Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2011, 13:17   #1891
BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Since there have been a lot of speculations over the proposed drive, lets try and give this another last shot/ boost:

Considering that not many are interested in a day long drive or risking the Varanda ghats, a few propositions (half day's work) could be looked at:

1. A drive to Bhor-Bhatghar dam and back
2. Lavasa Drive
3. A drive upto Cafe Paradise (Mulshi Lake)
4. Bhimashankar Hills
5. Paud Road - Pavana Dam - Somatane - NH4 (this I highly recommend)
6. The beautiful deep gorge before Tamhini

Lets see if we get any interests..
Old 18th August 2011, 13:23   #1892
Senior - BHPian

re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Since there have been a lot of speculations over the proposed drive, lets try and give this another last shot/ boost:

Considering that not many are interested in a day long drive or risking the Varanda ghats, a few propositions (half day's work) could be looked at:

1. A drive to Bhor-Bhatghar dam and back
2. Lavasa Drive
3. A drive upto Cafe Paradise (Mulshi Lake)
4. Bhimashankar Hills
5. Paud Road - Pavana Dam - Somatane - NH4 (this I highly recommend)
6. The beautiful deep gorge before Tamhini

Lets see if we get any interests..

I am for 4 and 5.

Let's see how things turn out. I am free on Sunday and am planning for a day long drive. If anyone is interested and if the above does not work out, let me know :P (I know, I am being a rebel)

Edit: regarding 1. I don't think there is much to see on Bhor-Bhatgar circuit. To make it worth it one has to drive to the top of Varandha at least, and if they did de-tour or going to Tamhini would not make a difference. So IMHO, 1 is not worth it. NOM

Last edited by anilisanil : 18th August 2011 at 13:46.
Old 18th August 2011, 13:36   #1893
Senior - BHPian

I am ok for 1, 4 or 5. How are the roads there though? I am sounding like a wimp, but the Jazz is just back from a 30K service and I dont have any more piggybanks to break!

It would be great if we can finalise by tomorrow late afternoon. Otherwise one of you will have to call me on Saturday
Old 18th August 2011, 13:41   #1894
BHPian

I am ready for any spot, except 2nd one.(It was our first drive meet destination. Hence don't want to drive again).
Most probably in the confirmed list.
Old 18th August 2011, 18:49   #1895
BHPian

Looking at the votes, methinks everybody will be happy to do option 5.
coz, its nearby and roads are ok too.

@swanand - kuthes?
Old 19th August 2011, 18:15   #1896
BANNED

Shall we call off Sundays drive ? the response is so low .

no problems from my side to call it off .

Sudarshan
Old 20th August 2011, 13:40   #1897
BHPian

Seems so..We need to call off.
No issues from my side tooo..
Old 20th August 2011, 16:50   #1898
Senior - BHPian

No rains too! I agree, lets postpone
Old 20th August 2011, 20:26   #1899
dot
Senior - BHPian

Right now spending car time with family. Yesterday we were at Kaas and Thosegarh. It was beautiful. Some pics are on Scorpo thread. Tomorrow we may visit Karshid beach. Once we settle down, we will be ready for TBHP meets. I hope you all can understand. Thx
Old 22nd August 2011, 10:43   #1900
Senior - BHPian

Sorry guys, after confirming my name for the drive, I had to drop out at the last minute. Some things came up. Those on FB would know!
Anyways, the dilemma is finally over. The car has come home. Initial ownership report would be up soon.
Old 22nd August 2011, 12:01   #1901
BHPian

Sorry guys even though my name was in tentative list, I could not make it. Been travelling quite a lot in last three to four months and therefore its becoming difficult.
Old 23rd August 2011, 09:51   #1902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Sorry guys, after confirming my name for the drive, I had to drop out at the last minute. Some things came up. Those on FB would know!
Anyways, the dilemma is finally over. The car has come home. Initial ownership report would be up soon.
Congrats Swanand! Finally the dilemma is over
Happy revving.
Maverick79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2011, 09:57   #1903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I am for 4 and 5.

Let's see how things turn out. I am free on Sunday and am planning for a day long drive. If anyone is interested and if the above does not work out, let me know :P (I know, I am being a rebel)

Edit: regarding 1. I don't think there is much to see on Bhor-Bhatgar circuit. To make it worth it one has to drive to the top of Varandha at least, and if they did de-tour or going to Tamhini would not make a difference. So IMHO, 1 is not worth it. NOM
Hey Anil,

Is your offer still open? I am in Pune this Sunday and would like to join if you are going for a drive. Let me know if this works out fine.

Though I am also open for a drive to any of the above mentioned destinations, but looking at the general mood I think it might not happen.
Old 28th August 2011, 17:50   #1904
BHPian

Was there mini meet on Nda Pashan Rd today morning.Saw white vento,fortuner and indica marked with tbhp stickers near Trikaya
Old 28th August 2011, 22:46   #1905
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
Was there mini meet on Nda Pashan Rd today morning.Saw white vento,fortuner and indica marked with tbhp stickers near Trikaya
Interesting co-incidence. I wonder how three-four cars with stickers arrived at the same time and same place.

Just kidding. Sharp eyes, thanks for spotting and posting.
The fortuner was the Admiral, who was visiting Pune and he called some of his friends. So yes, it can be perhaps called a mini meet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks