Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2008, 22:46   #361
Team-BHP Support

One request.

Please wear tags/stickers displaying your T-Bhp handle.

Makes it much easier to put faces to names.
Old 12th June 2008, 22:58   #362
BANNED

Ok! These are some important ones.

Hi guys!
As we near our date for the lift off, it's now very much appropriate to post some very important things for everybody's notice/benefit.
  • *Let us remember our planned route for this drive. We START from Sarovaram near Vytilla - We head to Muvattupuzha via Maradu - onwards to Todupuzha - BREAK - Move on to Muttom, Kanhar, Moolamattom - Climb up to Naadukaani - BREAK - Further ahead, we'll move on to some spectacular roads with enough bends and curves, I many a times, was tempted to stop and make a house/living in some certain areas. But let's do that some other time and now, we'll drive on to GreenBerg resorts located at Kulamavu - LUNCH - Drive to Cheruthoni town/dam. There is a road which takes us to the banks of the reservoir and offers some good views. We can have a look at it and the dam from far. - next stop is Idukki dam bottom. Spectacular, jaw dropping, amazing, grand view of the dam. - Climb up again to Kattappana - On towards Elappara - CHAI CHAI - last leg to the swiss town of Kerala, Kuttikkanam. I would like everybody to check out the map with the route I had posted some pages/days ago.
    * Before we embark on this drive, I would recommend everybody to check their rides for proper air pressure, stepney, necessary tools etc..
    *Please fill up your vehicles tomorrow and come with enough fuel before turning up our meeting place, Sarovaram.
    * Please carry atleast one working (outgoing & incoming) mobile phone in each car.
    * Please sms your vehicle make and registration number to RipperGeo tonight. This will help us track all the vehicles coming for the drive. This is very important as without this, we'll face too many confusions and the following things will only be possible if this step is taken care of beautifully. (We've to try and avoid 'I was left behind like a stupid' kinda stories)
    * One vehicle will be chosen as the pilot vehicle. Ie.. It will lead all other vehicles participating in this drive. He will also be the navigator for the convoy.
    *One vehicle will be chosen as the Middle man.
    *One vehicle will be chosen as a sweeper car. It will be the last car in the convoy and will constantly keep an eye for any left behind/stranded/in need of vehicles from our convoy.
    * We request all the gentlemen and ladies (I wish) to drive responsibly and please, please don't get into any boy racing attitude while we are on this drive. Also, we have enough time to booze away to glory and away once we reach Kuttikkanam.
    * Please don't forget to bring your bottle as there will be hardly any chance/place to buy it once we set off for the drive.
    * There'll be many photographic locations thru out the route. We will definitely slow down and give all the shutter bugs enough time at the best locations. But, don't expect to stop on each and every 10km for a pic. If somebody thinks of a good location which is worth spending a lifetime for taking snaps, you may always come back another time without disturbing this drive and other members.
    * According to our calculation, we'll reach Kuttikkanam by 5.30pm/6pm. That gives us ample time to work out our tired bodies, get refreshed and ready for the evening and see the sundown from the hills.
    * The resort we have chosen is more like a home stay and we'll be able to explore our vocal chords to it's best capabilities. Same goes with the use of our taste buds and cooking expertise. LOL!
    * Guys who are yet looking for a ride, please sms RipperGeo. Don't despair or get worried. Some arrangement can be easily made for you. Please use PM/SMS to communicate with each other.
As I'm typing from a phone, let me pause for a while. Will come up with some more important information soon. So, please make sure you visit this thread tomorrow too.
Old 12th June 2008, 23:08   #363
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic Zak!! Very well put up ...cheers:
Old 12th June 2008, 23:27   #364
BHPian

Thanks Zak.Thats a lot of information you have passed.
Old 12th June 2008, 23:43   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Hi guys!
As we near our date for the lift off, it's now very much appropriate to post some very important things for everybody's notice/benefit.
  • *Let us remember our planned route for this drive. We START from Sarovaram near Vytilla - We can have a look at it and the dam from far. - next stop is Idukki dam bottom. Spectacular, jaw dropping, amazing, grand view of the dam. - Climb up again to Kattappana - On towards Elappara - CHAI CHAI - last leg to the swiss town of Kerala, Kuttikkanam. I would like everybody to check out the map with the route I had posted some pages/days ago.
Speedzak,

Can you also please post tentative timings at each place? We guys driving from Bangy may be able to make it to the dam and join you guys from there.

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 12th June 2008, 23:51   #366
Senior - BHPian

I'll be bringing along 3 bottles of mineral water.
Old 12th June 2008, 23:56   #367
BHPian

Zak, thanks and it was well put. Waiting for the rest of info before tomo afternoon as we will be starting our drive tomo (Fri) evening itself. See you there.
Old 13th June 2008, 00:03   #368
BHPian

Zak..Some thing that hit my mind ,As soon as I finished reading your post was this

"Life is calling ,where are you ...Smirnoff"

Are you arranging some atmosphere for Tribal dance and campfire for the Tribes gathering...??

Last edited by roopakr : 13th June 2008 at 00:06.
Old 13th June 2008, 00:45   #369
Senior - BHPian

The Cheap Guest has landed, he's at home knocking back a few drinks. Amongst other things he's cost me a door after locking himself inside the toilet - we had to use the jigsaw to cut the door open.

I'd like to volunteer for sweeper car duty. Rippergeo, Zak and Ram - can you guys meet up over dinner tomorrow to plan out the last bits? Cheap Guest and I will join you, now that we know we wont have to drive to CBE tomorrow - the Landy wont be arriving.
Old 13th June 2008, 08:07   #370
BANNED

Now that we have heard this question many a times, let's try a shot at it.
What should we bring for this drive?
Anything you may need for a 1 day journey. Simple!

* Personal clothing including a sweater/warm pullover.
* Personal medicines.
* Driving license.
* Some snacks, refreshments.
* Your favourite bottle/can.
* Matchbox/lighter if you're a puffing kind and enough stock of that favourite puff.
* A working mobile phone (incoming & outgoing) if possible.

There should be some more urgent stuff. But I am still in a deep slumber. And it's colder here in Bangalore than I thought.
See you all soon with the timings etc.
Old 13th June 2008, 08:33   #371
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Now that we have heard this question many a times, let's try a shot at it.
What should we bring for this drive?
Anything you may need for a 1 day journey. Simple!

* Personal clothing including a sweater/warm pullover.
* Personal medicines.
* Driving license.
* Some snacks, refreshments.
* Your favourite bottle/can.
* Matchbox/lighter if you're a puffing kind and enough stock of that favourite puff.
* A working mobile phone (incoming & outgoing) if possible.

There should be some more urgent stuff. But I am still in a deep slumber. And it's colder here in Bangalore than I thought.
See you all soon with the timings etc.

add umbrellas/raincoats and waterproof bags for your cameras/phones.
people driving down from blore/CBE should keep in touch regularly on saturday so that we can meet up en route.

@zak- you're in bangy? I'm beginning to think harry potter's floo network is real!

only Redfire has SMSed his car regn number so far!

Last edited by rippergeo : 13th June 2008 at 08:34.

Old 13th June 2008, 09:11   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
did send you a pm regarding the matter, and now i am waiting to get confirmation from your end. Have you got this sorted?

Just I had spoken to Vellubhai and got confrimation for a pick-up. If there is any change I will let you know.

Thanks for all your help

biju
98470 64913
Old 13th June 2008, 10:04   #373
BHPian

Speedzak - Those were some nice,crisp and informative posts. Helped me put an end to my confusion.
Old 13th June 2008, 10:18   #374
BHPian

Somethings I would like to add to Zaks list:
Camera/Mobile chargers.
A Torch
and maybe a couple of extra plastic bags for those who have the habit of vomiting in these conditions.

One more question guys- Wont there be a Petrol bunk atleast in every 15kms at these places?just asked because I have this habit of driving in empty.
Old 13th June 2008, 10:31   #375
Senior - BHPian

Wonderfully put up zak,hope you come up with more buddie.Ill be in cochin in 40 mnts time .We can meet up and finalise the remaining stuff.Steeroid has agreed to meet by 8 pm in the evening too.
ram
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks