Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 10:43   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Btw, Ram you described me in some exotic words in your report. Hope it's not some choicest gaalis in French...LOL
Lol Avi.
Maitre de Maison - Chieftain
Raison d'etre - Reason to be.
Old 13th November 2009, 11:50   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I absolutely loved the sizzler at Yoko's. Me and Venu were digging into it with wild abandon. I can vouch for that because Venu was not interested in speaking even a word until his sizzler got over. Venu, it was sumptious wasn't it?
Yep, you're darn right----it was ze best I've had so far! I feel like going there again.
Old 13th November 2009, 15:35   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Lol Avi.
Maitre de Maison - Chieftain
Raison d'etre - Reason to be.
Wow, Wow & Bow, Bow
Old 13th November 2009, 18:57   #94
BHPian

Sizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzle, thats what I hear now. YOKO's here I come, not now but Monday. No one mentioned, how much was the overall cost?
Old 13th November 2009, 22:24   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Sizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzle, thats what I hear now. YOKO's here I come, not now but Monday. No one mentioned, how much was the overall cost?
Around Rs 360 per head, inclusive of tips, mocktails and dessert!

BTW, is that 1+1 offer on sizzliers open even for weekend lunches?
Old 13th November 2009, 22:31   #96
BHPian

Reagarding the 22nd meet, why not start from the ORR and go directly from there? Wider roads, Less traffic and ultimately flexibility to click picks on the go
Just a sugession.
Old 14th November 2009, 11:39   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Reagarding the 22nd meet, why not start from the ORR and go directly from there? Wider roads, Less traffic and ultimately flexibility to click picks on the go
Just a sugession.
Opp. S.D. Eye hospital would be one meeting point. A.P.P.A. circle would be the next (and last) meeting point. People who want to drive on the ORR are welcome to join in there. There might be other minor meeting points set up between people living in the vicinity eg. Begumpet, Basheerbagh etc.

Cheers,
Old 14th November 2009, 13:17   #98
BHPian

Arre, Tum log bhi naa. You guys just kicked up my appetite a few notches. Now where do I get some steaks/sizzlers at a BOBBYing distance in Secunderabad. Yatri Nivas, I am not much of a fan of. Though their Indian fare is pretty good.

Kwalitys Grill & Curry are losing out on their flavor too in the recent times. The last time I asked for Fish and Chips their portions compared to Sazio, or nearly so.

Guys spell out a few names, you owe that to me.

Last edited by suren181 : 14th November 2009 at 13:19.
Old 14th November 2009, 13:59   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just a sugession.
I'd prefer the ORR anyday. I drove down to Chilkur last month and took the Langerhouz route while going and the ORR on the return. The ORR route was around 7 to 8 kms longer, but stress free, and the driving time remained the same.

The Langerhouz flyover was still under construction and it was a pain to drive in the narrow lane beside it---it is often a bottleneck. This apart, the number of inhabitants on the road from Golconda to APPA Jn via Shadan college has gone up quite a bit over the past few years, and it is no longer a breeze to drive on that route.
Old 14th November 2009, 15:16   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I'd prefer the ORR anyday. I drove down to Chilkur last month and took the Langerhouz route while going and the ORR on the return. The ORR route was around 7 to 8 kms longer, but stress free, and the driving time remained the same.

The Langerhouz flyover was still under construction and it was a pain to drive in the narrow lane beside it---it is often a bottleneck. This apart, the number of inhabitants on the road from Golconda to APPA Jn via Shadan college has gone up quite a bit over the past few years, and it is no longer a breeze to drive on that route.
Actually, I had the following route in mind - Begumpet, Somajiguda, Rd. No.1 B. Hills, JNTU, Masab Tank, S.D. Eye hospital, Mandar etc. Tolichowki, Left onto O.R.R. @ Gachibowli, A.P.P.A. right onto Vikarabad Rd.

Langar Houz is not only avoidable, if possible I would bomb the bloody place out of existence.

Cheers,

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 14th November 2009 at 15:17.
Old 14th November 2009, 15:34   #101
BHPian

I've been on the ORR N number of times but don't exactly know the names of the junctions, My bad :(
Is it the junction which connects directly to the vikarabad road?
Old 15th November 2009, 01:13   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Arre, Tum log bhi naa. You guys just kicked up my appetite a few notches. Now where do I get some steaks/sizzlers at a BOBBYing distance in Secunderabad. Yatri Nivas, I am not much of a fan of. Though their Indian fare is pretty good.

Kwalitys Grill & Curry are losing out on their flavor too in the recent times. The last time I asked for Fish and Chips their portions compared to Sazio, or nearly so.

Guys spell out a few names, you owe that to me.
Suren, Sec'bad is not known for sizzlers or good NV food. For that you need to dig out those small joints that you can only from visiting them with an experimental mind. I recommend the following in your vicinity :-

1. Reshmi ( top of the list)
2. 36 Barbeque near HDFC Bank in Paradise has a daily b'bque lunch for a fixed price

3. Garden at clock tower

4. Pickles

5. Did you try the cloud 9 Bar and Restuarant adjacent to ICICI Bank next to Begumpet Airport? Good Food. Their Kheema Biryani is awesome

6. Bar One,at Tadbund also serves awesome food. Try their Tandoori Chicken, i would say one of the best in city.

For sizzlers you need to head towards the posh areas like B.Hills and J.Hills

Quote:
I've been on the ORR N number of times but don't exactly know the names of the junctions, My bad :(
Is it the junction which connects directly to the vikarabad road?
When you take the langerhouz road and come across a circle take left which leads you on to the bridge and Police Academy. After that P.A you will come across this huge circle and this will be second point of meeting for all folks.

I am going to be waiting for folks at 1st meeting point which is S.D Eye Hospital or thereabouts

Nov 22nd Confirmed Names
Drive Meet: Vikarabad Lake
Time: 8:30AM
Meeting Venue: Sarojini Devi Eye Hospital, Masab Tank
1. Mobike008
2. Ravvendra
3. Zen91
4. Pulsar56
5. Ardy
6. Hillram
7. Fordmanchau
8. Arjuna
9. Anurag_p80
10. Getsurya
11. Vnabhi (tentative--affected by kirkiri virus)!
12. Nosfreak(Will be coming on Unicorn)
13. Swordfish ( Tentative)
14. KoW

It's really sad to see the fervor and enthusiam dying. Wake up guys and come on for this drive.

Cheers !!!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 15th November 2009 at 01:14.
Old 15th November 2009, 10:35   #103
BHPian

Spoke to a friend of mine whose college is on the vikarabad route (jbit). Got to know where exactly this APPA junction is. By what time do you guys want me to be there at APPA junction?
Old 15th November 2009, 10:50   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
By what time do you guys want me to be there at APPA junction?
I would have said 9:00AM. But, going by past experience and also that day being a sunday, 9:30AM should be a good time for you to reach APPA Junction.
Old 15th November 2009, 10:54   #105
BHPian

I'll most probably meet you guys at SD eye hospital, If by any chance i get late, I'll meet you guys directly at APPA junction.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks