Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2008, 13:45   #106
BHPian

Guys, I must say that I had a truly good time and thanks to y'all that made it happen and happening.

Well, unlike the earlier meet me and a friend (Dilip, who is yet to post an intro, Dilip get moving with it) walked into Katriya at 8:30 pm, which was pretty late, thanks to the traffic that was moving at a snails pace. We had chosen not to take the car this evening, since we had made up our minds to have a drink, or 2, or 3, or 4 or and so on, and driving after that was not what we had in our minds after that.

The Hotel

Dec'2008: Hyderabad Drink Meet-venue.jpg

We entered to see a group of our fellow TeamBHPians at the porch puffing away to glory and after a round of intros we moved into the restaurant.

I am cutting this whole writing thing short since, as they say "A Picture speaks a thousand words" so here comes some pics of the gathering. Guys do spare me if I have mispelt or given you the wrong handles (hey no snickering or Dostana jokes).

Dec'2008: Hyderabad Drink Meet-intro.jpg

Dec'2008: Hyderabad Drink Meet-intro1.jpg

Dec'2008: Hyderabad Drink Meet-intro2.jpg

Dec'2008: Hyderabad Drink Meet-intro3.jpg

Dec'2008: Hyderabad Drink Meet-intro4.jpg

Dec'2008: Hyderabad Drink Meet-intro5.jpg

Dec'2008: Hyderabad Drink Meet-intro6.jpg

Dec'2008: Hyderabad Drink Meet-intro7.jpg

Dec'2008: Hyderabad Drink Meet-intro8.jpg
Old 6th December 2008, 13:48   #107
BHPian

Some more pics of the gathering

Dec'2008: Hyderabad Drink Meet-intro9.jpg

Dec'2008: Hyderabad Drink Meet-intro10.jpg

Dec'2008: Hyderabad Drink Meet-intro11.jpg

Dec'2008: Hyderabad Drink Meet-intro12.jpg

Dec'2008: Hyderabad Drink Meet-intro13.jpg

Dec'2008: Hyderabad Drink Meet-intro14.jpg

Dec'2008: Hyderabad Drink Meet-group.jpg

Dec'2008: Hyderabad Drink Meet-group1.jpg

Dec'2008: Hyderabad Drink Meet-group2.jpg
Old 6th December 2008, 14:02   #108
BHPian

Quote:
It was wonderful meeting you Amip, hope to see you regularly on the forum as well in all other future meets too.
Quote:
It was wonderful meeting you Amip, hope to see you regularly on the forum as well in all other future meets too.
Good morning everyone (oh is it afternoon already?!:-)) I must say that I had a great time meeting all of you last evening - like I mentioned to Avi, my apprehensions were completely unfounded - and how! Felt like I already knew everyone.

Karan - hope you reahed home Ok.
Old 6th December 2008, 15:27   #109

Hey Eveybody!

The meet was absolutely cool and awesome! My first one and I found it so easy to gel with everyone present. Repeating myself from last evening. "It was a pleasure meeting each and everyone of you guys."
Looking forward to the trip in January and hey, somebody post the pics! Am in the midst of some work at office now, so will write more later.

cheers againcheers:
Old 6th December 2008, 16:35   #110
BHPian

Wow!!! So many joined after I left. Well I had some other commitment around 9 so had to leave. I can see that you guys had a great time. I envy you guys. Though it was the first and short time I spent with you guys, like amip has mentioned, I did not feel out of place and felt like I knew you guys for a very long time.

Chetan, Avinash, Ram, Praveen, Naveen, Rajesh, Srikanth, Karan, Arun - It was great meeting you guys in person.

Suren, Amit_D, Amip, devnull, mitesh, dilip - sorry couldnt meet you. Hope to meet you during the next meet/drive.

Avi mentioned that the next drive would be during 3rd or 4th week of Jan 09. Looking forward for it already.

bye,
Sivakuru
Old 6th December 2008, 18:16   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Suren, thanks a ton for those lovely pictures and most importantly for adding the handles on each pic

Can we see some more that we took when we stepped out and also very keen to see hillram car pictures
Old 6th December 2008, 22:13   #112
BHPian

Booked a Fiesta ZXi 2 hours ago.

Guys, just booked a Fiesta ZXi at Fortune Ford just 2 hours ago. Just wanted to share the news with my new friends(T-BHP Hyd). Going over to the godown or Yard tomorrow to check out the colors. Will keep you posted.

@suren Thanks for the pictures, considering we had a drinks too many, the pictures turned out well. I was able to show my wife that there was really a meet with other motorheads.

@mobike I second that, it definately was nice to see the pics and show it to my better half. The call handle's on the pictures made my life easy when I was showing who was who.

@Amit, likewise. Looking forward to the Jan drive. Its probably not going to be that long a wait.

@Sivakuru sorry man, I could not get the call handle right. It was nice to meet you as well. Next time we all get to spend more time with each other.
Old 7th December 2008, 00:40   #113
Senior - BHPian

Absolutly a wonderful evening and it was good to see the regular folks.
And a hearty welcome to AmiP who looks to be the first Lady TeamBhpian I have met.
FK is proving to be a regular joint now,but we should have the next meet at a Pub.
Let the spirits (lol) continue !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 7th December 2008, 09:37   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Wow!!! So many joined after I left. Well I had some other commitment around 9 so had to leave. I can see that you guys had a great time. I envy you guys. Though it was the first and short time I spent with you guys, like amip has mentioned, I did not feel out of place and felt like I knew you guys for a very long time.

Avi mentioned that the next drive would be during 3rd or 4th week of Jan 09. Looking forward for it already
You bet my dear friend, everyone pull up your socks and be ready for a drive meet around that timecheers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Guys, just booked a Fiesta ZXi at Fortune Ford just 2 hours ago. Just wanted to share the news with my new friends(T-BHP Hyd). Going over to the godown or Yard tomorrow to check out the colors. Will keep you posted.
Congrats for the new car. Which color are you picking up? If the blue as in 1.6S is there, it would be a very striking color. Else, White with black alloys can also turn out to be a sure shot killer.

Look forward to pictures and initial report as soon as you get the car.
Old 7th December 2008, 10:28   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Chetan, Congratulations!!!!. Keep us updated about the color, delivery and ofcourse with the pics etc.
Old 7th December 2008, 10:30   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, just booked a Fiesta ZXi at Fortune Ford just 2 hours ago. Just wanted to share the news with my new friends(T-BHP Hyd). Going over to the godown or Yard tomorrow to check out the colors. Will keep you posted
Hey - congratulations Downsouth! When do you get delivery?
Old 7th December 2008, 11:23   #117
BHPian

@mobike008

The blue in 1.6S is not available in the lower-end models. Know what, the offer is only on the colors which dont move fast so white is not being offered, I am looking at some other options going to their warehouse today and checking out the offers.
Old 7th December 2008, 16:20   #118
BHPian

eerm , i think its a Sunday as i type , i think its afternoon , i think im sitting in front of my comp , i think ive reached home safe and back to my senses . just don't remember the stranger i had beside me whilst driving back home . there were 2 at the back as well and i remember thinking to myself I'm being abducted , but they decided to harass the auto drivers and got down before i had a panic attack.

prior to this , i remember a big yellow thing strutting its lines in front of my car , i remember a vehicle with only 2 wheels and HUGE mirrors. Now why would one need mirrors when he's got enough on his mind to try and balance a two-wheeled vehicle!!! . Oh and there was a red-striped helmet plonked on a person's head. I hope my imagination aint deceiving me and it was actually a Woman on T-BHP!!!!! So I smiled, said “hi, how u doing” .I met up with the master in the family as well and he was as pleasant as the woman. Was nice to meet you both

Moving further back into the past, there was a blue beauty with the right amount of curves, but she didn’t speak my language .She was trying to chat me up with Japanese written all over her wings!!!.Alas i gave up and resorted to enjoying my ciggie with 2 6-footers standing beside me. I thought the blue wonder gave me a complex and now I had 2 blokes smoking away doing the same. Sigh!

Walking backwards, i met up with Mr Romanov. Being a cocktail waiter myself , im sure i never met this chap ever before. Why would i bother with him when Mr Smirnoff was always present to give me company, But lo and behold, everyone deserted him after a certain mobike(a 2 legged chap but with 4 wheels. Don’t confuse yourself) alienated Mr Romanov and convinced everyone to mingle with Mr Bacardi!.Alas , i was once again left alone with a foreigner i cant interact with. Oh! And there was some chicken and mutton to munch on , but i was sure that these things were moving around in my plate!!!.It’s all Mr Romanov's fault.

The rest is history, all i did was say "hi" to everyone and plant my seat on the bench thinking about the 2 wheeled balancing wonder, the Japanese speaking blue beauty and the Russian ruffian that made my head spin around.

PS: i aint checked my car yet, hope i dropped off the passenger i had .

Until next time ....... Ive got enough to think about and a lot more languages to pick up!
Old 7th December 2008, 16:52   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

@Arun, i am that you haven't returned to a sober stage !!!

Jokes apart, cool write-up

OT: Folks, i posted some better pictures of i10 on my thread.

Do check it out cheers:
Old 7th December 2008, 17:34   #120
BHPian

Hey all,
What a great meet it was! Although I had a tough time getting to it (what with monstrous Hyd traffic), the end result was worth it. Sorry I had to leave early on that night because of some obligations, but not before I had an absolutely chilled out evening with you folks. Truly, a fine set of people you all are.

Cheers,
Devnull (Rahul)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks