Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2013, 23:17   #4546
Team-BHP Support

Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Remaining pictures from my camera (all taken by Aviorp) :

Viju spent all his time yesterday at the ATV track. He did the maximum number of ATV laps I think - 12 or something!!
Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0481.jpg

Denver85 joins in
Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0484.jpg

That's me with the funny skeleton suit
Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0491.jpg

Our regular steeds bask in the sunlight while we check out other types of wheels
Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0492.jpg

Other karting pictures :
Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0500.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0504.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0516.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0524.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0544.jpg

When you wear a BMW M-series T-shirt, the kart is boosted instantly by an extra 5 bhp of power *lol*
Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0549.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0555.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0563.jpg

Sidhu in deep thought, wondering what kind of detailing treatments can be done on karts
Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0576.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0583.jpg

Briefing session before a race
Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0618.jpg

Meanwhile, Viju and Nikhil were still busy with their ATV rides. Did Viju ever come out of that place??
Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0619.jpg

See what I mean? He was there the whole day
Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0625.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0629.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0632.jpg

Race pictures
Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0633.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0635.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0636.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0637.jpg

Nice shot of me, thanks Aviorp! This one is for keeps!
Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0648.jpg

Mashmash trying his hand at drifting
Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0669.jpg

Ikoner03 on his 'hot lap'
Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0684.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I'm you have some photos of your hooter that with such a background would make me repent further about not attending the meet?
No man. I didn't have the heart to do that. The picture would come out best with both the White AND Red Abarths on the track. Add this onto the backlog of photoshoots sir ji. We will do it some other time.

Quote:
Mods: I feel that this meet needs a separate thread. please do the needful if you feel its justified
+1 to this. Too many pictures already. They demand a separate thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
They've already put it on the Facebook page
You can get down to uploading your camera's shots. Where are they?? Its been 36 hours already

Last edited by KarthikK : 8th April 2013 at 23:23.
Old 8th April 2013, 23:34   #4547
Team-BHP Support

Those are some awesome snaps Alston! Mindblowing stuff, especially the panned shots! Kudos!

The final leg of my photo set :

Alstonlobo and his better half decided to settle their differences on the racetrack, with a vengeance. We others had great fun watching this duel, and for good reason *rofl*

Alston had a clear advantage over his wife to begin with
Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0668.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0672.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0673.jpg

But she was closing in on him... quickly!
Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0674.jpg

Alston overconfidently slowed down thinking he could still beat her accelerating out of the corner, and let her pass around the outside
Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0671.jpg

He tried to take the inside line to go past her in the corner
Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0679.jpg

But she adamantly shut the doors on him, like Michael Schumacher!
Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0680.jpg

It was too late for Alston to recover from a spin into the gravel
Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0681.jpg

And all her could do was plead for help!
Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0682.jpg

To rub some salt into the wound, Alston's wife lapped him once before he could get back on to the track *rofl*.

Last edited by KarthikK : 8th April 2013 at 23:41.
Old 8th April 2013, 23:47   #4548
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
No man. I didn't have the heart to do that. The picture would come out best with both the White AND Red Abarths on the track. Add this onto the backlog of photoshoots sir ji. We will do it some other time.
Yes too many backlogs to clear. Lets decide on a location.

Quote:
Alston had a clear advantage over his wife to begin with
But she was closing in on him... quickly!
Alston overconfidently slowed down thinking he could still beat her accelerating out of the corner, and let her pass around the outside
He tried to take the inside line to go past her in the corner
But she adamantly shut the doors on him, like Michael Schumacher!
It was too late for Alston to recover from a spin into the gravel
To rub some salt into the wound, Alston's wife lapped him once before he could get back on to the track *rofl*.
Ah! The good old hare and tortoise story with a modern twist. The bollywood 'remake' bug seems to have caught up with you
Old 9th April 2013, 00:13   #4549
BHPian

Shoot! This is what happens when you miss a meet. What a miss. And this is the kind of meet that truly meets the spirit of the forum. A big big big miss for me. I was under the impression that this meet is planned for Saturday, and turned it down at first look as I had my brother visit me over the weekend for a dental appointment here in Rajajinagar.

And now I see this. ! That I 'could' have made it had I known it was Sunday.

Excellent pictures there, y'all!

- Kathikk, you should take a look at event management! Way to go.
- Mr & Mrs Lobo: You people deserve the award of the meet. The 'christening' comment really fit the bill indeed. I can almost guess the outcome when 2 tbhpians come together. rofl.
- Mustyshekon, you're definitely the one to watch out for, every trip. I remember the last time we all met, you headed out for an offroading adventure and I was awestruck seeing the way you just slid off the incline.

All in all - a trip that lives up to the spirit of this forum - TEAM BHP.
Old 9th April 2013, 02:22   #4550
BHPian

KarthikK - [quote="KarthikK;3088480"] Offroading guru Mustysekhon tries his hand at a different kind of off-roading/QUOTE]

Thanks KarthikK for the photo opportunity! Really appreciate the effort you put in making the meet enjoyable for all! Thunderbird should be back to full performance next time and look forward to the Punto photoshoot - maybe revisit Speedways in cooler days?

Viju -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
I wish at least one more biker had joined in. After a while, was feeling a bit lonely (?) on the bike.
I can understand the loneliness, I was partially in the same boat. No air conditioning, but just the feel of the road compensated.

Ikoner_03 -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikoner_03 View Post
More than the karts, I enjoyed watching the gypsy being off-roaded. Wow, I still remember the climax part of the lap. A couple of bhpians who were on board on the gypsy knows what am talking about.
Thanks ikoner_03, it was a good photo op but a car would have done far better as the track was not really Offroad type - A car would have done it much faster. Remember the frequent Multi point turns, reverse at tight corners, it would have been easier in a car with power steering.

Lavish_n -
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavish_n View Post
+1 Mustysekhon was in full flow in his Gypsy. Even the Speedway staff was like
Thanks Lavish_n - I actually eased off when I saw 2 of them too close to the track (I think there is a photo uploaded with 3 marshals in yellow tees, Mr Srinivas in maroon and the remaining 5th Marshal at that stretch in a lighter colour shirt - this was at the final straight leg with 2 dips. It was when I got closer that I could identify them as Marshals - that's when I hit the gas for the final straight run.

Denver85 -
Quote:
Originally Posted by denver85 View Post
The most fun part was sitting the open/rear part of Mustysekhon’s gypsy and doing a fast lap on this track Great experience !!!! Eye-Catcher. Had a nice and scary off-roading in the ATV track of Speedway later in this beauty !!
Thanks Denver85 - Maybe front seat some other time and protective gear and if the turns are not as bad that we need to reverse so many times. It was a good drive back and thanks to you and mashmash for going slow so I could keep you in sight and not get lost.

Alstonlobo -
Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Mustysekhon - The calm before the storm! The attendees would know what I mean! :
Quote:
The moment we have all waited for. The main highlight of the meet! Mustysekhon's show stopping Gypsy!
Quote:
The Gypsy in action! What a ride eh?
Hats off to the sporting couple and I can understand how the drive back would have been - Good decision, it was way too hot and health comes first. Nice pics and a well earned kudos for all the nice pics!

MempheS.D-
Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
- Mustysekhon, you're definitely the one to watch out for, every trip. I remember the last time we all met, you headed out for an offroading adventure and I was awestruck seeing the way you just slid off the incline.
Hope everyone enjoyed the lap - It was about 30% of power max, the track was for an ATV and not for a Gypsy. Other than all the cameras even the Speedways Marshals were too close to the track for comfort. And since people were moving around it was hard for me to keep track of potential red areas so had to slow down and ease off the gas. I think with rear passengers, no helmets and so much movement on the track there were a few things I consciously avoided - drifting and speed being the main ones that were missed out.

KarthikK, Diesel_convert and Silverwood - thanks for all your efforts in making the meet memorable with excellent planning and execution. Hopefully the pictures and posts will motivate bigger numbers (and more volunteers to arrange). Hats off and three cheers for all of you!

Special thanks to Mr Srinivas and the entire team at Speedways who handled the group extremely well and had us wrapped up in time.

Look forward to the next meet!
Old 9th April 2013, 08:39   #4551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Viju spent all his time yesterday at the ATV track. He did the maximum number of ATV laps I think - 12 or something!!

Meanwhile, Viju and Nikhil were still busy with their ATV rides. Did Viju ever come out of that place??

See what I mean? He was there the whole day
KarthikK, Stop spreading rumours man!! I did barely 9 laps on the ATV and it was like 2 - 3 minutes per lap I think.

If you remember, I did come over to the Go Karting side also in the end.

All you guys (especially Alstonlobo), thanks for the pics! Makes one relive the whole experience. Looking forward to the next one.

Mustysekhon, I totally agree. When I was riding alongside you, I could see you enjoying the wind in your face. I think an open-top is the closest you can get to a motorcycle on 4 wheels. Sweet Gypsy you have! Took one to the Desert Storm 2011 (Extreme T2) and what a blast it was!

Last edited by Viju : 9th April 2013 at 08:40.
Old 9th April 2013, 10:50   #4552
Senior - BHPian

It was great meeting all of you.I did regret not bringing my GPW to the venue, i will do that next time without fail.

A big shout to Karthik for organizing this event.Thanks to Diesel Convert aka Jayant for the wonderful B'fast and for also helping me with the contact no's of Taj Biryani Paradise.

Thanks to our official photographer of this event for uploading some amazing snaps.

BTW:Where is the next meet.?

Waseem.
Old 9th April 2013, 11:00   #4553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai_ace View Post

Special thanks to astonlobo for so many pics mate! thanks for some really nice fb cover/profile pic grade pics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I definitely expected those panning shots from alstonlobo
Very nice pictures buddy
Quote:
Those are some awesome snaps Alston! Mindblowing stuff, especially the panned shots! Kudos!

The final leg of my photo set :

Alstonlobo and his better half decided to settle their differences on the racetrack, with a vengeance. We others had great fun watching this duel, and for good reason *rofl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
- Mr & Mrs Lobo: You people deserve the award of the meet. The 'christening' comment really fit the bill indeed. I can almost guess the outcome when 2 tbhpians come together. rofl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustysekhon View Post
Alstonlobo -

Hats off to the sporting couple and I can understand how the drive back would have been - Good decision, it was way too hot and health comes first. Nice pics and a well earned kudos for all the nice pics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
All you guys (especially Alstonlobo), thanks for the pics! Makes one relive the whole experience. Looking forward to the next one.

sai, hemanth, karthik, memphes, mustysekhon, viju - Thank you all for the appreciation! In all honesty, I'm learning the ropes when it comes to photography. I'm one of those monkeys with an SLR who thinks he's a photographer! The go-karting event was a good chance for me to try my hand for the first time at panning shots!

KarthikK - Love the way you've unfolded the event of my duel with my better half! You are not only the resident Karthikeyan but now the resident Spieldberg! (Now don't get wings, horns or whatever!) *lol*
P.S: I let her win just like Vin Diesel did to Paul Walker in Fast Five during the stolen police car race

mempheS.D - Thank you! Don't miss out on the next meet though!

mustysekhon - My daughter was all smiles in Speedway and the moment we left is when she went bersek! I guess she wanted to go back to Speedway! However we reached home safe and managed to catch up on some rest. We are all well, thanks! On another note, you are the king of offroading in the Bangalore tbhp circuit! Hope to see you repeat history again!
Old 9th April 2013, 11:25   #4554
BHPian

Wow, lot many great photos
The count goes like this:
Page 301 - 32 photos
Page 302 - 0 photos
Page 303 - 222 photos
Page 304 - 35 photos
Total 289 Photos. Lot are still pending from H4WK !!!
Warning: Don't try opening the Page#304 if you are using a low speed internet connection !!!

Last edited by denver85 : 9th April 2013 at 11:39. Reason: Corrected the page number.
Old 9th April 2013, 11:37   #4555
BHPian

Quote:
Page 304 - 222 photos
I think you meant 303
Old 9th April 2013, 11:41   #4556
BHPian

Quote:
I think you meant 303
Corrected that
Done the manual count of the photos and it seems got messed up with the numbers
Old 9th April 2013, 11:57   #4557
BHPian

Quote:
Corrected that
Done the manual count of the photos and it seems got messed up with the numbers

Manual count??? You got some free time I guess!
Old 9th April 2013, 12:17   #4558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can get down to uploading your camera's shots. Where are they?? Its been 36 hours already
dude, been really busy since i've been handed this new project; been working late hours at office. i was working even during the meet (of which Alston has taken pictures and termed as me hacking BTP), since i didn't want to cancel my participation and miss the opportunity to meet such wonderful and like minded people. even before i got home, i had to take another call from the car.

don't have many pictures; gimme some time and i'll put up what i have.

btw, i loved your narration of the race between Mrs. and Mr. Lobo!

@Alston: lovely pictures dude!
Old 9th April 2013, 12:30   #4559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
@Alston: lovely pictures dude!
Thanks mate! Eagerly waiting for your set! We all wanna get a H4WK's eye view of the event!
Old 9th April 2013, 14:58   #4560
Senior - BHPian

ok, here goes.

Anoop (mustysekhon) starting his run. mind you, this was only time he was slow. once the headlights came on, there was mayhem!

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2196.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2197.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2198.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2199.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2200.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2201.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2202.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2203.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2204.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2205.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2206.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2207.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2208.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2209.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2210.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2211.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2212.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2213.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2214.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2215.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2216.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2217.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2218.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2219.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2220.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2221.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2222.jpg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-_mg_2223.jpg

Anoop and Shobit walking back with a grin on their face after a successful run, but the guys who sat at the back still shaken from the experience!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 9th April 2013 at 15:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks