Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2008, 22:04   #1
BHPian

Hyderabad - Bangalore Mid Way Meet!

During one of our short Meets @ Hyderabad we decided to explore the option of having a Mid Way meet between Bangalore and Hyderabad Teams! There is a suggestion of meeting up @ Gooty which is about mid way between the two!

Suggested Date is weekend of 30th and 31st August!

Requirements -

Someone to scout the area for stay options
Someone to scout the area for Drink options
Someone to scout the area for Food options

Volunteers!!

Last edited by theodore_ftw : 18th July 2008 at 22:14.
Old 18th July 2008, 22:31   #2
BHPian

Think about it

We have energetic Bangalorean and Hyderabadean BHpians.

Gooty will be mid-way. I know the road is not appreciating but just think we will raid the place where we converge!

With the sheer numbers (expected 20 cars from Hyd and 30 cars from blore) we will be able to arrange for the rest and food etc.

And do dust kicking and what not (except that some people have to manage the cops)

then loud music.... and some kinda camping stuff.

We start from our offices at 6 pm on a friday evening and converge next day early in morning. Early reachers will volunteer in arranging food stuff and parking and site seeing places.

Then we have a nap in our cars in the afternoon.

Then if somebody get a mini-generator a projector and a home theatre and a screen and lo! we have a drive in theatre somewhere on the highway on saturday evening.

I am sure with so many people around we will be secure.
Old 19th July 2008, 14:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

people please dont get me confused like the last meet where the destination was not decided till nth minute. please plan some thing solid and stick to it so that people dont have to get confused and read through several pages to find out the final plan.

and i hope to see as enthusiatic as kkr2k2 in organizing the meet to make it hassle free, please do so.

and why not first put down the list of volunteers, coordinators who would like to take care of the arrangements and routes?
Old 19th July 2008, 15:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Howz the road conditions from Bangalore to Gooty? I heard it's still bad. Any new updates on this?
Old 19th July 2008, 22:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

rider,
I am just a coordinator(read my signature), it means I just coordinate the people of Hyderabad for the meets so that they don't miss the meet or get lost some where.

But for this meet, we need one guy to coordinate with the Hyderabad folks and another for Bangalore folks then a coordinator who can get in touch with both of these. Lets name him as the chief coordinator. The chief coordinator should have all the details of the route from the Hyderabad to Destination(Gooty) and the details of route from Bangalore to Destination. He can take the help of people like hvkumar and btirthankar.

Apart from the coordinators we need a volunteer, who can make the arrangements at the Destination, like chalking out the plan/agenda, booking rooms/dormitory et all. Its desirable that the person has already been to the place. The volunteer has to be in touch with all the coordinator.

In case of less number of participants from each city, then two coordinators are sufficient and one of them also can act as the volunteer.

PS: the above plan is based upon the experience in coordinating/planning the meets in Hyderabad. Believe such a planning has made the meets in Hyderabad one of the best teambhp meets.

raj.
Old 20th July 2008, 13:25   #6
BHPian

Hyd guys, this is a nice idea. I love these inter-state meets. I am just out of Cochin-Bangy Monsoon D.R.I.V.E. meet.

As I can see, meeting point supposed to be Gooty. What is so special about Gooty? Is it hill station? I have never heard anything about Gooty.

Never mind, our purpose is to D.R.I.V.E. and M.E.E.T. right? I am excited. Let us see how this thread progress from here.
Old 20th July 2008, 13:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBatt View Post
Hyd guys, this is a nice idea. I love these inter-state meets. I am just out of Cochin-Bangy Monsoon D.R.I.V.E. meet.

As I can see, meeting point supposed to be Gooty. What is so special about Gooty? Is it hill station? I have never heard anything about Gooty.

Never mind, our purpose is to D.R.I.V.E. and M.E.E.T. right? I am excited. Let us see how this thread progress from here.
Do you know how is the road condition on this? As far as my memory gioes, the road towards Hyderabad is still bad. IMO, driving in these roads will be nothing less than a nightmare.
Old 20th July 2008, 14:41   #8
BHPian

Last year on the way to Belum caves, we crossed Gooty and it appeared to be a REALLY small place. It was nothing more than the numerous small towns that we cross on any of our long drives. So I have serious doubts whether you can manage any accommodation at that place. And with the kind of numbers that an inter-state T-BHP meet will have, acco may be a problem.
Old 20th July 2008, 19:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Gooty, wow. There is a nice huge HP pump. They have a hall/lounge kind of thing which we can rent for a day and enjoy!!
Old 20th July 2008, 19:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Gooty, wow. There is a nice huge HP pump. They have a hall/lounge kind of thing which we can rent for a day and enjoy!!
cannot think of anything other than this for the reply above. I dont think Gooty is an ideal meeting point but not sure if there is anything unknown that can be explored then it stands a chance. Folks who know this place pour in your thoughts.

Last edited by VJ_MAVRICK : 20th July 2008 at 19:53.
Old 21st July 2008, 14:53   #11
Senior - BHPian

As Gooty seems to be in doubt, how about Humpi. Its almost equi distant from Banglore and Hyderabad.
Old 21st July 2008, 14:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

This sounds good as Hampi is equi distance for both the sides BHPians...
Old 21st July 2008, 15:17   #13
Senior - BHPian

Whats the distance between bangy & hyd ? And what the distance between humpy & bangy ?
Old 21st July 2008, 15:26   #14
BHPian

but dont u think hampi deserves more than just 1-2 days??
why not belum caves? They have some dorm there which we can book.

Regards,
Old 21st July 2008, 15:28   #15
Senior - BHPian

[quote=esteem_lover;910705]
Whats the distance between hampi & hyd - 450kms
? And what the distance between hampi & bangy - 375kms
bangalore to hyderabad - 560kms

answers are in bold for your reference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks