Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2014, 17:53   #61
BHPian

Re: T-BHP Bhubaneshwar Chapter (Meets/Discussions/Drive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonubbsr View Post
Well, I personally prefer SKY Automobiles, good service quality, the best part is, its fast and your car wont be in the queue for long. I've not spotted a blue ritz with tbhp stickers yet!
I have a Silver Ritz and A blue M800 Type 1, with tbhp stickers, and as far as meeting up is concerned, anytime, anyplace is fine for me, and its true, finding bhpians in bbsr is a bit difficult :P
You are right, Brother. Last time I had serviced the Ritz at Angul. They had put excess Engine Oil in our Diesel Ritz. This time I personally intend to stay at the workshop. Hope they empty the entire Engine oil Sump and Transmission Oil Sump. Silver Ritzs are rare in Bhubaneswar and I might just meet you someday if you have TEAM BHP stickers on your car.
Old 12th October 2014, 18:02   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Well, its been almost an year, but is that MM550 still available??
I would love to have a look at it.
Well Brother If you like Peugeot Diesels, There is a Maruti Zen Diesel Peugeot TUD5 at SKY TRUE VALUE Patia. I have also seen a Maruti Esteem TUD5 at Narayani True Value. You may get a Peugeot tuD5 there. The Mahindra MM550 has the same Peugeot Engine as these cars. These Engines have a reputation of running for 4,00,000 kms before a major rebuild. They lack turbo chargers which makes them easy to maintain. But be careful I have just seen the vehicles from outside and have no idea of their past. Our neighbor next door owns a Zen Diesel that makes a lot a sound in the morning, enough to wake us up, we do not need an alarm clock.
Old 13th October 2014, 08:12   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4nkshaft View Post
@adit, sonu and ashis, looks like we are now four people strong! Nice number to have a meet. How about a drive to satkoshia gorge sometime down the line? Or you can suggest other places too.

And how's the weather now? I came back to Kolkata, and shall reach bbsr on Monday. Is the rain going on?

One more thing, does any of you own a white punto with "got bhp?" On rear bumper? I see one in tcs parking almost everyday...
Well, Does anyone of you own a Blue Swift ZXI with Team BHP stickers? Just spotted the vehicle near my flat. I think the owner lives in VIM Sailashree Vihar. Next time I will invite him to the meet.
Old 14th October 2014, 08:27   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit mishra View Post
Well, Does anyone of you own a Blue Swift ZXI with Team BHP stickers? Just spotted the vehicle near my flat. I think the owner lives in VIM Sailashree Vihar. Next time I will invite him to the meet.
I know the person with the blue swift, he doesn't stay in Bhubaneswar, he is in Mumbai and comes here sometimes, I met him thanks to the stickers at a A.S.S., is a complete car enthusiast.
As far as the drive to Satakosia is concerned, lets have a hang out some day, sometime fast, first, and then we can decide on a drive.
4 members strong, and I'm getting positive vibes about a bhp-group in Bhubaneswar already
Old 14th October 2014, 08:41   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Well Brother If you like Peugeot Diesels, There is a Maruti Zen Diesel Peugeot TUD5 at SKY TRUE VALUE Patia. I have also seen a Maruti Esteem TUD5 at Narayani True Value. You may get a Peugeot tuD5 there. The Mahindra MM550 has the same Peugeot Engine as these cars. These Engines have a reputation of running for 4,00,000 kms before a major rebuild. They lack turbo chargers which makes them easy to maintain. But be careful I have just seen the vehicles from outside and have no idea of their past. Our neighbor next door owns a Zen Diesel that makes a lot a sound in the morning, enough to wake us up, we do not need an alarm clock.
Zen Diesel! No thank you, Maruti back then had a reputation of murdering their diesels so bad, that Swift diesel actually took sometime to pick up sales when they launched it, compared to their petrol engines!
Also, I'd prefer MM550, more for the butch exteriors and commanding road presence than anything else
Old 14th October 2014, 12:02   #66
BHPian

Quote:
I know the person with the blue swift, he doesn't stay in Bhubaneswar, he is in Mumbai and comes here sometimes, I met him thanks to the stickers at a A.S.S., is a complete car enthusiast.
As far as the drive to Satakosia is concerned, lets have a hang out some day, sometime fast, first, and then we can decide on a drive.
4 members strong, and I'm getting positive vibes about a bhp-group in Bhubaneswar already
Yes it is evident from the way he maintains his Swift. It would be great to include him in our group. You have to plan the meeting. Even I am looking forward to such a get-together. Any place in Bhubaneswar is good for a meet. Lets chalk out a plan before the Satkosia drive. I agree with you on the MM550 point. But do you think it would be feasible to maintain such a vehicle unless you have lots of parking space and good contacts with a reputed garage? I think you should consider a Maruti Gypsy. One of the best vehicles from the Maruti Stable. Yes, it looks great and you get that "HEAVY" feel inside. I would love to own one anyday.
Old 14th October 2014, 12:07   #67
BHPian

Agreed. How about this Saturday? I'd leave the spot to you guys, but please make it a drive, and not just a meet, however short it may be.. pleeeeease? :-D I'm game for dhabalgiri.. that's not far is it?
Old 19th October 2014, 12:34   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed. How about this Saturday? I'd leave the spot to you guys, but please make it a drive, and not just a meet, however short it may be.. pleeeeease? :-D I'm game for dhabalgiri.. that's not far is it?
Yes, we must arrange a short drive. I am new to Bhubaneswar, Please post your phone numbers so that we can arrange a meet conveniently. Most people as me never come online unless necessary So having phone numbers can surely help when preparing for an IMPROMPTU meet anytime, anywhere. Today I met another Team Bhpian, He owns a White Chevrolet Aveo, I did not speak to him, because he seemed busy, But next time I will invite him too. I urge every TEAM BHPian in Bhubaneswar to come forward for a MEGA MEET. Imagine a convoy of TEAM BHPians on Bhubaneswar roads would inspire more people to join this wonderful community.
Old 19th October 2014, 12:47   #69
BHPian

Let us all plan a date and location. I suppose that all of us stay at Bhubaneswar. So let us fix a date well in advance so that everyone can plan conveniently. my phone number is 8270812093
Old 19th October 2014, 15:09   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, I personally prefer SKY Automobiles, good service quality, the best part is, its fast and your car wont be in the queue for long.
Nice to know that SKY is doing well in BBSR. I visited the Cuttack branch around 4 years back and was informed by their manager that they were also opening a branch in BBSR.

Quote:
. How about a drive to satkoshia gorge sometime down the line? Or you can suggest other places too.
You've stirred nostalgia within me. I have fond memories of our drive to Tikarpara and overnight stay in the late 60s. I wonder if that place has still managed to retain its charm.

Quote:
Thanks Brother, I will give the car at Sky Automobiles as soon as possible. The cyclonic storm has crippled life in Bhubaneswar. It is close to my flat in Chandrasekharpur. Khandagiri is very far from here. My hopes of a Team BHPians meet in Bhubaneswar are high.
Where is SKY Automobiles located in BBSR? Somewhere near NALCO HQ?
Old 19th October 2014, 17:41   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Nice to know that SKY is doing well in BBSR. I visited the Cuttack branch around 4 years back and was informed by their manager that they were also opening a branch in BBSR.

You've stirred nostalgia within me. I have fond memories of our drive to Tikarpara and overnight stay in the late 60s. I wonder if that place has still managed to retain its charm.

Where is SKY Automobiles located in BBSR? Somewhere near NALCO HQ?
Sky Automobiles Service Station is located near KIIT Square, just take the road straight from Nalco Square/Kalinga Hospitals Square towards Nandankanan Zoo. Sky Automobiles is located near Big Bazaar Patia. Today I had planned to service my vehicle but there was a long queue. Monday is the day to visit Sky Auto.
Old 21st October 2014, 21:29   #72
BHPian

ATTENTION!!! TEAM BHPians in Bhubaneswar. Owners of Maruti Diesel vehicles must select the proper Engine oil for their vehicles. Always select an engine oil bearing API-C_ standard engine oil for your vehicles. Please confirm the C letter before using the oil in your vehicle. API C_ standards are only suitable for diesel cars. Multi grade engine oils must be avoided at any cost. Use of a diesel specific engine oil is a necessity for Diesel engines.
Old 24th October 2014, 21:25   #73
BHPian

Quote:
ATTENTION!!! TEAM BHPians in Bhubaneswar. Owners of Maruti Diesel vehicles must select the proper Engine oil for their vehicles. Always select an engine oil bearing API-C_ standard engine oil for your vehicles. Please confirm the C letter before using the oil in your vehicle. API C_ standards are only suitable for diesel cars. Multi grade engine oils must be avoided at any cost. Use of a diesel specific engine oil is a necessity for Diesel engines.
This is for all the Diesel Maruti owners irrespective of the place. You must use a 15W40 API CF4/ CH4/ CI4 Grade of Engine Oil in your vehicles depending upon the age of the vehicle.

Make sure that they are not using a 20W40 API CF4 Engine Oil as it is not suitable for Engines which have a Turbo Charger attached to it. This oil is an old generation oil for diesel vehicles which were Euro I or Euro II compliant without a Turbo Charger attached to the Engine. DO NOT JUST SEE THE "API C_" SPECIFICATION ONLY.....PLZ CHECK THE GRADE OF ENGINE OIL TO BE A 15W40 or else you would be inviting trouble brothers.

However, Maruti now has shifted gears and recommends usage of a 5W30 or a 5W40 Engine Oil in all their petrol & Diesel vehicles. These grades are available in Mineral, Semi-Synthetic & Fully Synthetic Categories and you can choose your Engine Oil that you want to use at the given M.A.S.S.
Old 25th October 2014, 07:55   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
This is for all the Diesel Maruti owners irrespective of the place. You must use a 15W40 API CF4/ CH4/ CI4 Grade of Engine Oil in your vehicles depending upon the age of the vehicle.

Make sure that they are not using a 20W40 API CF4 Engine Oil as it is not suitable for Engines which have a Turbo Charger attached to it. This oil is an old generation oil for diesel vehicles which were Euro I or Euro II compliant without a Turbo Charger attached to the Engine. DO NOT JUST SEE THE "API C_" SPECIFICATION ONLY.....PLZ CHECK THE GRADE OF ENGINE OIL TO BE A 15W40 or else you would be inviting trouble brothers.

However, Maruti now has shifted gears and recommends usage of a 5W30 or a 5W40 Engine Oil in all their petrol & Diesel vehicles. These grades are available in Mineral, Semi-Synthetic & Fully Synthetic Categories and you can choose your Engine Oil that you want to use at the given M.A.S.S.
you are absolutely correct. But lately I have noticed some people are using Total 5000 15w40 multigrade engine oil in Diesel Swift. These cars mostly belong to people outside Bhubaneswar. My cousin's swift diesel makes more sound than my ritz diesel because he uses Total 5000 in his vehicle. But why are oils that do not have API C_ standards allowed by the Indian Government to be marketed as Diesel Engine oils? For example Total 5000 is not an API C_ standards oil but still it is printed on the pack that it can be used in diesel cars. And API CF grade oil is the MGDO 15w40 Castrol. Shell and Mobil 1 are dreams for a swift Diesel in Bhubaneswar. No one uses them here. We are still ages behind our lucky counterparts in other parts of India.
Old 25th October 2014, 12:05   #75
BHPian

Quote:
you are absolutely correct. But lately I have noticed some people are using Total 5000 15w40 multigrade engine oil in Diesel Swift. These cars mostly belong to people outside Bhubaneswar. My cousin's swift diesel makes more sound than my ritz diesel because he uses Total 5000 in his vehicle. But why are oils that do not have API C_ standards allowed by the Indian Government to be marketed as Diesel Engine oils? For example Total 5000 is not an API C_ standards oil but still it is printed on the pack that it can be used in diesel cars. And API CF grade oil is the MGDO 15w40 Castrol. Shell and Mobil 1 are dreams for a swift Diesel in Bhubaneswar. No one uses them here. We are still ages behind our lucky counterparts in other parts of India.
Hi Adit,

There nothing that the Indian Government can do in this. It's us as customers who have to be educated on such subject matters so that we are not fooled by the people of this unorganized industry.

I had a Swift Dzire, the 1st in Kolkata when it was launched and I continuously used a MOTUL 5W40 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil in that vehicle over a span of 5 Years with No Issues what-so-ever. The Engine Always sounded like new and fresh with minimal diesel sound & vibration on low & high speeds. The quieter the diesel engine, the better. I guess the Oil your cousin is using must be heavier in Genre resulting in the Car to be noisier than yours.

However, I suppose usage of a Semi Synthetic 5W30/ 5W40 in Marutis with Fiat Diesel Engines are the best to use for optimum performance. Try It !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks