Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2008, 19:48   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBatt View Post
This thread is already 18 pages and nobody seems to be discussing about it (or did I miss it)
LOL! Thats because we dont consider it a 'special item' - it usually is taken care of just like food, water and shelter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBatt View Post
What about booz guys ? is it arranged at the resort, is it available at kutti, OR should I get it from B'lore. Please respond fast, I am very anxious.

cheers:

This is Kerala - there will be no shortage of booze. The idea is normally BYOB (Bring Your Own Bottle) so every takes care of their own needs + a little more, and we pool it in.

The only thing that may require advance planning is chilled beer, but who's going to be heading for a bottle of cold beer when its raining in the mountains?
Old 9th June 2008, 20:17   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
LOL! Thats because we dont consider it a 'special item' - it usually is taken care of just like food, water and shelter.

This is Kerala - there will be no shortage of booze. The idea is normally BYOB (Bring Your Own Bottle) so every takes care of their own needs + a little more, and we pool it in.

The only thing that may require advance planning is chilled beer, but who's going to be heading for a bottle of cold beer when its raining in the mountains?
Just leave the beer in the open! It'll get chilled on it own!
Old 9th June 2008, 20:29   #273
BANNED

Final rates! And some SHOCKKKERs!

Hi Guys,

Now everybody should understand that we have been given a very good discount by the resort management once they came to know that there isn't any possibility of other guests coming in there on that certain night. LOL!!
  • Now, one room will cost us only 800Rs.
  • Those who are planning to stay on twin sharing basis will pay 400Rs per head.
  • Those who are planning to stay on 3 (or more) sharing basis will pay 270Rs per head.
We are currently working on the meals and menu. But expect to pay anything between 300Rs to 600Rs for meals.

We will decide one person to be the finance minister for this trip. He will be responsible for all the finance management on the drive. He will collect money from members, keep it safe and pay wherever and whenever needed. If there is any balance left, it will be finished off at the end of the trip by buying goodies like Ice creams, Tea, Chocolates, Memorobilias (hope, I spelled it right) etc...
And in case, we are in need of any extra money somewhere it will be collected then and there.

Now, everybody will have a question;
When should we pay??
We have to pay for the accommodation and food before we leave from Sarovaram on Saturday, 14th June 2008 by 7am.

So keeping all these in mind, please carry a minimum of 800Rs in your hand other than your fuel and personal expenses.

Now, we may have done a good job of getting a good discount or a bad job of not getting a better discount. But this is the final outcome and we expect everybody to be happy and satisfied on the effort we all have done. If not, we are very sorry and you are welcome to tear my beard apart if you have the urge to do so. I will announce a special time and place to fulfill it!

Ok. That's all for now!
Old 9th June 2008, 20:44   #274
Senior - BHPian

Veelubhai

Quicksilver and CBE gang may be driving up from this side of the mountains - we are presently exploring the possibilities. That would mean we will not be coming via Pgt/Tcr etc.

We'll keep you posted on developments as and when they happen.
Old 9th June 2008, 20:49   #275
BHPian

Zak, those are amazing rates!!!
Old 9th June 2008, 21:12   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
If you have a tripod, please let me know so I dont have to carry mine all the way down - it is (hopefully) going to be overcast and dark throughout.
Steeroid,

I will be getting both my S3IS and Rebel XTi and also my tripod.

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 9th June 2008, 21:39   #277
BANNED

2 cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
Veelubhai

Quicksilver and CBE gang may be driving up from this side of the mountains - we are presently exploring the possibilities. That would mean we will not be coming via Pgt/Tcr etc.

We'll keep you posted on developments as and when they happen.
As per the last discussion, Quicksilver definitely is not going from the other side of the mountains. Are there 2 cars coming from Coimby then???
Maybe that will help us solve the seating problems.
Old 9th June 2008, 21:53   #278
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post

I will be getting both my S3IS and Rebel XTi
oh good! I was beginning to feel outnumbered by all the nikon toting photographers! hurray for canon

Old 9th June 2008, 21:58   #279
BHPian

Zak - those are killer rates. Consider we Tvm guys, we are sharing both car/fuel as well as room. So for us this trip is a steal . Thanks in advance to all the trip managers. Days are not moving. BTW asking again - is there any chance to get acco for Fri night at Cochin?

Last edited by redfire : 9th June 2008 at 22:02.
Old 9th June 2008, 22:07   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
oh good! I was beginning to feel outnumbered by all the nikon toting photographers! hurray for canon
Add one more to the Nikon gang! My 'Vintage' Coolpix!

P.S: zak! Those are amazing rates! Awesome!

Last edited by JayD : 9th June 2008 at 22:09.
Old 9th June 2008, 22:48   #281
BHPian

@zak, killer rates you have got for all of us, it cant get better than that.
Old 9th June 2008, 22:57   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
As per the last discussion, Quicksilver definitely is not going from the other side of the mountains. Are there 2 cars coming from Coimby then???
Maybe that will help us solve the seating problems.
I was expecting this - Well then there might just be!

A few additional TBhp-ians may be coming as well! They are expected to arrive the previous evening and then all of us will drive down the next day. A 6.30am start from Cochin - will mean we will have to begin driving by about 2.00am from here. We have decided to do one of two things - either reach Cochin the previous day - or start from Cbe at around the same time on Saturday. If we do the latter we should be in the environs of Munnar by 9.30 - 10.00am latest. Where to catch up with the convoy is yet to be figured out - who knows - maybe we will carve out our own route this side of the mountains and meet up at the resort in the evening.

Lastly @ Organisers - please put up an itinerary (if any) - needless to say we know how flexible this can get! Also put up the resort's address, telephone numbers etc for all the people coming from the 'other' side!

The rates are excellent - my compliments!

Last edited by kb100 : 9th June 2008 at 22:59.
Old 9th June 2008, 23:08   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Hi Guys,

Now everybody should understand that we have been given a very good discount by the resort management once they came to know that there isn't any possibility of other guests coming in there on that certain night. LOL!!
  • Now, one room will cost us only 800Rs.
Cool. Thats more than 50% discount on the originally expected rates.

4 days to go. Damn

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 9th June 2008, 23:10   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

4 days to go. Damn

Cheers,

Rajan
Read your post on the Bangalore thread.

Kya spirit hai! In case you run out of it when you get to the resort, we'll fill you up!
Old 10th June 2008, 00:08   #285
BANNED

Well!! Great!!! C'mon!!!!

Quote:
4 days to go. Damn
Same feelings here too, buddy!
Keep up the good spirits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfire View Post
BTW asking again - is there any chance to get acco for Fri night at Cochin?
Accommodation is being arranged for outsiders on the 13th night. Please sms me/ripper for that. I will be landing in Cochin by 11th night. Depending on your budget, we will put you in respective hotels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
A 6.30am start from Cochin - will mean we will have to begin driving by about 2.00am from here.
C'mon!!! It doesn't take that long. Start by 3:30 - 4am will be fine. But it is always better to come the previous night.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks