Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2008, 17:45   #61
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
MMMMMMJM: coffe shop? You're kidding right!

I've just gotten off the phone with NC, he's going to check with a place that is reasonably central for everyone from bombay, and for the pune mortals too. And, it matches most requirements for a tbhp meet.
More on this in a while.

manson.
Manson, the only centrally located area according to NC and his geography is Chembur!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
The place Manson was talking about is out. But he has found out another place in Chembur which I will be checking out in the evening and revert back.
See what I mean?
Old 2nd October 2008, 17:59   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post

I've just gotten off the phone with NC, he's going to check with a place that is reasonably central for everyone from bombay, and for the pune mortals too. And, it matches most requirements for a tbhp meet.
More on this in a while.

manson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
The place Manson was talking about is out. But he has found out another place in Chembur which I will be checking out in the evening and revert back.
Oye Gujju,

Check the words in bold. It was Manson who had found out all the places not me so

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Manson, the only centrally located area according to NC and his geography is Chembur!!
the above statement is not warranted

Iski sazaaa milegi - zaroor milegi
Old 2nd October 2008, 18:08   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post

See what I mean?
I second F50's statement

What's this place called ?

Cheers

M M
Old 2nd October 2008, 18:27   #64
BANNED

Hi Guys,

If in Mumbai am 100% in. May I give a suggestion considering that our better halves and other ladies are going to be there. Lets choose a slightly better venue than the Golden Moments/Sea Lord kind. Of course cost will go up but then its not every meet that the ladies attend.

What say guys. Can help in organizing if required.

Viper
Old 2nd October 2008, 21:40   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi Guys,

If in Mumbai am 100% in. Can help in organizing if required.

Viper
Glad to hear that you and Mihika are in. Yes, please suggest places along with full budget indications. We are all ears.

Quote:
May I give a suggestion considering that our better halves and other ladies are going to be there.
Most men would not dare to bring other ladies along with their better half. I salute your spirit.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 2nd October 2008 at 21:42.
Old 2nd October 2008, 22:37   #66
Senior - BHPian

Here are my 1.275326 bits.

The boat idea is a no no. Too many organization hassles (permissions etc) which none of us want, besides the coming and going issues. Also we dont want seasick people polluting our sea with their regurgitation.

I am skeptical about the number of women going to join in. Priya and me will be there for sure and shes used to my vocabulory so nothing will astonish her anymore (i hope), no, not even Ishan.

Manish i seriously doubt CCI giving you food at 200/- or anywhere close to that my friend.
I think for a decent place with decent food one should budget at least Rs 500/-
plus liquor.
Old 2nd October 2008, 23:38   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post

Manish i seriously doubt CCI giving you food at 200/- or anywhere close to that my friend.
I think for a decent place with decent food one should budget at least Rs 500/-
plus liquor.
Gogi sir, I meant that the menu rates begin at 200/- per person, the hall booking, corkage, permit and soft drinks are extra.

Will check and revert back tomorrow, as the there was a holiday today at the office. Will revert with the final rates, chinese, moghlai and club menu tomorrow.

On a lighter note: sam is very lucky, he can curse in Hindi/marathi/gujarati but jenny would never know ! sigh, some people have all the luck.
regards

M M

Last edited by mmmjgm : 2nd October 2008 at 23:39.
Old 3rd October 2008, 08:31   #68
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Glad to hear that you and Mihika are in. Yes, please suggest places along with full budget indications. We are all ears.

Most men would not dare to bring other ladies along with their better half. I salute your spirit.
Sam baba,

Am going out of town for the weekend will come up with some locations by Monday or Tuesday. Just a thought can we come up with a poll on what would be the upper limit(per head) everyone is comfortable spending for dinner alone. That would help in selection of places.

As regards the other ladies was referring to the lady members of Tbhp and friends/girlfriends of the bachelors.

Viper
Old 3rd October 2008, 09:07   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
Gogi sir, I meant that the menu rates begin at 200/- per person, the hall booking, corkage, permit and soft drinks are extra.

Will check and revert back tomorrow, as the there was a holiday today at the office. Will revert with the final rates, chinese, moghlai and club menu tomorrow.
M M
Manish,

Don't bother wasting your time as I don't think clubs will be appropriate considering too many restrictions/rules (wearing shorts/bermudas/smoking/cell phone) to name a few and lastly no dinner served after 11.00pm and you have to vacate by 11.30 as they switch off the lights. In any which way a decent menu will set us back by minimum Rs400++ even in CCI.

I think we can manage some good locations in a budget of say Rs650/-(last meet was Rs500/-). Some places that come to mind which will allow BYOB.

1> Gallops(Racecourse) - Has ample parking/good food stays open till about 1.30-2.00am
2> Shalimar Hotel(Kemps Corner) - Rooftop + AC enclosure
3> Mela(Worli)
4> Blue Sea(Worli seaface) - dont know if they will give below 750/- per head
5> Josss - Kala Ghoda

All these places should be possible in under 700/- per head provided we are at least 40-50 of us.

Don't know of too many places in the suburbs hence only suggesting these.

Viper

Last edited by viper : 3rd October 2008 at 09:09.
Old 3rd October 2008, 09:58   #70
BHPian

Gallops sounds nice, with its delayed timings. Food is also great.

Hope it works out, Clubs as most of you are aware have limitations.

There was a place very centrally located in Chembur next to Deonar bus depot, which is huge, has ample parking and is within N_C's geography.

Cheers
M M
Old 3rd October 2008, 13:22   #71
Team-BHP Support

Shalimar is an excellent suggestion.
Jigs, why don't you check with them for 50-70 people?

Joss is way into town, many will not be comfortable with that, especially the pune troops. Blue Sea is way too nice and perfect for an MM3 meet, i'm sure you will agree with me on that.

manson.
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:11   #72

another suggestion

i just had a party at copper chimney worli @750 all inclusive (except booze ofcourse) . this was for 100+ people, till 12.30midnight. they have a rule of 1000/- extra for every hr or something. the food wz at its best we had 24-26 items on the menu (6 starters , 3 main nonveg, 5 nonveg, rice/biryani, 3 kinds rotis , 3 sweetdish, 4 salad, i forget a little more, soft drinks/soda on the house). and the DJ was provided by thm free of cost. good music also i must add.
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:19   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
On a lighter note: sam is very lucky, he can curse in Hindi/marathi/gujarati but jenny would never know !
Sir,
I could curse in German. You would never know.

Blue sea has a minimum revenue model of 3 lacs.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd October 2008 at 20:35. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of postnig another consecutive post.
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:29   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Blue sea has a minimum revenue model of 3 lacs.
Is that per month ?
Old 3rd October 2008, 15:35   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Is that per month ?
lol, no smartypants, if you want Blue Sea for a party, they need a minimum revenue of 3 lacs per party.

Their place accommodates 300 people.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks