Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2008, 00:31   #16
BHPian

im in too

Yogi sir.
Biryani in ramzan is hard to find.you will hardly see us eating that.
best biryani - gatecrash a "bohri's jaman" preferably where the caterer is M Dilawar or Gogha,
or then await IDD when i will have one of these "jamans"

Sulemans finni would be a better bet.
if someone wants teetar(small chick sized bird) we can go into the minara masjid lane.2nd left

Also bikes will be the best idea during this time.You will NOT be able to park a car in BM.

As sohail suggests saturday night would be best.Also do make sure its not on the 23rd 27th of ramzan. (its the all nighter) TOOOO crowded

Sir,the payas/nalli nihari at the end of Nagdevi street would be a much better choice than Vallibhai-this place is the next lane from sadanand
However 11.00-11.30 pm is late for payas, dont expect the best pieces at nagdevi
Old 6th September 2008, 01:35   #17

Im in. Dates please!! Also, as the official mad/fat/nosejobed/man boobed bawaji of the forum, i get the biggest pieces of chicken!!

May i suggect the Saifee Hospital Galli..Many bawas and more importantly Bawis frequent that place!!
Old 6th September 2008, 09:26   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Im in. Dates please!! Also, as the official mad/fat/nosejobed/man boobed bawaji of the forum, i get the biggest pieces of chicken!!

May i suggect the Saifee Hospital Galli..Many bawas and more importantly Bawis frequent that place!!

sir you must probably mean the saifee ambulance galli!
saifee hospital is at charni road.In that gali you will find only vada pav and sandwich
Old 6th September 2008, 15:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
as the official mad/fat/nosejobed/man boobed bawaji of the forum, i get the biggest pieces of chicken!!
Please make that, "as the official mad/fat/nosejobed/man-boobed/ gearless-scooter-driving bawaji of the forum, i get the biggest pieces of chicken!!"
Old 7th September 2008, 12:41   #20
BHPian

Sheesh- can't believe i am missing this- the bhukkad that i am. :(

Gogi sir- all the best for hunting down the location (and the recipe ) for the best biryani in town.
But frankly even i cannot recall having biryani during the holy month. (usually have had only during Bakri Eid at homes of friends/family friends or at some family function.)

All who do go, have a bite (or actually more) on my behalf please.
I will be accompanying you'll in spirit- coz the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak, literally.

Last edited by BIKeINSTEIN : 7th September 2008 at 12:49.
Old 7th September 2008, 23:31   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Please make that, "as the official mad/fat/nosejobed/man-boobed/ gearless-scooter-driving bawaji of the forum, i get the biggest pieces of chicken!!"
Make that....."as the official mad/fat/nosejobed/man-boobed/ Girlfriend's gearless-scooter-driving bawaji of the forum, i get the biggest pieces of chicken!!"

Oye guys, When are we going? Also, after seeing the "eating machine...a.k.a. president a.k.a. roni", i doubt that there will be mush left to eat for the rest of us!
Old 8th September 2008, 00:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Great, great. What enthu hoggers we have here. Im glad!!
Well it has to be a weekday so Ill coordinate with Sohail and Khanak.
Yes guys i know that Biryani is not the official Ramzan food but am actually on the lookout for the best biryani in Mumbai which has so far, eluded me.

I agree that a Bohri Janwan is the best place for Bohri Biryani fixed by Dilawer so im waiting for someone to call me (hint-hint).
Sohail, have a party for the birth of your son!!

Cyrus, you will find chicken quite scarce in the true blue ramzan eateries but you will get it around somewhere atleast.

For the veggies, be prepared to eat Paneer, Alu (in some form or the other) and eggs. Period
Old 8th September 2008, 00:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Sirji, how about holding it off till your 'special delivery' courier boys show up?
Old 8th September 2008, 00:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

I'd love to join you guys some time in the future. Have to inform in advance that at 21, I'm probably a lot younger than most of you guys. Hopefully nobody has problems with that. I'll see what dates you guys come up with and see if I can join in
Old 8th September 2008, 00:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Sirji, how about holding it off till your 'special delivery' courier boys show up?
We will go there again when you guys arrive!!
Old 8th September 2008, 01:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

Been watching this thread closely and how can I leave myself out of this food hogging. We did it last year and we'll do it again. I am in and Fireblader will join in too.
Old 8th September 2008, 11:50   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
I'd love to join you guys some time in the future. Have to inform in advance that at 21, I'm probably a lot younger than most of you guys. Hopefully nobody has problems with that. I'll see what dates you guys come up with and see if I can join in
pranavt, i am 20...so i am still younger!!

Someone call CRV!!
Old 8th September 2008, 12:00   #28
BHPian

I am in too,lets hog!
Old 8th September 2008, 12:05   #29
Team-BHP Support

There is a great photo op in this meet.

Looking forward to lots and lots of pics.
btw keep a bottle of gelusil handy.

A small word of advice to non regular meat eaters. Water. Drink lots of it as it aids digestion and keeps you in better shape.

Dont drink aerated drinks. They have some really bad calories and in no way do they work better for digestion as wrongly (IMHO) believed.
If needed you can have plain soda and of course a nice Paan.
Old 8th September 2008, 12:15   #30
BHPian

Yum Yum..The hogging meet is on.Im in if its this comin saturday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks