Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2009, 11:04   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Spoke to a friend of mine whose college is on the vikarabad route (jbit). Got to know where exactly this APPA junction is. By what time do you guys want me to be there at APPA junction?
If you were carrying yummy stuff for breakfast, you can be there by 8.30 and most of us will let our tummies lead us to you by that time.

However, if you are carrying elixir, come anytime you want - the gang will wait for you!

Cheers,

P.S. Just joking - Please be at APPA circle by 9.30. It is always a good idea to carry the mobile numbers of a few of the 'confirmed' so that you can co-ordinate on the road.
Old 15th November 2009, 11:07   #107
BHPian

I was about to ask that question regarding the mobile numbers, I'll pm you regarding that.
Old 15th November 2009, 11:30   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ravvs, what do we do about grub since that route has only one hotel who is hell bent on fleecing people?

As discussed at Yoko's, Can we consider either of this option

1. Is it possible that you pick up food for everyone and we will split the dough when we meet?

2. Do you think we can do Pot luck? Everyone makes 1-2 dishes and gets them in good quantities?
Old 15th November 2009, 15:16   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
@Ravvs, what do we do about grub since that route has only one hotel who is hell bent on fleecing people?

As discussed at Yoko's, Can we consider either of this option

1. Is it possible that you pick up food for everyone and we will split the dough when we meet?

2. Do you think we can do Pot luck? Everyone makes 1-2 dishes and gets them in good quantities?
Another problem with that eating place is that it is closer to Hyderabad than to Vikarabad!

Option 2 sounds delicious but, how many of us are willing to sleep in the cars for the night? This option has a probable consequence of getting ourselves 'tadipaar' i.e. banished from the house.

Option 1 sounds more feasible: Pick up dry foods i.e. Veg. sandwiches, veg. puffs and maybe samosas and rolls too. Suggestions and volunteers welcome. This will be cost effective and convenient.

Cheers,
Old 15th November 2009, 15:24   #110
BHPian

Option 1 sounds better. Vikarabad route doesnt have any hotels on the way, Last time when i went there, There was a dhaba kind of thing but the place isn,t good, Food also wasn't good.
I guess sandwiches, samosas and other stuff do the job as ravvs mentioned.

Looks like I'm the only under 20 guy attending the meet
Old 15th November 2009, 15:35   #111
Senior - BHPian

Raveendra..Banished is the right word,if we ask our better halves to prepare something.Lets not get into it and order Sanwiches,Samosas,Rolls.
There is Roll On counter opened near my house and he makes Rolls till 10pm.I could ask him to pack the last hour and pick up and im sure they will be in consumable state the following day.
Veg Rolls cost Rs.26 and Non-Veg Rolls about Rs.40.I can volunteer to bring some,if one lets me know the exact number of Veg and non-Veg rolls.
Btw the Rolls are very good.
Old 15th November 2009, 16:36   #112
Senior - BHPian

Preparations for the Drive Meet - 1 week ahead

Guys..Since its only a week left for the Vikarababad Drive on 22nd,I decided to start gathering all the Sporting equipment.So this morning,I gathered all the bounty for a dry run.
  • Arms & Ammunition - Brought out the Air Rifle and Air Pistol and neatly oiled and polished then turret,barrel,springs and triggers.Fitted a Bushnell Scope on the Air Rifle and zeroed it.Ammo check done after firing few test pellets on terrace.Need to buy some more imported Ammo as the desi pellets fly in a parabolic fashion.All I need is a few Targets for my Crosshairs !!!
  • Bow and Arrow Kit : Since last time,we saw many Willian Tells and Arjuna try my Bow and Arrow,its the Arrows which got rogered most..precisely the Arrow Heads.Tomorrow planning to get few arrow heads fabricated.Polished the bow and adjusted the apertures,arms and Strings.
  • Fishing Kit and Tackle Box : Need a major stock up here.Baits,Leads,Weights,Nylons and Fish feed.Planning to go to Begum Bazar on Tuesday evening to buy all the Fishing requirements.Do i sound Fishy?
  • RC Aerodelling Kit : Took out 2 RC Helicopters and charged the batteries and flew them in the afternoon.They gave a 15 Minute Flying time,before Hillram Jr.took controls of one of the copters and crashed it into a Fern Tree.So will bring the only survivng one to Vikarabad Drive.
This time I wanna propose that we play some Rugby.Whay say guys?

While Raveendra is handling the Food package (though I volunteered for the Rolls),others may pitch in with suggestions for newer activities.

Finally,Are we wearing the Black T-Bhp T-Shirts for the drive? My vote goes YES for this.

Leaving with a pic of the Sporting Equipment that is in store for 22nd Nov
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad: Nov'09/Dec'09 Meets-p3110011.jpg  

Last edited by hillram : 15th November 2009 at 16:41.
Old 15th November 2009, 16:43   #113
BHPian

I don't have a TBHP T-shirt :(
Can some one get one for me?
Old 15th November 2009, 16:48   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't have a TBHP T-shirt :(
Can some one get one for me?
I guess you will have to wait until we get the next bacth done.
We had procured for our Last Vikarabad Drive in Mar 09.
Old 15th November 2009, 16:54   #115
BHPian

By when can I expect the next batch of T-BHP T-shirts to come out?
Old 15th November 2009, 19:45   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like I'm the only under 20 guy attending the meet
Yup. You would be the youngest. Since other members like Rider 60 and Furiousphinx have crossed 20 a couple of years ago, i think.

Most of the members are early,mid and late 30's. But dont let that be a deterrent as none of us act our age

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Veg Rolls cost Rs.26 and Non-Veg Rolls about Rs.40.I can volunteer to bring some,if one lets me know the exact number of Veg and non-Veg rolls. Btw the Rolls are very good.
Ram, that's a good idea. But, keeping the beverage consumption at noon in mind and hunger pangs after that. We need a combination of food that can take those hunger pangs.

This guy starts late in morning? Can't he make it fresh at 9:00AM and deliver to us as i can see atleast 3/head to be made which makes the count to 50 or more.

I can also volunteer to bring something if someone outlines WHAT that would be....LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Guys..Since its only a week left for the Vikarababad Drive on 22nd,I decided to start gathering all the Sporting 0equipment.So this morning,I gathered all the bounty for a dry run.
This time I wanna propose that we play some Rugby.Whay say guys?

While Raveendra is handling the Food package (though I volunteered for the Rolls),others may pitch in with suggestions for newer activities.

Finally,Are we wearing the Black T-Bhp T-Shirts for the drive? My vote goes YES for this.

Leaving with a pic of the Sporting Equipment that is in store for 22nd Nov
Great thought of posting the teaser. Atleast i hope now folks know the fun in store. How about our desi sport of Kabbadi?

I am all set for the TBHP t-shirts. However, i am tired of that black color and i think its high time we come up with a new t-shirt soon.

I am game to make this happen. And, i recommend a reversal of colors. white t-shirt with black letterings. What say?

Quote:
By when can I expect the next batch of T-BHP T-shirts to come out?
Dude. There is no formal issuance of t-shirts. It's just a bunch of enthusiasts ( some 35 BHPian's in Hyderabad) who had showed interest and got t-shirts done up. Btw, we are the FIRST on entire TBHP to have got t-shirts done...Please clap !!!!!

We'll come up with next batch very soon. So confirm you name then for same.

Cheerio !!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 15th November 2009 at 19:47.
Old 15th November 2009, 20:10   #117
BHPian

Way to go hyderabady BHPian's
Count me in for the next bunch of BHPians who are getting the T-shirts done.
Old 15th November 2009, 20:51   #118
Senior - BHPian

Roll on counter opens only by 10.30am,hence we need to get the stuff done previous night only.

Avi.Lets work on reversal of the colours for T-Shirts.
Can we go back to the same Vendor who did the last T-Shirts.
Do we want a different logos? Perhaps Nikhil (Traveloholic)could design few logos for us.

Last edited by hillram : 15th November 2009 at 20:53.
Old 15th November 2009, 20:55   #119
BHPian

Will rolls be eatable till the next day?
Old 15th November 2009, 22:19   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will rolls be eatable till the next day?
Trick is to buy in the night and refrigerate them. Then put them in the car in the morning so that they are at room temp. by the time we eat them.

Quote:
Yup. You would be the youngest. Since other members like Rider 60 and Furiousphinx have crossed 20 a couple of years ago, i think.

Most of the members are early,mid and late 30's. But dont let that be a deterrent as none of us act our age ?
You forgot that Suren is the youngest closely followed by me. With us two teenagers around (he is 16 and I am 18 - notice I am of 'legal age'!) there is bound to be plenty of action around.

Quote:
I can also volunteer to bring something if someone outlines WHAT that would be....LOL
Do not worry we will think of something, what about rolls / burgers from King & Cardinal or its twin? Perhaps some Lukmi?

Quote:
I am all set for the TBHP t-shirts. However, i am tired of that black color and i think its high time we come up with a new t-shirt soon.

I am game to make this happen. And, i recommend a reversal of colors. white t-shirt with black letterings. What say?
White T shirts. Instead of black lettering which tends to look faded after one wash - what about Blue (dark) or maroon lettering? If black lettering is cheaper - let us stick to black lettering.

Quote:
Dude. There is no formal issuance of t-shirts. It's just a bunch of enthusiasts ( some 35 BHPian's in Hyderabad) who had showed interest and got t-shirts done up. Btw, we are the FIRST on entire TBHP to have got t-shirts done...Please clap !!!!!
Minor correction here - we are the FIRST and ONLY.

Let the confirmations roll in. Food quantities can be decided only after that. I would think something in the order of 1 Lukmi + 1 sandwich / burger + 1 roll + 1 puff + 1 brownie / slice of plum cake just might keep our hunger pangs at bay. Of course we just might consume about one tonne of potato chips etc. while we get to lunch!

NB. Guys let your confirmations come in fast else, you might have to go hungry that day.

Cheers,
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks