Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2011, 17:30   #2041
BHPian
 
throttleking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 781
Thanked: 342 Times
Default re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

How do you guys managed to schedule a meet at Vahuman without fail in Shrawan, Ganpati and in Navratri. Its crime to eat anything else but cheese omelet at Vohuman', and I ended up having only bread butter last time :(
throttleking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 17:44   #2042
Distinguished - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,938
Thanked: 3,087 Times
Default re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
How do you guys managed to schedule a meet at Vahuman without fail in Shrawan, Ganpati and in Navratri. Its crime to eat anything else but cheese omelet at Vohuman', and I ended up having only bread butter last time :(
That too not reimbursed yet! I do have that at the back of my mind. And I work nearby, so whenever you NOM become Raavan after Shraavan is over (I guess it is!), let me know and this time your breakfast will be definitely sponsored!

I guess (hope?) the next meet will be some other place. Sorry if this sounds blasphemous, but I am bored of Cafe Vohuman. Pune must have so many other places to eat/ meet with ample parking space

By the way, I had yummy Mutton Haleem at Diamond Queen this afternoon. Only available on Mondays and Fridays though. I will try to see if we get anything else 'special' on Sunday mornings.

If we decide to eat better/ more, the next meet could be at Dorabjee for their awesome dhansak .

Or should it be misal pav? More important to meet than to eat I remind myself..

All other recommendations welcome
selfdrive is offline  
Old 3rd October 2011, 17:59   #2043
BHPian
 
mikon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 438
Thanked: 379 Times
Default re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
By the way, I had yummy Mutton Haleem at Diamond Queen this afternoon. Only available on Mondays and Fridays though. I will try to see if we get anything else 'special' on Sunday mornings.
Where is this Place? I'm game for Friday biriyani

This friday I went to Big Wheels Motoring Cafe. The place has been spruced up with tarmac parking and new menus and all. We can plan here as one of our meets. Probably a lunch or dinner meet.

I also had a word with the owner about a dinner buffet long time back. We can plan for this.
mikon is offline  
Old 3rd October 2011, 20:50   #2044
Senior - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BOM
Posts: 2,284
Thanked: 4,567 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas Ingle View Post

Posting pics of the breakfast meet...
Dude the best pics are pending! Where are the pics of the cars we took at KP?
ninjatalli is online now  
Old 3rd October 2011, 22:24   #2045
BHPian
 
Tejas Ingle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 272
Thanked: 317 Times
Default re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
@Tejas - Thanks for posting the pics and congrats on the new job. I see that you have posted this well past midnight. I hope you were able to catch the company bus in the morning for your first day in office.
Thanks for the wishes Amit. I had to post the pics before going to sleep. But I did manage to catch the bus in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
Oh and yes, Congrats on your MBIL job.Bet of luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Congrats Tejas! Wish you good luck for your new assignment.
Thanks a lot. Enjoyed the first day at MBIL .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Dude the best pics are pending! Where are the pics of the cars we took at KP?
Attaching pics. Missed a few since it was very late.
Attached Thumbnails
Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc07295res.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc07297res.jpg  

Next Tapri Meet - Pune-dsc07299res.jpg  

Tejas Ingle is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 11:45   #2046
BHPian
 
throttleking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 781
Thanked: 342 Times
Default re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
That too not reimbursed yet! I do have that at the back of my mind. And I work nearby, so whenever you NOM become Raavan after Shraavan is over (I guess it is!), let me know and this time your breakfast will be definitely sponsored!

I guess (hope?) the next meet will be some other place. Sorry if this sounds blasphemous, but I am bored of Cafe Vohuman. Pune must have so many other places to eat/ meet with ample parking space

By the way, I had yummy Mutton Haleem at Diamond Queen this afternoon. Only available on Mondays and Fridays though. I will try to see if we get anything else 'special' on Sunday mornings.

If we decide to eat better/ more, the next meet could be at Dorabjee for their awesome dhansak .

Or should it be misal pav? More important to meet than to eat I remind myself..

All other recommendations welcome

Arre no worries i keep going to Vohumans more than often. Next meet at Dorabjee sounds interesting as i have never been there. BTW where is Diamond Queen?
throttleking is offline  
Old 5th October 2011, 12:11   #2047
Distinguished - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,938
Thanked: 3,087 Times
Default re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Arre no worries i keep going to Vohumans more than often. Next meet at Dorabjee sounds interesting as i have never been there. BTW where is Diamond Queen?
Next to Silver Jubilee Motors
Diagonally opposite Aurora Towers in that chowk.
At the beginning of East Street
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2011, 15:41   #2048
Senior - BHPian
 
ninjatalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: BOM
Posts: 2,284
Thanked: 4,567 Times
Default re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

People,
How about a night drive up the Lavasa this Friday night? 12th Oct (Wednesday) is the day we'll be having a full moon, so I guess we'll have sufficient light for both the drive and taking some beautiful shots too!

So what say junta? We can have dinner (optional) and then do the trip and be back by 1-2 a.m. For people stuck up till late in office (Hinjewadi), all the more better - just take the back route via Megapolis and meet up with us at Pirangut, Paud road.
ninjatalli is online now  
Old 9th October 2011, 22:31   #2049
dot
Senior - BHPian
 
dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ban Chang
Posts: 1,681
Thanked: 717 Times
Default re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Sorry ninjatalli, no moonlighting for me!
dot is offline  
Old 10th October 2011, 23:02   #2050
BHPian
 
siddheshb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune, Panaji
Posts: 442
Thanked: 260 Times
Default re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Sounds like a lot of fun! Would love to join. Saturday night should ensure I cannot find silly reasons to drop out!
siddheshb is offline  
Old 11th October 2011, 00:53   #2051
MX6
Senior - BHPian
 
MX6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: City of seven islands.
Posts: 2,877
Thanked: 224 Times
Default re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Saturday night sounds good for me too. Count me as Tentative!
MX6 is offline  
Old 11th October 2011, 10:28   #2052
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,423
Thanked: 289 Times
Default re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

I am in!! I have got nothing better to do, indeed!!
anilisanil is offline  
Old 11th October 2011, 11:45   #2053
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,234
Thanked: 341 Times
Default re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Sorry ninjatalli - No night drives for me.

Folks enjoy the drive and get some wonderful pictures of the moon.
amitwlele is offline  
Old 11th October 2011, 13:43   #2054
BHPian
 
Racer_X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 267
Thanked: 114 Times
Default re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Can we have another breakfast meet?? No moonlight driving for me.
Racer_X is offline  
Old 12th October 2011, 16:33   #2055
MX6
Senior - BHPian
 
MX6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: City of seven islands.
Posts: 2,877
Thanked: 224 Times
Default re: Next Tapri meet in Pune-6 January 2013 Breakfast, car demos & drive) at Chandni Chowk

Guys. Why this silence?

What is the final plan? Is it breakfast on Saturday? Or is it Dinner at Lavasa? I'm all getting geared up to meet my good old friends on a drive to Lavasa.

Too bad that we don't have Anvancy with us in Pune. He's moved to Hyd.

@anilisanil. What say pal? Is it your figo or my ikon that we drive to Lavasa on a saturday night?
MX6 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks