Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2008, 10:25   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

The pictures and the 'energy' in the report suggests that it was a great meet. Lots of food, cars and enthu folks.

@hrag: did you find any otr worthy trails there? any good to go there for a full fledged recee?
Old 10th November 2008, 10:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys,
Yes the meet was great jay and me joined up later but was fun.

Khan saab, hrag made sure the entire road was otr and made me follow him in the baleno
Old 10th November 2008, 10:40   #33
BANNED

Fantastic meet - hats off to Hari & Abhi for putting this together.

Some good OTR spots exist - we could do a recce once you're back. Couldn't spot any trails as such but I'm no expert at that yet. Lots of cropped area.
Old 10th November 2008, 11:00   #34
BHPian

guys please post the group photo and put a name to the faces.
Old 10th November 2008, 11:02   #35
BHPian

You guys seem to have had a great time. I'm going to stop wishing I'd been there and actually try to be there for the next meet.

Nice to know the faces behind the nicks.
Old 10th November 2008, 11:17   #36
BHPian

Bangy meets are getting better and better for sure ! In these difficult and stressful times, it is a great way to de-stress, chill out, and relax.

Kartik Kumar, Vid6639, Perez, Swift8847, Laluks, Valhalen, Nihil, Jedi Knight, RPG, and Nevertouchme - great meeting you guys for the first time.
Old 10th November 2008, 11:20   #37
Senior - BHPian

Abhi, as usual I finished the bottle?????
C'mon even Hrag was drinking with me and it was less than half of a half bottle so more like a quarter!!!
Old 10th November 2008, 11:46   #38
BANNED

Yes, there was only a quarter. Bottle, not mile.
Old 10th November 2008, 12:03   #39
Team-BHP Support

Wonderful meet guys. Was great to meet all of the known faces after a long time and also meet some new faces.

I was running a bit late and reached to the meeting point only by 7am only to find out from Akroy that his clutch/pressure plate had given way and he was running late as well and coming with Hari aka lukeskywalker.

I passed the meeting point twice as I found no cars. Later i saw a few cars and figured they would be bhpians. Akroy and Hari came along and after introductions money was collected in advance for breakfast/lunch to avoid any problems later on.

We were joined by the 2 Mclaren's later on and then Kartikkumar joined us in his swift D. The road was ok till the Nandi temple where we halted for a while. Took some snaps at the temple and while leaving we saw a wedding procession. We tried convincing Rahul that this was the best opportunity and he should tag along and get it over with since most of team-bhp already thinks he is married. But it was not to be.

After the temple we proceeded to the picnic spot for breakfast. There was a bad stretch of road till teh picnic spot but noone had any problems. Finally reached picnic spot and everyone was in attack mode. Breakfast was sumptuous. The boots of the Wagonr, Alto and Safari were used as picnic tables.

After breakfast Kartik and myself did a bit of ICE tuning in Patchyboy's Palio. Then it was time for the photoshoot. Lined up all the cars and out came the cameras and tripods. Kartik got everyone jealous with his large tripod and remote control which don't work from the range. He then resorted to 30secs timer but that involved a few dashes from the camera back to his car. The villagers thought that a film shooting was going on and Kartik was the movie director.

After that we moved towards the damn dam. The roads were really poor and it involved crossing a foot deep small water body. All cars made it through with no problems. Once at the dam we were joined by Jay and iceman. hrag had gone back to the nandi temple to fetch them as the road was very difficult and giving directions over phone was impossible due to no coverage.

After the dam the roads were much better and it was amazing fun from there on. We reached chikballapur, waited for others to join till we knew the road back to the dhaba. The dhaba was closed so decided to go to another dhaba. At this point iceman took over the wheel of my Alto as he was tired of his "stock" baleno. He could barely fit inside the car but I think he enjoyed it very much. It was like a small go-kart for him.

Finally we found a dhaba and had a nice lunch there with usual automotive talk. I had to leave a bit early as I had to catch a movie at 5pm. nevertouchme came along with me as he had to go back home for a conf call. Nice quick drive back to city and I barely made it to the movie on time.

Overall a very nice meet and Kudos to hari and abhi for organising it.

Now a few pics from my side in the next post.
Old 10th November 2008, 13:09   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hari sorry man, had to give it a miss. Thanks for those sms'es and calls I owe you one and maybe next time I should make it point to get there. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
At this point iceman took over the wheel of my Alto as he was tired of his "stock" baleno. He could barely fit inside the car but I think he enjoyed it very much. It was like a small go-kart for him.
And you expect a few thousand bhp'ians to believe that word stock .

BTW when'z the review of the not so virgin car coming up ?

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 10th November 2008 at 13:19.
Old 10th November 2008, 13:23   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
And you expect a few thousand bhp'ians to believe that word stock .
I think "stock" is in no way a reference to the car.
Amit, sorry man...couldn't resist! Will buy you a drink to make it up to you.
Old 10th November 2008, 13:44   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikkumar View Post
I propose we try and make this a fortnightly affair, with someone taking the initiative each time?

Cheers all!
completely with you on this Kartik, great snaps by the way..pity i left my camera with batteries charged at home
Old 10th November 2008, 15:01   #43
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I am guessing we should do a trip to Yelagiri again. Some awesome roads to stretch our right foot, nice ghats, pretty decent place for a stop over too. What say guys?
Old 10th November 2008, 15:18   #44
Senior - BHPian

Some pics !!

Jedi.Knight's Corolla
Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-100_4414.jpg

NH7 after Devanahalli
Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-100_4418.jpg

Landmark for Nandi Hills Turn
Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-100_4420.jpg

McLaren's Swift D
Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-100_4423.jpg

theMcLarens
Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-100_4425.jpg

L -> R: RGP, Mrs RGP, Jedi's angel, Mr & Mrs Jedi, Mrs Akroy, Perez' GF, Perez, Lukeskywalker, Swift8847, nevertouchme, BomBatt, Valhalen.282, Ravibhat, Vid6639, Mclarens
Bangalore: Breakfast meet drive report (09-11-2008)!!-100_4428.jpg
Old 10th November 2008, 15:20   #45
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Missed out the drive. Was on bullet ride to nandi hills. Hrag, were you able to recce of Off roading spots on the way? how potential is the terrain?

Dwarak

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks