Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2012, 19:30   #2641
Senior - BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Maverick79 has played the role of the Headmaster in 2-3 of our meets. He takes attendances, makes sure we have not missed or left anyone at any location. Last time, he had put all names in an excel sheet along with mobile numbers and was conducting proper attendance at the conglomeration point.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 21:32   #2642
BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

12th Feb Pavana Dam meet.

Meeting point: Chandni Chawk then Talegaon toll naka.
Meeting time: 8:30AM

Confirmed:
1.Swanand Inamdar
2.Monaro CV8
3 nawalsingal
4. Nandu Chitnis
5. dot - Civic
6. selfdrive +1 child. - Nano
7. Subodh ( vehicle - depends on what Monaro or Swanand or dot gets. Going to jump into either one of their vehicles)
8. Racer_x + 1. - BumbleBee (Swift)
9. Mikon - Vento
10.W.A.G.7 - Micra
11.SankalpDesai - Punto 90hp (Bullet)
12.Ironshark
13.Throttleking - Tata Safari 2.2VTT
14.Ajay Satpute; Vista
15.shridhar.s.i, my ride is Dark Angel (Swift Lxi, Azure Grey),
16.F150
17.Himanshu Athalye - Etios
18.Maulik - GP90HP - Driving from Kothrud (Any body wants a ride??)
19.Maverick
20. siddheshb - Samara
21.Guderian
22. Amey

Tentative:
Canpush, Polo Petrol
Sajo - Swift
ObsessedByFiat - Figo - (If my kid is keeping well will make it, else will have to give this trip a pass.)
MandarMax - Fiesta
kpbhatt + 3 ( wife +2 kids) -- Indigo LS.
Rahul Sinha (+1) - Cruze
Ashish Dalvi - Laura
fiat_tarun - Zen
Turboholic - Baleno
Amogh - Punto
vkaul - Jetta / i20
Ayedongivadam (as narrated by F150)
amit_w_lele

Sudharshan + 2 (irene) are not able to make it. just recd a sms. therefore have taken his name off the tentative list.
Old 9th February 2012, 21:51   #2643
BHPian

Hey guys! Membership got approved just a couple of days back!
Am i late to join? Is the list finalized? If not, I would like to be a part of Tapri meet guys!
In : Polo Tdi
Old 9th February 2012, 22:19   #2644
Senior - BHPian

Hello guys, is this a full day event? I would also like to be a part of this drive but full day would not be possible.
Old 9th February 2012, 23:52   #2645
BHPian

I am in for the meet. Will confirm if the family is also joining me.
Old 10th February 2012, 01:08   #2646
BHPian

Hey coriollis and shipnil, u can still register in the list and no this is not a full day meet, we plan to have it as a half day trip
And finally what i want to know is the final plan and the route decided, can we close this open item now, only 2 days left guys
shridhar.s.i is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 01:24   #2647
BHPian

UPDATED LIST

12th Feb Pavana Dam meet.

Meeting point: Chandni Chawk then Talegaon toll naka.
Meeting time: 8:30AM

Confirmed:
1.Swanand Inamdar
2.Monaro CV8
3 nawalsingal
4. Nandu Chitnis
5. dot - Civic
6. selfdrive +1 child. - Nano
7. Subodh ( vehicle - depends on what Monaro or Swanand or dot gets. Going to jump into either one of their vehicles)
8. Racer_x + 1. - BumbleBee (Swift)
9. Mikon - Vento
10.W.A.G.7 - Micra
11.SankalpDesai - Punto 90hp (Bullet)
12.Ironshark
13.Throttleking - Tata Safari 2.2VTT
14.Ajay Satpute; Vista
15.shridhar.s.i, my ride is Dark Angel (Swift Lxi, Azure Grey),
16.F150
17.Himanshu Athalye - Etios
18.Maulik - GP90HP - Driving from Kothrud (Any body wants a ride??)
19.Maverick
20. siddheshb - Samara
21.Guderian
22. Amey
23. kpbhatt + 3 ( wife +2 kids) -- Indigo LS.

Tentative:
coriollis - polo TDI
shipnil -
Canpush, Polo Petrol
Sajo - Swift
ObsessedByFiat - Figo - (If my kid is keeping well will make it, else will have to give this trip a pass.)
MandarMax - Fiesta
Rahul Sinha (+1) - Cruze
Ashish Dalvi - Laura
fiat_tarun - Zen
Turboholic - Baleno
Amogh - Punto
vkaul - Jetta / i20
Ayedongivadam (as narrated by F150)
amit_w_lele
kevinephraim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 01:54   #2648
BHPian

This is going to be fun... we should take a group photo, and I wish there was some way to get a group photo of the rides too Samara got a nice body wax this Saturday, so she's already preening!

How about a dress code, guys? Something like black tshirts with jeans? Will help point out "illegitimate" cars in the convoy!

On a more serious note, I am assuming we start off from Chandni Chowk at 830 am. Chief Organizers, please let us know who's the final designated Headmaster - so we can PM him our numbers. And make sure everyone gets a final confirmed copy of the route...

By the way, I can take a couple folks in my Endy... will be starting from Aundh, but catch up the convoy at CC.

Eager to make this trip.. and I hope it's the first of many to come!
Old 10th February 2012, 08:49   #2649
Team-BHP Support

Here's a small suggestion. Separate the list below in order to create smaller groups of people classified by their cars. It would be easier to do a roll call before departure and get a count of cars:

Something like this:

Chandni Chowk group:

Laura:
- Swanand -Kothrud
- selfdrive - Bhusari colony

Lancer:
- Amey - Swargate
- NAV75 - Bavdhan

Fortuner:
- Monaro CV8 - Tokyo

Again, chandni chowk at 0830 am on a Sunday morning is nightmare to park since there are at least a dozen biker groups of 20 each, parked and ready to ride to different destinations. I suggest we wait a little before Chandni chowk to make it easier. See the map below for details:

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-plan.jpg

We'll meet here only if everyone agrees. Bottom line is to simply avoid congesting Chandni chowk bridge with so many cars and people. Disadvantage is the lack of chai tapris around the meeting point.

My confirmation is still pending. I'll confirm only by Saturday afternoon.
moralfibre is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 09:04   #2650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb
This is going to be fun... we should take a group photo, and I wish there was some way to get a group photo of the rides too Samara got a nice body wax this Saturday, so she's already preening!

How about a dress code, guys? Something like black tshirts with jeans? Will help point out "illegitimate" cars in the convoy!

On a more serious note, I am assuming we start off from Chandni Chowk at 830 am. Chief Organizers, please let us know who's the final designated Headmaster - so we can PM him our numbers. And make sure everyone gets a final confirmed copy of the route...

By the way, I can take a couple folks in my Endy... will be starting from Aundh, but catch up the convoy at CC.

Eager to make this trip.. and I hope it's the first of many to come!
+ 1 to that. Let's be in black t shirt and blue jeans!!! The uniform dress code will look real cool!

Confirmed guys from PCMC, let's exchange numbers. We'll gather at Bajaj gate at 8:00 am so that we'll reach talegaon toll naka by 8:30.
Old 10th February 2012, 09:05   #2651
BHPian

^^
Haa Haa..
Kiran, that cracked me up - Tokyo..
You mean Tokyo Drift shtyle ?

But seriously, thats a very good idea.
Let the meeting point be @Cafe Coffee day - the one on paud road, just before that flyover on NH4 (above).
There's ample parking space too.

And the 2nd vantage point shall be 1st Toll naka on Old NH4, as described by Throttleking.

People, the route map and the itinerary has been discussed in the earlier posts.
Monaro CV8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 10:14   #2652
Senior - BHPian

Is there anyone starting from Pimple Saudagar area and can give me a ride? Currently I am in the tentative list and would like to see itinerary before confirming for the drive. Thanks!
Old 10th February 2012, 10:32   #2653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Lancer:
- Amey - Swargate
- NAV75 - Bavdhan
Oh, just one correction. I'm coming on my own vehicle, most probably a motorcycle (I hope that will be fine with the group).
Old 10th February 2012, 10:39   #2654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Amey what happened to the Lancer?
Sagar (ThrottleKing) for the co-ordinator - Mod for the day
Hope you have most of the numbers..
The engine was rebuilt recently since the valves were bent thanks to idler pulley bolt breaking and causing timing belt slack and you know what happens next.
Changed the valves, running in the car, completed 1000-1500 Kms running with 3 oil changes and things are looking good atleast now.

Had to go through 2 unexpected setbacks which cost me time and money that's why I was keeping my fingers crossed that everything should work well.

She is running good till date and most probably I will be getting her to the drive.

MF got a small drive couple of days back, he is sort of 'aware' of what she is capable of now.

Quote:
Hey guys! Membership got approved just a couple of days back!
Am i late to join? Is the list finalized? If not, I would like to be a part of Tapri meet guys!
In : Polo Tdi
Quote:
Hello guys, is this a full day event? I would also like to be a part of this drive but full day would not be possible.
Ofcourse you can join guys, its not an official company meet or an invite only activity/event. Its a casual meet of like minded people going for a drive,that's all.
The confirmation list is purely for the purpose of informing interested members as to who all is coming so you can all gather at a point and proceed.

Bottomline is, its not mandatory to mention your name in the list and all, even if you manage to decide on coming very late, you know the venue and meeting points so just be there at the designated time and if possible convey your attendance to atleast one member via PM,SMS anything.

As for the duration, it is totally dependant on how much time you wish to spend, if you wish to leave mid way due to prior commitments, its fine mate. There have been instances when people have come to meet everyone at the meeting point and left.So its all good. You can decide when you want to leave, no compulsions here.

Quote:
I don't like uniforms,therefore I beg to differ.
On a serious note, in my opinion, let's not give this too much of a organized look,dresscode and all. The basic idea is that like minded people come together and have fun and have nice enjoyable drive.
Aren't we all observing enough 'codes' in our regular life anyway ?
Just my opinion though.

Quote:
Here's a small suggestion. Separate the list below in order to create smaller groups of people classified by their cars. It would be easier to do a roll call before departure and get a count of cars:

Something like this:

Chandni Chowk group:

Laura:
- Swanand -Kothrud
- selfdrive - Bhusari colony

Lancer:
- Amey - Swargate
- NAV75 - Bavdhan

Fortuner:
- Monaro CV8 - Tokyo

Again, chandni chowk at 0830 am on a Sunday morning is nightmare to park since there are at least a dozen biker groups of 20 each, parked and ready to ride to different destinations. I suggest we wait a little before Chandni chowk to make it easier. See the map below for details:

Attachment 885176

We'll meet here only if everyone agrees. Bottom line is to simply avoid congesting Chandni chowk bridge with so many cars and people. Disadvantage is the lack of chai tapris around the meeting point.

My confirmation is still pending. I'll confirm only by Saturday afternoon.
Me likes this idea.
Also the meeting point you suggested is spot on,infact I was wondering of a different meeting point because of the space constraints on Chandni Chowk,good you suggested this.
'Confirmation is still pending' - LOSER!
You are a D'BHPian and ideally should be sort of the 'torch bearer' or something like that, leading the way and all you see
Shobhat nahi ho tumhala.
Amey is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 10:43   #2655
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
'Confirmation is still pending' - LOSER!
You are a D'BHPian and ideally should be sort of the 'torch bearer' or something like that, leading the way and all you see
Shobhat nahi ho tumhala.
Ok, I hereby confirm my attendance for the meet. Passenger with Amey. Will get a torch along as well.

Amey's Lancer:
Amey
moralfibre

Throttle King's bus:
Throttle king - diver
?? - Keener

Nav75's bike:
Nav75

nawalsinghal's Polo:
- nawalsinghal
- nanduchitnis

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th February 2012 at 10:45.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks