Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2008, 21:57   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Lets do it again!!
Gogi,

This time bet you #$% I will surely make it man. The pictures made me hungry man.

WHEN ?
Old 13th September 2008, 22:04   #137
BHPian

god just looking at all the food is making me salivate here.i think i need to pack a few friends and head off for a food fiesta tomorrow evening here.
Old 13th September 2008, 22:27   #138

Quote:
They are devoured in no time. Cyrus for all his food talk is also discovered to be a Chiketarian. Only eggs and chicken.

Yes Yes I admit!!! I Love only Chicks.....umm...Chickens!!

Anyone noticed, im going bald!! Maybe i will start a thread on how not to go bald or something!
Old 13th September 2008, 23:48   #139
BHPian

Nice report and pics!
I would love to go again these pics have just made me hungry after my dinner !
Old 14th September 2008, 00:02   #140
BHPian

Quote:
I hereby offer my report and few pics. Few because it was raining all the while from the time we started the trail, sometimes quite strongly, thus making it very difficult for me to take pics.
A FEW pics! Wow! I counted a total of 66 in the report. How many pics for one night out would qualify as more than a few?

Amazingly well written and compiled pictorial report. Has made me hungry just reading it - though I suspect just seeing some of the pictures have caused my cholesterol levels to bump up a bit . Also the pictorial description of the making of the typical stuff like baida roti et al was very thoughtful.
Old 14th September 2008, 09:35   #141
BHPian

First class report gogibhai
A+
we even learnt how to make baida roti.

food was superb and the company more so.
hope for a new trp soon.
Old 14th September 2008, 11:01   #142
BHPian

Fantastic,

You guys have had a roaring night.
Great pics, greater write-up. Thanks for everything.
This is one occasion which demands the cliche "Wish I was there".

I got my US visa in the morning, though I was standing outside the consulate at 0600 hrs in the morning, my thoughts were all about the meet which I had missed because of this appointment.

When is the next one?

I have a question though. Though the place seems to be crawling with foodies, would it be wise to take the family along for a night's splurge? Seeing all the pics, wifey darling wants some of the goodies from BM and MM. Was wondering if I should take them there or whether I should pack up a little bit of everything and bring it back home to eat (I don't like the second option very much as it takes the pleasure out of eating in that ambience). Maybe I may go tonight - but then tonight's Visarjan night. By the time I reach BM/MM my appetite would have built up sufficiently and by the time I reach back home "khana hajam ho gaya hoga".
Old 14th September 2008, 11:44   #143
BANNED

Gogs,

Rocking pics and amazing report as usual. Had a blast that night even though we didn't eat much(limited veggie choice) but no issues it was the company that made the entire night a blast.

Finally got a chance to meet up with Sohail for the 1st time. Am game for round 2 anytime.

Viper
Old 14th September 2008, 12:21   #144
BHPian

Great pics Gogi sir.

You have an amazing knack of describing food. Even though a lot of us were not able to join you, your posts paint a vivid description of what we missed :(

I'll definitely be joining your next food trail. By the way, what were the damages? This food definitely would have been excellent value for money.
Old 14th September 2008, 13:14   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Great pics Gogi sir.

I'll definitely be joining your next food trail. By the way, what were the damages? This food definitely would have been excellent value for money.
this part is doubtful
Gogibhai paid for all the non veg food , viper for the veg
gogi is large hearted but its not fair

though we tried keeping track of his payments and then made sure to pay him back (after splitting the total), im sure hes paid more out of his own pocket.
p.S i made a miscalcuation : All non veg guys ;we owe gogi 75rs more than what was said (still im sure gogi may have paid more)

next time we should be sure of contributing before we start(i.e making one member the bank and then letting him pay for the entire journey)

However yes on the whole the trip was real value for money.(cheap if i may say so)

The last place we stopped(minara masjid) for tikkas though was a rip off- im glad gogi made sure we had the best of stuff in different places first ,before coming here.-

the tikkas could have been much better-
im sure BM would have much better ones(only they were over when we got there)

The Minara masjid lane is overhyped due to celebrity/tourist visits, Prices depend on the type of people ordering ( looking at our cameras and excitment i bet we were taken to be soft targets)

My cousin who was there on the other hand had a better experience since he already knew the going rates.
I am making a trip down there mself with him to refamiliarize myself with the correct rates this season

the problem in this galli is that there are a lot of tables put out in various establishments
You are fooled into thinking that the food is gonna be served from that establishement , however this is not the case
Most of the stuff you order like gurda ,kaleji, bhuna,bheja,kabura and teetars come from neighbouring speciality stalls.
if you were to go there in the first place you would find a much cheaper price

Sweets from noorani or suleman usman however are VFM and at a fixed price.

Last edited by Magma : 14th September 2008 at 13:30.
Old 14th September 2008, 14:14   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow an excellent food guide to Ramzan. Great report Gogi.

However
Quote:
The veggies, mostly spiced mashed potatoes are cooked on a tawa and enveloped in two bum like round nans.
What a description!!

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 14th September 2008 at 14:15.
Old 14th September 2008, 15:19   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...bum like round nans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
What a description!!
Whooops!!
My bad. I meant "bun". printer's devil became. sorry, But im sure you all knew that and understood. In short had a great time. Sam, you should've been there.
Old 14th September 2008, 15:53   #148
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pics V-16 bhai. Food looks just awesome and the company looked even better . I consider myself unlucky for not being able to participate in this meet, but like promised, I will be the first one to arrive at the next Mumbai meet, whenever it is. Could you edit the one of the photos to point out who's who?
Old 14th September 2008, 17:23   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Awesome pics V-16 bhai. Food looks just awesome and the company looked even better . I consider myself unlucky for not being able to participate in this meet, but like promised, I will be the first one to arrive at the next Mumbai meet, whenever it is. Could you edit the one of the photos to point out who's who?
Yea seemed like an awesome meet. Missed this one. BUt enough of meets now. We gotta get down to getting us to drive somewhere. Its been a long long time since a real good Bhp drive. Anyone want to start the ball rolling.???
Old 14th September 2008, 19:12   #150
BHPian

Gogi, thanks for the lovely pics which Rohan and myself have been seeing again and again all day. I'm sure that you'll have had a great time. How sad that the two of us couldn't make it, although we were almost there, a few kilometers away and caught up in standstill traffic.. But my mouth is still watering after seeing the pictures and I really envy you guys. Anyways, please make sure you have one more meet like this before end of Ramzan and this time "come what may" we will leave from Bandra, 3 hrs before the meeting time.

Gogi, thanks again for your considerate and persistant offer, for which Rohan and myself are very grateful to you. cheers:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks