Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2004, 14:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Stop arguing fellas this is a meet thread not an argue thread LOL

Dippy
Old 6th November 2004, 17:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

fellas

these are pics after the drag was over due to a ruour of the cops in a jeep when it was actually a IAAI jeep ..lol

there were drifter , his friend, power freak, rjkulkarn,i f-50, aalap and we also managed to meet up with the skoda RS guy ypdeg(he isnt in any pic)

the drags were not as exciting as last time , as there were less number of cars. the star of the show was undoubtedly a 1.3 Ltr esteem engined ZEN....that smoked everything else running there except a celica..and yes a stock esteem was the other surprise running the modded ikons, zens , city very very close indeed....a couple of bikes ..honda cbr and the ninja...were seen too but dint drag. a turbo honda was running well but burnt out his clutch on the 2 nd run and the lancer that had a small shot of NOS was out gunned by the zen !

i have a couple of pics ....coming up..
Old 6th November 2004, 17:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

The lancer v/s the zen at the start

the Honda CBR

The Ninja

the turbo honda city

and yeah...half way thru the street lites were shut down ...so it was dark and fun !

cheers
Old 6th November 2004, 18:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Coool pics NC
whos the guy in the extreme left?

Dippy
Old 6th November 2004, 18:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

hey nice job with the pics there n_c,

rj looks amused? confused? hehehe,

neways i'l add a little more to the report on yesterdays drag at kharghar.

I, powerfreak, n_c, rj, rusted pistons, aalaap n f50 attended the drags.

i picked up rj at chembur n rusted pistons at vashi where he had been waiting a good half n hr thanx to traffic at sion n chembur. we then headed onto kharghar to meet powerfreak n the gang via palm beach where n_c joined us in his ikon near seawoods.

Aalaap n f50 were making their way towards the venue in the zen...not knowing the way they followed a group of bikers coming for the drag...hehe.

We met at hirnandani had some juice and were off to see the cars n bikes at the drag...f50 n aalaap wud join us later.

The drag as n_c pointed out was not all that good as there were less cars, but it was fun nevertheless.

It was dominated by a esteem engined zen driven by a guy by the name of timmy, it licked almost all the cars at the event, there were two Octavia RS cars, one driven by a tbhp member ypdeg or so i was told.

There was also a stock esteem which was doing pretty well for itself, and a lancer with neons n low pro tyres - looked good but got licked most of the times. And we had the usual ikons, accents (which i think i cud have licked with my crdi) and then there were the unusuals santro aka rickshaw and a couple of gypsys.

The black zen with white alloys n green neons was also performing well n sounded amazing...there was another blue stock zen - poor guy his transmssion broke at the start of his run....that was the only casualty for the nite. There was also a red celica and a red civic with an awesome music system.

The bikes were there too as u can see from the photos but they didnt drag, all they did were a few burnouts.

Powerfreak was busy shooting with his camcorder, the videos are bound to be good as rusted pistons cud not get his hands on the camera, otherwise we wud have watched the drag with 100% zoom 100% of the time hehehe. Powerfreak remember the last time he had the camera at palm beach??? hehehe.

Somtime into the drags, the street lites went out and thats when the full effect of the neons came into play...looked really cool.

The best part of the evening however was when somebody shouted out COPS COPS COPS, and the crowd went wild, running in all possible directions to keep from getting caught...
man can powerfreak run...runs like the wind * *, had a hard time keeping up with him. While we ran towards our cars...aalaap n f50 had their own theories abt getting away from cops...they ran away from the cars n tried hiding in the bushes hehehe. Thats ok guys i was driving in reverse full speed for quite some time to get away from the cops as well.

N that sumo which people thought was a cop, was just an airports authority of india vehicle...poor guy was probably out for a drive and had the @&*# scared out of him when he saw the crowd running here n there...thinking it was some mob of some sort he drove off onto the dark road near the drag strip to get away from the people who running scared of him.

While all the cars n bikes made a run for it...we stopped n parked innocently at hirnandani as if we didnt know what a drag was. We stood there n chatted for a while, we left arnd 145am, i was as usual running on an empty tank so was frantically looking for an open petrol pump which i found only at vashi, rj n n_c left in the ikon, i n rusted pistons left in my car, aalaap n f50 left in the zen, we had a small race of our own uptill vashi...dont know who won...hehe. I went on home going thru airoli to drop off rusted pistons n reached home at about 3am...n wht a sleep i had after that.

Thats abt it with the report, hope to attend more of these drags in the future.

Drifter

Old 6th November 2004, 18:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Dippy @ Nov. 06 2004,15:37)]whos the guy in the extreme left?

Dippy
Thats one of our newest members dippy,
rusted pistons.

Drifter
Old 6th November 2004, 19:46   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]a red civic with an awesome music system
yeah 4 amps !! 8 speakers if i remeber rite ..rj can throw better light on his system...he spoke to this guy at lenght but when u sat inside ...WHAM !!! the music hit u like a tornado.......was awesome but not my kinda stuff.

cheers
Old 6th November 2004, 20:17   #23
RJK
Senior - BHPian

yup 4amps..that too 944's! & 6 X 9 speakers..the bass was just too much. He had done porting & polishing job he said & also a free flow. He was planning to do a turbo from KS.
Old 7th November 2004, 00:29   #24

zen vs lancer

ikon vs ikon
Old 7th November 2004, 00:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

cool pics there ypdeg...

post some pics of ur RS man.

Drifter
Old 7th November 2004, 01:18   #26
bhp
BHPian

hey i was there 2 for the drag but couldnt catch up with u guys bcoz i didnt know anyone ! thats me racing in my golden colored ikon
Old 7th November 2004, 01:25   #27
bhp
BHPian

did any of u guys race ur car ??
Old 7th November 2004, 02:49   #28
Senior - BHPian

Look at that Zen take off !!!
Old 7th November 2004, 04:18   #29
Senior - BHPian

hehe powerfreak n i were thinking of getting the crdi to drag with the viva n the other accent...it wud have licked them easy.

Drifter
Old 8th November 2004, 12:07   #30
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Dudes!! You guys seem to have had a blast. Missed it this time, but surely going to be there next.

Good report Drifter. Had me in splits all the way

GTO
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks