Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2007, 23:39   #211
Senior - BHPian

holy mama! the video from EZen is amazing....mind blowing...i kept on swaying in the chair as if i was in the car. phew! i need a f@g now. i am yet to download tadu's video.

tomorrow my boss @work will kill me for sure.
Old 24th April 2007, 23:44   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
The solution to this is even simpler .. Hitch a ride with us ..
tr00f. i will do just that next time. But it may be kidna interesting to huff and puff the activa up that hill.
Old 25th April 2007, 01:10   #213
BHPian

Skoda RS!

A different one, an Elantra "huffing and puffing" behind a 300bhp RS.

. Will upload and give links for the slightly better version tomorrow.

The RS was driven by Mathew, Peter's Man Friday for the performance business. He also did some "minor wiring" on mine some time back.

And it was Jomz'z first time with a handy cam, excuse the slightly shaky pictures.
Old 25th April 2007, 01:20   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
A different one, an Elantra "huffing and puffing" behind a 300bhp RS.

YouTube - Driving with an RS. Will upload and give links for the slightly better version tomorrow.

The RS was driven by Mathew, Peter's Man Friday for the performance business. He also did some "minor wiring" on mine some time back.

And it was Jomz'z first time with a handy cam, excuse the slightly shaky pictures.
god u guys are insane . that RS is flying though....i wonder how much torque steer he is getting with the 300hp going through the front wheels? does he also have an LSD on the car?
Old 25th April 2007, 04:38   #215
Senior - BHPian

No LSD. Quaife ATB is on the way. 300bhp in the wet, just be happy it wasn't freakin RWD. We would have been sweeping pieces of him off Nandi Hills.

Samurai, 9 mins is possible. When you are younger Just kidding! Downhill on a bicycle is a wonderful experience, and 9 mins doesn't seem farfetched.

Yes, we need to do this more often. But seeing as we are always at The Grand Ashok or CoffeefreakinDay, it's a little hard.
Old 25th April 2007, 05:30   #216
Senior - BHPian

Ok, just mapped the route on Google Earth. Works out to around 7 km, which means we averaged around 60 kmph. If someone did 4 min 30 seconds, the average is over 90 kmph! And I remember taking some of the sharpest turns in first gear, so my minimum would have been around 30 kmph.

This is the route. Hand-mapped with that path tool, so don't get on me!

And the thumbnail, for anyone that wants the full-size version.

Old 25th April 2007, 05:44   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
No LSD. Quaife ATB is on the way. 300bhp in the wet, just be happy it wasn't freakin RWD. We would have been sweeping pieces of him off Nandi Hills.

Samurai, 9 mins is possible. When you are younger Just kidding! Downhill on a bicycle is a wonderful experience, and 9 mins doesn't seem farfetched.

Yes, we need to do this more often. But seeing as we are always at The Grand Ashok or CoffeefreakinDay, it's a little hard.
yeah im glad it wasnt RWD. The RS is awsome though...seriously looking at picking one up this year if the Laura RS is too expensive. hey v1p3r i will definetly be at the next bangy meet
Old 25th April 2007, 05:59   #218
Senior - BHPian

OT: Go to Mumbai, buy used for 7 lakhs, and spend the rest to blow it up. Save some for fuel!
Old 25th April 2007, 08:08   #219
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Ok, just mapped the route on Google Earth. Works out to around 7 km
The deviation at the highway reads 22kms to nandibetta .. Spoke to scan yesterday who says that from the shops to the final corner before the arch its 8kms .. I guess they will be heading there next week .. Probably will be joining them ..

And those who want to see the nature of the roads , kindly zoom in on the destination show by akshay on google earth .. Its quite clearly visible ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 25th April 2007 at 08:09.
Old 25th April 2007, 08:59   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Was this all that made Jomz sick ??

KP
The Thing which made me sick was tadu's 1st video and him doing 120 on the ghats....
Old 25th April 2007, 10:02   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post

As for the claim of 4:30, that amounts to an average of 93 kmph (over 7 kms) and maybe a top speed of 140 kmph. Phew! Pretty extreme for this stretch, I must say.
the claim of 4.30 is only for 3 cars which are Wolf's vtec, Psycho's tc esteem and the vitara in 4wd(high)mode,by the way i really don't remember using the 1st gear on the vitara, by the way the vitara runs a H27A i.e. a 2.7l V6(petrol), so for every one who says it will not do such a run, you have got it wrong..... and yes there was 2 or 3 points in the climb when i remember speedo in the vitara showed over a 100, by the way on the clind we just encountered a trax driving up and he let all 3 cars though the moment he saw them in his rview, and after seeing taddu's video what i observed is he has encountered 3 bikes riding down hill, 2-3 bikes going uphill, i can see him slowing for a car driving at him in the opp direction and there seems to be a cut in the video at 4.27mins..... and there is one point at the hair pins where he has run a little wide and slows to correct it so all this put together is added time..
Old 25th April 2007, 10:03   #222
BHPian

Quote:
OT: Go to Mumbai, buy used for 7 lakhs, and spend the rest to blow it up. Save some for fuel!
i would but mumbai is too far, wanna stay local. Any discounts on new RS's?
Old 25th April 2007, 11:39   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
There are some discrepancies here. If the time taken was 4:30 mins over a distance of 9-10 kms, that indicates an *average* speed of over 120 kmph, so top speed would probably have to be 160-180 -- not likely for that stretch. If speeds varied from 30-100 kmph, then avg. speed could have been 70 kmph or so (given that there were not too many sharp turns), so 4:30 mins means a distance of ~5.25 kms. But Tadukuttan's (first) video ran for 5:45 mins, which does not tally with the claimed 4:30 mins -- is the video not in real time? I didn't see the full video, as my network is very slow right now.
Bang on Rks!! The claims of the fellow members are tooooo unreallistic the Balenos and Zen did 120-130 at some stretches and everyone was driving quite hard-which they claim they did not.

However to my reasoning 4mins30 is an insane timing on the climb!! May be the guys started the StopWatch from Half Way LOL!!-Just kidding. Of the 7Min Climb we can probably think of improving just over 1Min-1.30 time with good tyres and good driver behind the wheel. may be 5.00-6.00 is a reasonable time we can give, Moreover GUYS were also worried about the Vehicles coming downhill-4.30???Gimme a Break mann!!If its really true i want to sit in that car man seriously
Old 25th April 2007, 12:20   #224
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Few pics from my side , though not many .. Have a couple of videos that are undergoing processing by akshay ..

Check the following pic :
Wolfie , memo and tuner intently discussing the strategy up the climb I guess .. Unfortunately I didn't quite work out at the end of it all it seems .. Talking about strategies , loved memo's .. Shed weight , go faster that simple .. Maybe thats why the vitara came in bits and pieces .. All other fast cars out there take a hint ..

Finally , managed to catch the culprit who forgot to tighten my lugs ..

Poor fellow hasn't yet been warned that I am planning to unleash this beast out on him ..

Slightly Off Topic , can you guess who this blue headed barrel is ?? Rotflmao !!

On a slightly sadder note , just got some news from the garage .. One piston has cracked due to the high in volume cylinder compression .. Added to that a leaking headgasket .. The car was surely on limp mode .. Still she managed 200 on the highway and a good descent in under 6 mins .. Maybe thats love .. For this could well have been my last drive with her .. You guys must be thinking Im mad aren't you ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomz
I can surely say He slowed only for the Trax and the broken tree lying halfway across the road.... Not anything Else..
Dont worry yaar , this memo no is a race driver .. Some years back (no no he is not 40+) used to race for mercedes junior class in germany .. To him going off the throttle to brake also is like loosing ages .. Dont churn yourself more thinking about the drive .. Cant have you fall sick again ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 25th April 2007 at 12:40.
Old 25th April 2007, 12:22   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo45_m View Post
the claim of 4.30 is only for 3 cars which are Wolf's vtec, Psycho's tc esteem and the vitara in 4wd(high)mode,by the way i really don't remember using the 1st gear on the vitara, by the way the vitara runs a H27A i.e. a 2.7l V6(petrol), so for every one who says it will not do such a run, you have got it wrong..... and yes there was 2 or 3 points in the climb when i remember speedo in the vitara showed over a 100, by the way on the clind we just encountered a trax driving up and he let all 3 cars though the moment he saw them in his rview, and after seeing taddu's video what i observed is he has encountered 3 bikes riding down hill, 2-3 bikes going uphill, i can see him slowing for a car driving at him in the opp direction and there seems to be a cut in the video at 4.27mins..... and there is one point at the hair pins where he has run a little wide and slows to correct it so all this put together is added time..
I can surely say He slowed only for the Trax and the broken tree lying halfway across the road.... Not anything Else.... But anyway itz my feeling..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks