Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2012, 13:58   #2536
BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawalsingal View Post
Definitely, more the merrier, , Plan your route through Google maps. Avoid entering thane/ kalyan city limits after taking left from Ghodbunder Junction & take sheel phata Mumbra byepass route. Saves you a lot of time. Hope to see you on 12th .

BTW, where do you stay in A'bad? My brother stays in Prahalad Nagar & we can meet when I am there.
Hey Nawal. I am put up at Ghodbunder road. I have shifted to Navi Mumbai for a job. Will be here for a while. I am staying at Ghatlodia in Ahmedabad. We will probably coming via Vashi bridge, and connect to the Mumbai - Pune Express highway. Exit at Lonavala and meet at 1st Talegaon Tolnaka. Do let me know if I am missing out something. Any people from Mumbai joining in?
Old 1st February 2012, 14:01   #2537
BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
Yes I was behind your safari in the black punto . We bought a house in Waters Edge , we'll be neighbours now . We bought E 1101 .
Wow, now i have t-bhpian as a neighbor. when is the possession?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
Yup...it is a scary car! 0-100 in 100 seconds!
ha ha ha Magnum doing 0-100 in 100 seconds, you always dreamed about that right? BTW will miss you this time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Meeting past the first toll naka is a great idea as there is lot of space for parking.
Yes there is enough parking space, and a restaurant "Urban Tadka"!!!
Old 1st February 2012, 14:30   #2538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @tombum View Post
Exit at Lonavala and meet at 1st Talegaon Tolnaka. Do let me know if I am missing out something. Any people from Mumbai joining in?
You have a couple of options, 1st, instead of lonavala, take Dehuroad exit(Left side,Immediately after second toll on E-Way, leads you directly to Talegaon toll Naka Don't cross Toll Naka, stop before the toll).

Second one: Join directly at Pawana Dam/ Sunny's Dhaba At Lonavala, as we'll be proceeding Back towards Lonavala after meeting at Talegaon, Saves time for you but you miss the FUN of driving along TBHP group.
Take your pick.
Old 1st February 2012, 15:37   #2539
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @tombum View Post
Hey Nawal. I am put up at Ghodbunder road. I have shifted to Navi Mumbai for a job. Will be here for a while. I am staying at Ghatlodia in Ahmedabad. We will probably coming via Vashi bridge, and connect to the Mumbai - Pune Express highway. Exit at Lonavala and meet at 1st Talegaon Tolnaka. Do let me know if I am missing out something. Any people from Mumbai joining in?
I'm in the tentative list as of now. If I do come, I'd be going directly to Pawna dam to meet up with the rest.
Old 1st February 2012, 20:42   #2540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the venue has been decided. Its Sunny's. The route is Pune- Kamshet- Pavna- Lonavala- Sunny's.
Folks,
Can I come and play too ?
Shall be my endeavour to join in.....
Need timing of the meet...besides directions !
Will pick it up from dot duly.

Last edited by Guderian : 1st February 2012 at 20:45.
Old 1st February 2012, 21:19   #2541
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Folks,
HG, you are already listed as a joinee, so sure, please come and play. Since we are a bit unsure of the road condition from Kamshet to Pavna, please bring your tow rope too (not kidding). That will be reassuring.
Old 1st February 2012, 22:59   #2542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Folks,
Shall be my endeavour to join in.....
Need timing of the meet...besides directions !
Will pick it up from dot duly.
Oh i thought you had a Fortuner. Ok Bad Joke.

Folks,
I might also be able to join in on 12th. Keeping my fingers crossed. Not yet putting my name either in confirmed or tentative list.
Old 2nd February 2012, 13:11   #2543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HG, you are already listed as a joinee, so sure, please come and play. Since we are a bit unsure of the road condition from Kamshet to Pavna, please bring your tow rope too (not kidding). That will be reassuring.
Thanks dot. Tow rope permamnently in the vehicle. But of course hopefully it shall never be required...as c'mon the roads ain't that bad, neither is there a trace of a water droplet on the roads these days. Now serious - I am not sure about that patch - is it some kind of a trail or something ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Oh i thought you had a Fortuner. Ok Bad Joke.
Oh - I have heard that umpteen number of times now.
Yeah, I rue using the word endeavour in my sentences these days ! But sometimes it just slips.
Try and make it Amit !
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:31   #2544
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Ok. Here's a potential dampener from my side regarding my availability for the meet.

‎62 Olive ridley hatchlings crawl out towards the vastness of the Arabian Sea at Maral. this morning.

Nesting begins again with a renewed vigor. Nests at Velas, Guhagar and Maral in quick succession post a small delay due to delayed winter.

So am now keeping a closer eye on the hatching at Velas that may happen on 12th feb, in which case, I'd be there in Velas instead.

Let me see what transpires.

As of now, they haven't yet announced the dates for the Turtle festival at Velas.
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:41   #2545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Ok. Here's a potential dampener from my side regarding my availability for the meet.
Dude, they deserve some privacy
Dont become paparazzi for them in their infancy
Come to Pawana and take pics of us with anvancy

Sad rhymes apart, how do you know if they will be out on the 12th? Whose ear on the ground is giving the updates? Just checking so that we can also stay informed.
Old 2nd February 2012, 21:09   #2546
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Dude, they deserve some privacy
Dont become paparazzi for them in their infancy
Come to Pawana and take pics of us with anvancy

Sad rhymes apart, how do you know if they will be out on the 12th? Whose ear on the ground is giving the updates? Just checking so that we can also stay informed.

That's an amazing rhyme. Loved it.
Anyway, we don't know whether they'll hatch on 12th. Hence I'm watching their space closely. The egg laying stated last december itself and those eggs are relocated along the coast in batches in various beaches by Sahyadri Nisarga Mitra. Normally, the eggs take 55 to 60 days to hatch from the time they are laid. So the first batch that was relocated to Maral almost 2 months back seems to have hatched and the baby olive ridley turtles crawled to the sea.
Based on the hatching pattern, the Sahyadri Nisarga Mitra will announce the turtle festival at Velas. Till now they've been relocating the eggs succesfully to various beaches.

Check out their website for interesting stuff about Olive Ridley turtle conservation, hatching etc and the velas festival.

Sahyadri Nisarga Mitra, India - Marine turtle, Vulture, Whitebellied Sea Eagle, Indian Swiftlet, Konkan, Maharashtra

Apart from this, they also have a fb group (search for Sahyadri Nisarga Mitra) where they keep updating the status of each batch as and when they hatch / relocate etc.

And Turtles don't require privacy when they hatch. They need our support so that they can survive. I'm not in Maharashtra on 18th feb. So that leaves me with two weekends of potential hatching. the 11th/12th and the 25th/26th. Hence keeping a close watch.
MX6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 06:59   #2547
Senior - BHPian

Sure saar, I was only trying a sneaky way to get you to the meet!
Thanks for the info, I will keep an eye out as well and see if I can make some time in my sorry little life to attend this. Or take time out to volunteer some help maybe.
Old 3rd February 2012, 14:01   #2548
Senior - BHPian

So, after all the "yes" and "nos", what's the current status of the meet? How many are 'in' and how many are 'out' ?
Old 3rd February 2012, 16:02   #2549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
So, after all the "yes" and "nos", what's the current status of the meet? How many are 'in' and how many are 'out' ?
, Here is the last known confirmed and tentative list.

12th Feb Pavana Dam meet.

Meeting point: Chandni Chawk then Talegaon toll naka.
Meeting time: 8:30AM

Confirmed:
1. Swanand Inamdar
2. Monaro CV8, please update vehicle - Japanese model
3. nawalsingal
4. Ayedongivadam
5. dot - Civic
6. selfdrive +1. Jazz if back from service
7. Subodh ( vehicle - depends on what Monaro or Swanand or dot gets. Going to jump into either one of their vehicles)
8. Racer_x + 1. Honda City/BumbleBee (Swift) depending on the road conditions
9. Mikon - Vento
10. W.A.G.7 - Micra
11. SankalpDesai - Punto 90hp (Bullet)
12. Ironshark

Tentative:
1. Ajay Satpute; Vista
2. MX6 + 2 - Ford Ikon - Keeping an eye on the Velas festival / Olive Ridley Turtle hatching season. If that happens, then I'd be in Harihareshwar and Velas for the same.
3. Canpush, Polo Petrol
4. Sudarshan + 2 with -- Irene
5. siddheshb - Samara
6. Sajo - Swift
7. ObsessedByFiat - Figo - (If my kid is keeping well will make it, else will have to give this trip a pass.)
8. MandarMax - Fiesta
9. Maverick79 - Manza QJT. ( Best efforts not to slip to Kalti list this time atleast )
10. Nanduchitnis + 1 - Honda City (White Angel of Desire)
11. kpbhatt + 3 ( wife +2 kids) -- Indigo LS.
12. Herr Guderian
13.F150 - Swift D
14. Rahul Sinha (+1) - Cruze
15. Ashish Dalvi - Laura
16. Himanshu Athalye - Etios
17. fiat_tarun - Zen
18. Amey - Lancer (keeping fingers crossed) / Vento TDi
19. Turboholic - Baleno
20. Amogh - Punto
21. vkaul - Jetta / i20

Keeping my fingers crossed till the last day. Would love to make it to this meet. Am not in either confirmed or tentative but will add myself once the picture is a bit clearer regarding my joining schedule!

Last edited by kevinephraim : 3rd February 2012 at 16:16. Reason: back to back posts within 30 mins
Old 3rd February 2012, 16:36   #2550
BHPian

With the "Lancer" coming, I can't afford to miss this meet. So, I'm confirmed. Will be using my own transport, which one is not sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks