Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2008, 22:56   #61
Senior - BHPian

@ Tadu
Quote:
How the hell did both your cars blow clutch on the same day? How much have these cars done?
My Optra clutch is not fried as I thought it was, the previous night while returning from the Bond movie I had ridden on half clutch on the ramp of the multi level car park and hence was getting the burnt smell, feared the worst and that is the reason I did not take the Optra for the meet.
Anyway, today I took it to Sundaram and got it checked, got a green light on it's status. Now keeping my fingers crossed, almost burnt them when I heard a new clutch costs approx 10k.
Regards,
Hari.

P.S. My car has done about 37500 on the odo.
Old 11th November 2008, 00:17   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
e.

The Alto was impressive.

Amit- you must be special to Viddy - for you are the first to be allowed a drive of that pocket's rocket!
Old 11th November 2008, 01:19   #63
BHPian

WELL as the fog has been so clearly explained let me clear my tryst with it. had to drop off sister for 7am tuitions. so was running late. i hit BIA road and i think with my line of sight my sense of direction got fogged too. i ended up stopping 5km out from BIA at the devanahalli turn off.the trip seems to have got put out well so ill talk about what i learnt. of course learnt that vid's car is very very stock. that accents can pull like mad. swifts are really born again on a nice 'clean' road. civic's can be very uncivil too considering that lals managed just fine. also learnt that 3k rpm is also sufficient for a nice wheelspin in a WagonR. but lost traction thanks to a worn tire. showed iceman that even a wagonR can take a sharp righthander on the ghats with a little coaxing at the ton. sorry icy. i was freaked by the great white swift missing a 'peed' breaker skidding and nearly backending mclaren's ride right next to me on way back. sorry dude i really wanted a photo but was dumbstruck at your speed... :-D @lalu come on brother thats a CIVIC! tarmac is a playground. put the metal to the floor and let her rip.
@vid thanks for the valuable inputs on my driving. btw your engine note is distinct so it can be made out easily. it was fantastic chasing you kartik and hari around.
@perez good fun brother chatting with you. hope you get blueraven to check that wire of your sub.
bombaat nice meeting you too. was a pleasure to watch a spark snake around so easily. i really didn't expect it. THANKS GUYS!!!
Old 11th November 2008, 08:09   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
@lalu come on brother thats a CIVIC! tarmac is a playground. put the metal to the floor and let her rip.
I am scared of high speed chases in the narrow roads here, and I dont want to RIP by ripping her there.
Old 11th November 2008, 08:46   #65
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
i was freaked by the great white swift missing a 'peed' breaker skidding and nearly backending mclaren's ride right next to me on way back. sorry dude i really wanted a photo but was dumbstruck at your speed...
Tell me about it, here I am slowing down for a "peed breaker", look into my mirrors and all I can see is tire smoke. Realizing what was about to happen, shift into 1st, dump the clutch as if I was in a drag and off I go before I get rear ended by its cousin in white .

Nikhil, on a serious note there is something wrong with your car, its dipping like crazy. Please have it checked asap.

@ laluks: I think a drive to the track should solve these problems for you .

The crazy uncles with equally crazy elantra's were sorely missed on this drive. Hope they make it to the next.
Old 11th November 2008, 09:23   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@vid thanks for the valuable inputs on my driving. btw your engine note is distinct so it can be made out easily. it was fantastic chasing you kartik and hari around.
What valuable inputs did I give? You should ask Iceman for tips, he was behind you so would have noticed. Only I think I noticed were your ORVMS were closed.
Old 11th November 2008, 09:28   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Only I think I noticed were your ORVMS were closed.
Uh Oh!!! Here we go again!!
That statement can add pages to any thread.
Old 11th November 2008, 09:32   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
What valuable inputs did I give? You should ask Iceman for tips, he was behind you so would have noticed. Only I think I noticed were your ORVMS were closed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Uh Oh!!! Here we go again!!
That statement can add pages to any thread.
so then let the games begin! Ladies and gents I now declare hunting season officially OPEN!
Old 11th November 2008, 09:45   #69
BHPian

Hey Guys, Nice pictures and good write-up. Seems you all enjoyed a lot.
Old 11th November 2008, 09:51   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
How the hell did both your cars blow clutch on the same day? How much have these cars done?
Dont know Tadu, it has done 35800km and it was fine. No shudders or problems. Infact during service 2 weeks Lokesh told, "clutch is working brilliantly". Lokesh was very upset when I took the car there. He told that he never suspected about clutch as he took 2 test drives to check it. Infact I myself never felt any issues.

yesterday took the car to Surakshaa. There removed gear box and the clutch box. 2 teeths of the pressure plate was slightly bent compared to others and that was the culprit. Changed everything now (Clutch, pressure plate, bearing, clutch cable).

Car is running smooth now. The new age clutch looked a bit different that the stock one and the number of teeths in the pressure plate was less (infact half) as it width was doubled.

Abhi
Old 11th November 2008, 10:15   #71
Senior - BHPian

Oh my god here we go..
Well buddy ask Jay and trust me on this you did not show or teach me anything about the wagonR
All it did was get me to stay away from you. That car was scary to look at there were times when we were like ouch here comes the inevitable.
Old 11th November 2008, 11:13   #72
BHPian

@Iceman THAT is the thing with the wagonr. Its a beauty. You think its gonna go but it won't and there's so much more to play with. You should see her with the boot only loaded that is FUN!! My dad used to pop 110 in 4th on the curves before mysore road construction was complete. Now he's more sedate.
@Vid Inputs were the clutch, The wheelspin among some other small things. Yeah i figured you would say that but being me I've nearly broken them 7 times. Waiting to get the internal adjust versions will use them then. I was struggling bigtime for grip in the gravel not on the tarmac.
@Mclaren you know that wasn't the first time he was about to tailend someone. Yeah i saw you run like MAD!! I saw both of you coming, decided i didn't gave enough time or power to keep on and shifted to second lane.
@Swift8847 dude you really need to check that car. Or atleast get an ABS package if it can be retrofit. It will be necessary to harness that power and do something about the tyres.
Old 11th November 2008, 12:08   #73
BHPian

Great photos and a amazing meet you guys have had, I have not attended a TBHP meet so far and am looking forward for one.
Old 11th November 2008, 12:36   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
All it did was get me to stay away from you. That car was scary to look at there were times when we were like ouch here comes the inevitable.
Ah no wonder you didn't pass. I was looking when to give way for your stock baleno in my mirrors the whole while. Didn't want to hold a quicker car back.

Anybody has more pictures?
Old 11th November 2008, 12:54   #75
BHPian

viddy no fair its not like i was in a bullockcart or something. it DOES have a stock replacement k&n which argued somewhere else. i didn't mind giving way but at the sections the overtake was attempted i didn't have scope. else i would have.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks