Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2014, 09:43   #136

Re: Feb 2014: Team-BHP Bangalore Overnight Meet

First of all, i would like to thank "RSUDARSANAN" for his excellent efforts of planning this meet.
This would be my first Meet and Drive with Team BHP and with a 4 wheeler. I have done rides earlier to this point, but was on my trusty Hero Honda Karizma (1st edition) and my group known as " OutRIDErZ ".
To make this meet more successful, i would request RSUDARSANAN to put up some safety rules and guidelines for others to follow. (ex. unnecessary overtaking).

As i am new to Bangalore and not much aware of the routes, would like to ask if anyone would be passing through Domlur/ Indiranagar/ Koramangala to reach the starting point.
Old 9th February 2014, 13:20   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypsoGT View Post
.. i would request RSUDARSANAN to put up some safety rules and guidelines for others to follow. (ex. unnecessary overtaking).
Ref my post # 110 in this thread

Post # 117 points 3 & 4

Quote:
As i am new to Bangalore and not much aware of the routes, would like to ask if anyone would be passing through Domlur/ Indiranagar/ Koramangala to reach the starting point.
Nikhil and I are meeting up in front of Shell bunk, Vittal Mallya Road, next to UB City, 4.50 am sharp and travelling together to starting point.

You're welcome to join if convenient to you.

Cheers

Last edited by RSUDARSANAN : 9th February 2014 at 13:28.
Old 9th February 2014, 22:32   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
First of all, i would like to thank "RSUDARSANAN" for his excellent efforts of planning this meet.
This would be my first Meet and Drive with Team BHP and with a 4 wheeler. I have done rides earlier to this point, but was on my trusty Hero Honda Karizma (1st edition) and my group known as " OutRIDErZ ".
To make this meet more successful, i would request RSUDARSANAN to put up some safety rules and guidelines for others to follow. (ex. unnecessary overtaking).

I will be starting from near the Sony Signal, Koramangala around 5am. PM me your number and we can co-ordinate the meet up.

@Sudarsanan : I will be taking the POLO GT Tsi (you can update the list ) considering the roads aren't that great especially around Virajpet.
Old 10th February 2014, 08:47   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
I will be starting from near the Sony Signal, Koramangala around 5am. PM me your number and we can co-ordinate the meet up.

@Sudarsanan : I will be taking the POLO GT Tsi (you can update the list ) considering the roads aren't that great especially around Virajpet.
Sorry, being a newbie i am not allowed to send PM. Kindly email me your no. on "himanshu@soulspace.co.in".

Meeting up at Sony Signal would be a great idea, two GT's starting off together

As mentioned earlier, i am not familiar with the routes. Would 1 hour be enough to reach the starting point?
Old 10th February 2014, 12:23   #140
BHPian

Feb 2014: Team-BHP Bangalore Overnight Meet

Quote:
Sorry, being a newbie i am not allowed to send PM. Kindly email me your no. on "himanshu@soulspace.co.in".

Meeting up at Sony Signal would be a great idea, two GT's starting off together

As mentioned earlier, i am not familiar with the routes. Would 1 hour be enough to reach the starting point?

Guess at that time in the morning, 1/2 an hour should be comfortable as there will be very less traffic
Old 10th February 2014, 23:40   #141
BHPian

Drive trivia: a sneak peek into the scheduled breaks -

15th:

Breakfast: @ Belakere, SH17
https://foursquare.com/v/kamat-upach...36ad52d/photos
https://foursquare.com/v/mcdonalds-f...dur-karnataka/

Comfort stop: @ Hunsur - Cafe County replaced Café Coorg, as updated
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/47408626

Lunch: @ Bittangala
http://www.ambattygreens.com/

Comfort stop: @ Iritty
www.m2hresidency.com/‎

Overnight: @ Kannur

http://kanakabeachhouse.com/
http://www.tripadvisor.in/Hotel_Revi...ur_Kerala.html

http://ayurvedaresort.co.in/

http://pranavbeachresort.in/index.php

16th:

Lunch: @ Thalassery - Biriyani
www.parispresidency.com/

Comfort stop: @ Manathawady
http://centurygrandwayanad.com/index.php

Tea: @ Mysore
www.lalithamahalpalace.in

Dinner: @ Lakshmipura, NH209
www.vaishnavipalace.com

Pssst: Past outcomes/reviews are broad indicators of what could be looked forward to; then again, expectations might not always be met .

Cheers.

Last edited by RSUDARSANAN : 10th February 2014 at 23:44.
Old 11th February 2014, 00:14   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post

Quote:
I live in Koramangala, so I'm will be starting from there. I can also meet up with you guys.
Old 11th February 2014, 09:26   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by VellVector View Post
I live in Koramangala, so I'm will be starting from there. I can also meet up with you guys.
That's great, the more the merrier, co ordinate with Robi and we can meet up at the same spot. Robi knows the route to take.You can PM him your no. and he will share the details.
Old 11th February 2014, 11:06   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

I have marked the route from EGL,Bangalore as CalypsoGT is starting from around that place. I have also tagged the meet up point in Koramangala (5am) where I will join for the drive. Looking forward to meeting all the bhpians.

http://goo.gl/maps/BqIxg
Old 11th February 2014, 12:16   #145
BHPian

Drive Expenses:

The charges collected, cover:

1. Accommodation, inclusive of breakfast, as per allotted resort room tariff + taxes

2. Lunch @ Ambatty Greens, Bittangala - 12 pm

3. Dinner @ Kanaka Beach House, Kannur - 8 pm

All other expenses, during the drive, is "Going Dutch"

Cheers

Last edited by RSUDARSANAN : 11th February 2014 at 12:23.
Old 11th February 2014, 12:26   #146

Oh My God, am I looking forward to this trip, or am I? Excited, I must say!!! Hi to all I know and to the rest that I will get to know.
Sudarsanan Sir: Kudos to all your effort and Thank You for the same.
regards,

Ratan (rats)
Old 11th February 2014, 16:06   #147
BHPian

Dont forget to pressure wash after beach drive.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-now-what.html
Old 12th February 2014, 13:08   #148
BHPian

Folks: Given our large contingent, some "heavy duty" convoy driving teamwork is called for.
Especially entering and exiting Kannur and transiting towns enroute
In elaboration of item b of post # 110, posting guidelines for due adherence,

1) General Items
Arrive at the starting point in plenty of time for the briefing on the route and destination of the trip. Please be ready to depart on time with a full fuel tank.
If you are going to leave the group before the end of the trip, please tell the Lead Car, Sweeper, and others. This is so that the group does not either, wait for you to catch up, or follow you.

2) Headlights On
During daytime: On your "small" lights and your fog lights.
During nighttime: On your headlights and your fog lights (yellow cellophane will be cellotaped @ Mysore on foglights for the night drive).

Your lights on enable you to see your fellow members and know who is with you. If someone pulls off the road in trouble they are easier to identify in the rear view mirror.
Best of all it really looks cool.

3) Don't follow too close
When in convoy keeping good distance is a must for safety as well courtesy to the car you are following. Our cars are special and worth a lot of
money so lets not risk them. If we are traveling slowly, i.e. less than 40km/h, bumper to bumper is not an issue BUT do not tailgate the car in front at high speed.
Your braking reaction time plus your braking distance increases. Keep a safe distance !

4) Allow other traffic to intermingle
Instinctively, people in a convoy don't want to allow other cars to merge into the line. You must allow other drivers to move in and out of your convoy.
Other drivers usually are intimidated or in awe of the spectacle and need to be given extra consideration. Be patient in letting them find their place and pass them
if necessary when they settle in a bad spot. We want other drivers to say, "Wow that was neat". Let's be a friendly convoy.

5) Lead car shall keep speed reasonable
Lead car speed shall set the speed in keeping with the flow of other traffic. It is each individual driver's responsibility to keep the vehicle behind him or her in sight,
insuring the group stays together. If the car behind slows down, please slow down with it. If each car does this convoy will stay together.
Do not go faster than you feel comfortable driving

6) In case of difficulties or problems
If a car gets in trouble, nobody in the convoy stops EXCEPT the SWEEPER, for that sector, who will assess and update Lead car for remedial action.
The convoy must proceed on, until a safe suitable stopping place is found.
A whole line of cars along a busy road translates to a higher chance of accidents waiting to happen.

If the car in trouble is immobiized then Rsudarsanan-PraveenBalan or Jayanth-Karthik combine will stay back with that car to organize required assistance.
Convoy to proceed as per itinerary.

7)Negotiating junctions/intersections
In busy towns the convoy closes up to reduce the length, (with due regard to braking and safety) to enable more cars to get through junctions/intersections etc. and so minimise break ups.
After crossing/taking a turn ensure the vehicle behind you has made it. If it gets stuck at the junction, immediately pull up and park at the nearest safe place till it catches up with you.

8) Take it easy
Sometimes not everything goes as planned. It is important to stay focused on the drive at hand and relax in the event things go awry, people/vehicles get lost, or traffic snarls upset the schedule.

9) On the highway: We all want a smooth convoy. Staying in the correct lane is always priority, but we must let the other traffic which is faster than us to overtake.

10) Overtaking
Overtake only when safe to do so. DO NOT overtake on bends or at any place where the way ahead is not clear. If a member of the group or public wants to overtake you, please let them.
Don't close up the gap to the car in front of you and force the overtaking car into a dangerous manoeuvre.

The main objective is that we all enjoy the drive and the above protocol strives to ensure we are all on the same page.
If we do get separated / lost, its not the end of the world as we all have mobiles to rejoin us up at a mutually convenient location!

We are all in it together for the fun of the drive !

Looking forward to a successful "snaking" drive .

Cheers

Acknowledgement: Sourced from http://norrians.tripod.com/convoy_ru..._etiquette.htm
Old 12th February 2014, 15:18   #149
Team-BHP Support

At least a couple of us Mods will be joining you all for breakfast
Old 12th February 2014, 16:32   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, what a neat planning, sir!

RS Sir, this is one of a kind planning I have ever seen on any of the road trips that involved more than 2-3 cars! Glad, I made the right decision to put everything aside and join for this overnighter!

Only less than 72 hours to go, I am sure everyone is excited like me
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks