Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2021, 22:23   #1
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 11,375
Thanked: 12,539 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Team-BHP Meets @ Seattle, Washington

Hello Guys,

It's time to move on to newer pastures.

After spending some glorious years in Detroit, Michigan where I truly enjoyed :

a) Henry Ford Museum.
b) Visiting all big 3 Offices (General Motors, FCA and Ford).
c) Visiting iconic places where there was rich heritage of Automobiles.
d) Enjoying NASCAR each year in Michigan which is the fastest track in USA.
e) Being part of the glorious culture of "Dreamcruise" on Woodword Avenue where 1.5 Million cars come on road in a single day.
f) Working with some amazing OEM's and OEM Suppliers.
g) Enjoyed some of best falls and harshest winters and nicest summers in Michigan.
h) Feel the crazy muscle car culture in Detroit.
f) Visiting every nook and cranny of "Pure Michigan".Yeah, no kidding

After all of above in "Motor City" it's time to move on to beautiful PNW (Pacific Northwest)

I would love to meet fellow auto enthusiasts who live in the Seattle area.

Look forward to responses so we can plan some events in near future.

Cheers
Mobike008
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 10:36   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
amol4184's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Seattle/Pune
Posts: 1,129
Thanked: 4,339 Times
Re: Team-BHP Meets @ Seattle, Washington

Might be back early next year (Renton). Keep me in the loop!
Great time for meetup though, in next few days with fall colors and pleasant time between summer and winter.
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 02:32   #3
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 11,375
Thanked: 12,539 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Team-BHP Meets @ Seattle, Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Might be back early next year (Renton). Keep me in the loop!
Great time for meetup though, in next few days with fall colors and pleasant time between summer and winter.
Great to hear from you Amol. Yeah, with the true PNW weather (Read, rains) starting now and with fall colors building up over a month. It would be great to plan a quick meet sometime late october.

We can use this thread to share ideas and plans for future events.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 09:06   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
amol4184's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Seattle/Pune
Posts: 1,129
Thanked: 4,339 Times
Re: Team-BHP Meets @ Seattle, Washington

Brought back memories! My most memorable routes out of Seattle were a)Hwy 20 b)Drive up SR542 till Artist Point c)Mt. St. Helens, drive to Johnston Ridge observatory d)Leavenworth route via hwy 2.

These all are great on the motorcycle too!
amol4184 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 10:23   #5
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 11,375
Thanked: 12,539 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Team-BHP Meets @ Seattle, Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Brought back memories! My most memorable routes out of Seattle were a)Hwy 20 b)Drive up SR542 till Artist Point c)Mt. St. Helens, drive to Johnston Ridge observatory d)Leavenworth route via hwy 2.

These all are great on the motorcycle too!
Nice list. I have done Leavenworth in the past but, not the other ones. Let's select on of the best of those routes for a drive meet in October

Do you live in Renton?

Btw, I was also an avid motorcyclist but, not here in US. I feel safe in a car
mobike008 is offline  
Old 28th September 2021, 10:59   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
amol4184's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Seattle/Pune
Posts: 1,129
Thanked: 4,339 Times
Re: Team-BHP Meets @ Seattle, Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Do you live in Renton?

Btw, I was also an avid motorcyclist but, not here in US. I feel safe in a car
I used to. Came to India and got stuck. Then covid struck. One way or another travel just didn't happen. Eyeing early next year now. Will be Renton most probably. My car still lives there (my friend drives it just to keep battery charged) while my bike is in a colleague's garage safely tucked away.

Share photos if you guys do meet up anytime soon. The window is closing fast. I will try to join the next one if at all!
amol4184 is offline  
Old 2nd October 2021, 23:45   #7
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 11,375
Thanked: 12,539 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Team-BHP Meets @ Seattle, Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
I used to. Came to India and got stuck. Then covid struck. One way or another travel just didn't happen. Eyeing early next year now. Will be Renton most probably. My car still lives there (my friend drives it just to keep battery charged) while my bike is in a colleague's garage safely tucked away.

Share photos if you guys do meet up anytime soon. The window is closing fast. I will try to join the next one if at all!
That is tough luck. I know a few people who are in same situation. Hope you can come back sooner than later

Will surely post pics if any meets happen anytime in future.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 23:06   #8
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: BLR/SEA
Posts: 14
Thanked: 23 Times
Re: Team-BHP Meets @ Seattle, Washington

Count me in! Would love to meet fellow members here in the PNW region. Chuckanut drive is also a nice quick loop and you can end in Bellingham and have some nice indian food this side of the border.
rvracer88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 03:41   #9
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 11,375
Thanked: 12,539 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Team-BHP Meets @ Seattle, Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
I used to. Came to India and got stuck. Then covid struck. One way or another travel just didn't happen. Eyeing early next year now. Will be Renton most probably.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvracer88 View Post
Count me in! Would love to meet fellow members here in the PNW region. Chuckanut drive is also a nice quick loop and you can end in Bellingham and have some nice indian food this side of the border.
You guys are the SME's of PNW. Why dont we create a list of Top 5 routes to be done for Team BHP drive meets?

I have a couple of friends (one of them is a BHPian) who will also join.

Can you please outline the Top 5 routes. Preferably 100 miles-150 miles one-way with a lunch stop. Basically, a total of 5-6 hours of day-drive including an hour stop for lunch.
mobike008 is offline  
Old 7th October 2021, 11:01   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
amol4184's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Seattle/Pune
Posts: 1,129
Thanked: 4,339 Times
Re: Team-BHP Meets @ Seattle, Washington

Adding one more entry: Seattle - Renton - Black Diamond - Enumclaw (slow country road till this point) - take WA 410, don't go up Mt. Rainier and continue towards Naches and reach Yakima.
The landscape turns from lush green to desert and is great on bikes/fast cars. From Yakima you can take WA 821, a proper canyon carving road along the Yakima river. Narrow and super winding. Other option is to just get onto the freeway from Yakima and connect to I90 but that's little boring - but you have great views on both routes. Caution - extreme hot in summer with temps going 100-110. Other days, terrible winds especially on the freeway. Take caution either ways especially if you are on motorcycle.
821 is also closed lot of times, check the closures before hand if you are just going for canyon carving.
Some really good restaurants on either end of 821. Its heaven for cycle riding too. Once you reach I90, its a smooth boring ride towards Seattle with little excitement around Snoqualmie pass.
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 23:35   #11
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 11,375
Thanked: 12,539 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Team-BHP Meets @ Seattle, Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
From Yakima you can take WA 821, a proper canyon carving road along the Yakima river. Narrow and super winding. Other option is to just get onto the freeway from Yakima and connect to I90 but that's little boring - but you have great views on both routes. Caution - extreme hot in summer with temps going 100-110. Other days, terrible winds especially on the freeway. Take caution either ways especially if you are on motorcycle.
821 is also closed lot of times, check the closures before hand if you are just going for canyon carving.
Fabulous. Keep the inputs coming in. I'm consolidating them so we can have it all available in a single post.

Btw, Since you refer to motorcycles, I assume you are a serious biker. Well, I was too before moving here. Now my allegiance has shifted to cars.


If interested check out some of my motorcycle ownership threads here :

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ml#post3375613 (My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ml#post3931942 (Kawasaki Versys 650: The good times with my 'Dark Knight' begin. EDIT: SOLD!)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post2632177 (RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ml#post3354264 (Comparison Report: Harley Davidson Iron 883 vs Triumph Bonneville)

And, here is the as of now consolidated list :

1. a)Hwy 20 b)Drive up SR542 till Artist Point c)Mt. St. Helens, drive to Johnston Ridge observatory d)Leavenworth route via hwy 2.

2. Chuckanut drive is also a nice quick loop and you can end in Bellingham and have some nice indian food this side of the border.

3. Seattle - Renton - Black Diamond - Enumclaw (slow country road till this point) - take WA 410, don't go up Mt. Rainier and continue towards Naches and reach Yakima.The landscape turns from lush green to desert and is great on bikes/fast cars. From Yakima you can take WA 821, a proper canyon carving road along the Yakima river. Narrow and super winding.

Other option is to just get onto the freeway from Yakima and connect to I90 but that's little boring - but you have great views on both routes. Caution - extreme hot in summer with temps going 100-110. Other days, terrible winds especially on the freeway. Take caution either ways especially if you are on motorcycle.

821 is also closed lot of times, check the closures before hand if you are just going for canyon carving.Some really good restaurants on either end of 821. Its heaven for cycle riding too. Once you reach I90, its a smooth boring ride towards Seattle with little excitement around Snoqualmie pass.

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th October 2021 at 23:37.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 02:01   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
14000rpm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Helsinki
Posts: 2,085
Thanked: 1,938 Times
Re: Team-BHP Meets @ Seattle, Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
After spending some glorious years in Detroit, Michigan

I would love to meet fellow auto enthusiasts who live in the Seattle area.
you are one restless fellow aren't you? lol. Since I have a house in Rochester Hills, MI, I thought I'd see you in MI when I came by next time.

Up until Covid, I've travelled to Redmond from Helsinki atleast twice a year for 2 yrs. perhaps next year when international travel goes back to normal I could get back there again. I've driven up and down Chukanut drive and some surrounding fun-to-drive roads each time I've been there just to detox. I'm sure you'll discover more if not already. See you soon I guess.
14000rpm is offline  
Old 9th October 2021, 01:32   #13
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 11,375
Thanked: 12,539 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Team-BHP Meets @ Seattle, Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
you are one restless fellow aren't you? lol. Since I have a house in Rochester Hills, MI, I thought I'd see you in MI when I came by next time.

Up until Covid, I've travelled to Redmond from Helsinki atleast twice a year for 2 yrs. perhaps next year when international travel goes back to normal I could get back there again. I've driven up and down Chukanut drive and some surrounding fun-to-drive roads each time I've been there just to detox. I'm sure you'll discover more if not already. See you soon I guess.
Hey Avi (from Avi)Howdy?

Nice to hear from you. Well, I lead a pretty hectic social life so it was as expected. New Place, New Friends and New Chapter of Life

Nice to know you are familiar with Seattle area. We can definitely plan a meet around the timeframe you are in town and look forward to catching up. Please give enough notice with things getting hectic day-by-day.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 03:30   #14
Newbie
 
abhiram90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Vizag/Seattle
Posts: 3
Thanked: 38 Times
Re: Team-BHP Meets @ Seattle, Washington

Its nice to see a thread on seattle meet up. Keep me in the loop, Hopefully we can meet sometime soon.

see ya!
abhiram90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 06:00   #15
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 11,375
Thanked: 12,539 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Team-BHP Meets @ Seattle, Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiram90 View Post
Its nice to see a thread on seattle meet up. Keep me in the loop, Hopefully we can meet sometime soon. see ya!
Nice to see you here abhiram90. Please subscribe to this thread and keep checking back often.

We can plan a meet as soon as we have a minimum of 5 folks who are ready to catch up

I am game any weekend as long as there is a couple of weeks notice.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks