Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2013, 09:15   #4516
Senior - BHPian

Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Nice pictures, I am sure you guys had a gala time. Next time for sure no misses Waiting for some group photographs.
Old 8th April 2013, 09:22   #4517
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Hey KarthikK, nice pictures there. Couple of corrections - first picture is mine (may be you meant me). And the picture you have mentioned as of aajohn is infact Nikhil (PC77's friend).
Extremely sorry for the slip-up. I mistook your handle Viju for Vinu_h (another BHPian who attends Bangalore meets), and Nikhil for aajohn. I will report my post to the mods and get it corrected.

EDIT : reported corrections should be in place soon.

Last edited by KarthikK : 8th April 2013 at 09:24.
Old 8th April 2013, 09:49   #4518
BHPian

Thanks Karthik for the starter snaps, it was indeed real fun riding the ATV and I got addicted to it after the 1st lap, looking forward to another one soon. It was really nice to meet so many BHPians after a long time and almost 20+ cars for a quick meet is a big thing. Every thing was in place from breakfast till lunch... lokking forward to see the snaps from all camera gurus. I lost most of you on Mysore road as I was speeding little bit and waited for Vidyanand at NICE road entry so that he does not miss it, was at home by 3:40pm. I will upload few snaps from my end by EOD today..
Old 8th April 2013, 10:26   #4519
Senior - BHPian

Apologies i couldn't make it to the meet. Looks like you guys had a blast with the karts and the ATV's.

Any more pics from the meet?
Old 8th April 2013, 10:46   #4520
Distinguished - BHPian

Firstly, a big thumbs up to KarthiK for organizing the meet. Its was a successful one as usual.

Will post the pics from my side today evening.

3 Cheers to KarthiK!
Old 8th April 2013, 10:54   #4521
BHPian

These meets are getting better by the month! My second meet already and this time had brought wifey and our baby along to join in the fun! Unfortunately reached late for breakfast and could not attend lunch since my daughter was crying non-stop once we left Speedway! Clicked loads of pics (400+ to be precise ). Will upload when I get the chance (sometime today for sure). More in my next post!
Old 8th April 2013, 11:28   #4522
Senior - BHPian

Hi Alstonlobo, do appreciate your (more your wifey's!) spirit in bringing along the little one! She is really tough to have withstood that heat (and turned all red!) without much complaints. I know this, since my little girl is now 16 months old.

Have told my wife. If the next meet is also open to families, I am pretty sure my ladies would also be there! Looking forward to your pictures.
Old 8th April 2013, 11:43   #4523
BHPian

First of all, Thanks to all the organisers for their effort in making a really funfilled and exciting meet. This was my first Team-BHP meet and I loved it. It was great to meet the team members in person (until now it was just the pics of your rides).
Thanks to asdon for waiting for me even though you were far ahead of me in the Mysore road traffic.
Old 8th April 2013, 12:09   #4524
Senior - BHPian

Guys, a major bummer !! My system crashed while copying yesterday's photos and I lost everything!!

I am really sorry, had taken some good snaps of the "Thatte-idli" meet, but have lost all along with some others I had !!
Old 8th April 2013, 12:38   #4525
BHPian

Hey, that was a great meet. Big shout out too all the organizers, especially Karthik.
Karthik: Since I do not have the permissions to use PM feature, I'd appreciate if you can drop me a mail to the contact mentioned on my profile page. There was a small mess up from my side, had to leave a little early.My apologies.

More than the karts, I enjoyed watching the gypsy being off-roaded. Wow, I still remember the climax part of the lap. A couple of bhpians who were on board on the gypsy knows what am talking about. Wish there were more half tickets accompanying the revv heads!Looking forward to more meets, am sure we can plan one during May, considering the summer vacations our juniors would have.
Old 8th April 2013, 12:57   #4526
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Seeing the amount of mud I brought into the house, wifey pretty much understood what I had been upto. I wish at least one more biker had joined in. After a while, was feeling a bit lonely (?) on the bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Last time we had around 10. Either the heat is getting the better of our biker boys, or you just got plain unlucky.

Even Karthik had plans of coming in bike, but he just had to show off his new gloss black alloys.
Hehe yeah, the gloss black alloys were not even a day old, so they had to be shown off. Ironically, we didn't have a vehicle photo session at all. Either everyone forgot about it, or people were just too hungry after go-karting to think of anything else .

Actually the reason I didn't get the Thunderbird yesterday was because of the cursed Royal Enfield service centre. I had given my bike for service on Friday morning (in preparation for this Sunday meet), but they failed to keep up the return date and time. I ended up picking up the bike only today morning, thanks to their lethargic approach in fixing the niggles and minor issues I had reported. Idiots really!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
No photos yet!!!

Returned home right now and was expecting some photos.
Not finding anything means I can expect some amazing post processed photos
Yeah. I'm wondering if they are doing some 'fair and lovely' type photoshop work to enhance their looks in the photos . Looks like I am still the only guy who has posted photos as of now. What are you others doing folks??

Quote:
KarthikK's sms tempted me but it was really hard to squeeze in another program along with other things.
As I was saying in the sms, I was planning to take both Abarth Puntos onto the karting track for a small photoshoot. The 2 Abarths (white+red and red+black) with the tyre walls and chicanes on the racetrack would have looked electrifying - perfect racetrack-ish photo background for the race-bred Abarth brand, hehe.

We'll do it some other time when you are free, anyway this place is not very far off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Guys, a major bummer !! My system crashed while copying yesterday's photos and I lost everything!!

I am really sorry, had taken some good snaps of the "Thatte-idli" meet, but have lost all along with some others I had !!
What happened to the photos on the camera's memory card? Don't tell me you did a cut-paste from the camera card onto your computer *lol*.

Last edited by KarthikK : 8th April 2013 at 13:00.
Old 8th April 2013, 13:33   #4527
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Alstonlobo, do appreciate your (more your wifey's!) spirit in bringing along the little one! She is really tough to have withstood that heat (and turned all red!) without much complaints. I know this, since my little girl is now 16 months old.

Have told my wife. If the next meet is also open to families, I am pretty sure my ladies would also be there! Looking forward to your pictures.
Thanks Viju,

Pics will up later today! There are exclusive pics of you in action on the ATV! Watch this space!

Cheers,
Alston
Old 8th April 2013, 14:41   #4528
BHPian

apart from karting and dirting, there were few interesting discussions during the meet, one of which was at lunch... it was off topic but very interesting.. BTW it was related to income tax/ car lease/ and HR policies
Old 8th April 2013, 15:06   #4529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikoner_03 View Post
More than the karts, I enjoyed watching the gypsy being off-roaded. Wow, I still remember the climax part of the lap.
+1

Mustysekhon was in full flow in his Gypsy. Even the Speedway staff was like

Overall it was well organised. Thanks to all the people who attended with friends & family members. Special thanks to Karthik, Waseem & Jayanth to making this meet possible.

Next meet with Paintball??
Old 8th April 2013, 15:08   #4530
Senior - BHPian

It was a good meet .I still felt inside I should have got Duke . The karts were slow compared to blore standards . Was a fun meeting so much people together .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks