Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2008, 15:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
Last year on the way to Belum caves, we crossed Gooty and it appeared to be a REALLY small place. It was nothing more than the numerous small towns that we cross on any of our long drives. So I have serious doubts whether you can manage any accommodation at that place. And with the kind of numbers that an inter-state T-BHP meet will have, acco may be a problem.

Gooty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

check this out nice histroy man. now howmany are game for gooty, like kutlee suggested there is a HP PUMP and a reliance too, the reliance will be less crowded and has a small ac room good for say 15-20 people. and has rooms for night stay too dont have in fo on the hp pump need to find out.
Old 21st July 2008, 15:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

[quote=gowda79;910726]
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Whats the distance between hampi & hyd - 450kms
? And what the distance between hampi & bangy - 375kms
bangalore to hyderabad - 560kms
answers are in bold for your reference.
Hampi ? so i think if we can stretch a bit more and reach Banagalore and Blore people can take a break and arrange things for us!! advantage is we can meet a lot of Blore people??
Old 21st July 2008, 15:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

[quote=gowda79;910726]
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Whats the distance between hampi & hyd - 450kms
? And what the distance between hampi & bangy - 375kms
bangalore to hyderabad - 560kms

answers are in bold for your reference.

guys, you should pick a spot around 275-325 kms either way. Makes it a more do-able trip for both sides. But i dont see the bangy enthus here ?
Old 21st July 2008, 15:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

[quote=kutlee;910768]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Hampi ? so i think if we can stretch a bit more and reach Banagalore and Blore people can take a break and arrange things for us!! advantage is we can meet a lot of Blore people??

this is exactly why gooty is a good place check out the linky i posted, the place is not boring after all.
Old 21st July 2008, 16:00   #20

how about driving down to bangalore for k-1000 (INRC rally) on 15, 16 and 17 august and meet all the bangalore tbhpians!
Old 21st July 2008, 19:37   #21
BHPian

Though I have just relocated to Bangalore and have no idea about the roads in and around bangalore, but I am game for this meet. Driving and meeting like minded people always sounds fun to me
Old 23rd July 2008, 11:28   #22
BHPian

Guys,

A mid-way meet is a good idea. Gooty does have a lot of historic importance, but we need a place to stay. Food will not be a problem, as there are bound to be plenty of highway eateries. But a night halt will need a good place. In that respect, Gooty may not be the right choice.

How about we also inculde the Chennai BHPians and look at a place equidistant from HYD, BLR and Chennai?

Somewhere in the region of Nandyal would be my guess.

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 23rd July 2008, 15:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
How about we also inculde the Chennai BHPians and look at a place equidistant from HYD, BLR and Chennai?

Somewhere in the region of Nandyal would be my guess.

Cheers,

Rajan
Hi Rajan,

Infact there was a thread for a regional meet, but we could not take it much further. Also currently there is a discussion going in the safari owners thread for a meet for many cities including chennai. So we have to plan the meet with keeping that meet in mind.

I think this thread should be merged with the REGIONAL MEET thread. Mods, what do you what is take on this?

Rajan, can you tell us what can we look at in Nandyal?

Raj.
Old 23rd July 2008, 16:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Hi Rajan,

Rajan, can you tell us what can we look at in Nandyal?

Raj.
My bad, missed this one earlier:
Nandyal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rajan good reminder about Nandyal buddy.

Quote:
The temple at Ahobilam is dedicated to Narasimha and is well-known in the region. It is situated in a scenic forest which is a two hour drive from Nandyal.
In fact I proposed Ahobilam as the destination during the recent Hyderabad meet. But I was not sure about the accommodation part. But just found out that its just two hour drive from Nandyal. So we can look for accommodation in Nandyal and we can go to Ahobilam the next day.

Proposed Agenda:

Start on Friday evening and reach Nandyal by late night and sleep at a hotel/lodge/inn (we have to book in advance). Get early in the morning on Saturday go out and enjoy the scenic beauty of Ahobilam. Get back to Hotel. Next morning on Sunday we can go to Belum Caves. And in the evening we can head to respective cities.

Distances to Ahombilam:
from hyderabad: 380KM
from chennai: 400KM
from banglore: 350KM

Distances to Belum Caves:(source wiki)
from hyderabad: 320KM
from chennai: 420KM
from banglore: 270KM

Can anybody put up the distances to Nandyal??

2. Alternatively
(if no one is coming along with their families) we can directly go to Belum Caves and we can have accommodation at
Quote:
APTDC runs Punnami Hotel in vicinity of Belum Caves. The only accommodation type offered is a 32 beds dormitory. The charges for dormitory accommodation is Rs.40.00 per person.
Thats pretty cheap (i don't have any info on the condition of this Dormitory.)
We can directly go to Belum caves on Firday night and Saturday Morning we can visit the caves and if we can look out for few more places and back to the dorm in the evening. And Sunday morning we can head towards Ahobilam and Sunday evening we can head to respective cities.

Another major issue we should look at is the FOOD (that finishes "roti kapda aur makhaan")

raj.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 23rd July 2008 at 16:30.
Old 24th July 2008, 11:00   #25
Senior - BHPian

Raj...Dormitory is pretty bad option,if we bring family and kids.we need to look at a proper hotel.
Old 24th July 2008, 11:14   #26
BHPian

are the dates completely fixed. Shouldn't we have a poll giving an option of 2-3 weekends so that we can choose a majority.
I'd really be interested in a tbhp meet, as I have missed the last few and has been long since caught up bhpians. However 30-31st august i am out of country
mods - can we have a poll please on the dates
Old 24th July 2008, 16:08   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
2. Alternatively
(if no one is coming along with their families) we can directly go to Belum Caves and we can have accommodation at
Thats pretty cheap (i don't have any info on the condition of this Dormitory.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Raj...Dormitory is pretty bad option,if we bring family and kids.we need to look at a proper hotel.
yes sir, I very well understand that.

So how many of us if coming, will get families/better half/ girl friend(s) along???

If at least one of us is coming along with a family, then we will go with the option 1 mentioned above.

lets list out.

1. kkr2k2 (coming alone)

raj.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 24th July 2008 at 16:12.
Old 24th July 2008, 16:54   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry Raj, i am out of this one. Somethings are coming up during that period
Old 24th July 2008, 18:16   #29
BHPian

recently

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
Though I have just relocated to Bangalore

I too relocated .... to BLR... PM me ur contact... mine is basu.tirthankar@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post

A mid-way meet is a good idea.

Guys... http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...tml#post914811here is the recent experience. I had a hard time though.
Old 28th July 2008, 16:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hmm. Some chennai bhp-ians are itching for a weekend drive. And if we could meet at a place equidistant from Blore, Hyd and Chennai, that would be good. The weekend of 30-31Aug sounds good to me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks