Sitting up till 1am in the morning with a bunch of petrol/dieselheads cracking jokes!! A perfect weekend! Could not have asked for more.

Thanks to Nikhil.. the both of us experienced track like driving on the way to the venue.. That small section was simply superb, maintaining nothing less than 120-130kph and taking those curves on, bought a big big smile on our faces.

We should do more of NH-206.. what a beautiful road! Had a blast on that road.

All in all, got to meet some kickass people and had a rocking weekend. Got ample opportunities to stretch my "stock" vtec's legs ;-)

@Asdon: "breaking news" channel has already passed on the mms clip to wildlife activists!! Be ready for some action! lol! Indeed a some of them were "stoned"
Old 20th February 2012, 09:31   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Some random clips from my side.
Avijit ... please add the location details. I strongly suspect this to be from NH-206.
Old 20th February 2012, 09:35   #12
Senior - BHPian

Welcome back guys!
Now, give us a treat with all those pictures and stories.

And what's about those black swimming animals, UN and channel breaking news
Old 20th February 2012, 09:42   #13
BHPian

Some more....

Name:  ForumRunner_20120220_093458.png
Views: 2278
Size:  451.5 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120220_093647.png
Views: 2324
Size:  361.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120220_094107.png
Views: 2269
Size:  416.2 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Avijit ... please add the location details. I strongly suspect this to be from NH-206.
Yes, it is NH206, those who took hassan, I bet you guys missed the fresh laid tracks and super drving conditions both on SH and NH 206.
Attached Images

Last edited by mobike008 : 20th February 2012 at 12:47. Reason: Back to back posts. Please wait for 30 Mins before next post or use EDIT button to make changes to existing post.
Old 20th February 2012, 10:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

This was my first Team BHP meet and one word to describe the meet - AWESOME. Millions of thanks to Avijith (Asdon) for arranging the trip in a butter smooth manner. Very well organised. It was a pleasure to meet fellow BHPians. Met my classmate Karthikk after 8 years. Followed your immaculately maintained T-Jet for most of the trip. Very well driven buddy. The resort was excellent with many scenic spots. It was very relaxing and was not in a mood to return to the fast paced life in Bangalore. I particularly liked the curves after chikmagalur. Great driving experience.

As Karthik said, few of you missed the Chikmagalur - Kadur - Bangalore stretch. It was a pleasure driving along that well maintained stretch with trees dotting the road. It's exactly the same distance as belur - Hassan stretch. We had a small photoshoot near Arsikere. My line at nelamangala toll booth was very short and hence lost rest others there. Overtook Asdon near kanakapura road.

I'll post some pics late in the evening. Waiting for the pics of the official photographer - schoudary.

Once again I thank all of them for making this trip such a memorable one. My parents too had a very good time. They have conveyed the thanks to everyone.
Old 20th February 2012, 10:27   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Yes, it is NH206, those who took hassan, I bet you guys missed the fresh laid tracks and super drving conditions both on SH and NH 206.
Hey - thanks. Gives me an excuse to go back & do that section

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks