Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2011, 14:41   #616
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcotsrinivas View Post
Avi,
Yes we can repeat the same feat but I need the total head count to check wether its possible to get the 20 Rupees AC Rooms for everyone.
Thats easy. I can predict atleast 15-18 people making it for this trip. Therefore, atleast 7-8 rooms minimum and Rs.20/room is the key priority but, we dont mind if you book rooms which are exorbitantly priced as well. For e.g Rs.100 or Rs.150 or Rs.200 etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
include october for the delhi f1. we can plan a t-bhp meet at the circuit (Am sure folks from other cities will be coming too)
I am all game for F1. However, I am on a budget of Rs.15,000. If airfare , grub and tickets come in this price. Count me in.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 15:07   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Rs.20/room is the key priority but, we dont mind if you book rooms which are exorbitantly priced as well. For e.g Rs.100 or Rs.150 or Rs.200 etc.
What?

rs20 for ac room.

TTD managed rooms hai kya? [ are the rooms managed by tirumala devshthan?].
Old 10th June 2011, 15:13   #618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
What?

rs20 for ac room.

TTD managed rooms hai kya? [ are the rooms managed by tirumala devshthan?].
Ashish bhau, you wouldnt beileve, we stayed in these rooms during our last visit and is absolutely lovely and has a great view of river flowing between two mountains.

No, they are not TTD rooms as its not Tirupathi but, Srisailam we are talking about. They are APGENCO ( Electricity Board, i think.???) employees guest house.
Old 10th June 2011, 15:14   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
we dont mind if you book rooms which are exorbitantly priced as well. For e.g Rs.100 or Rs.150 or Rs.200 etc.

I am all game for F1. However, I am on a budget of Rs.15,000. If airfare , grub and tickets come in this price. Count me in.
LOL Avi, I think you can manage F1 on that budget only if you find rooms for the above mentioned rates in Delhi!
Old 10th June 2011, 15:17   #620
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
LOL Avi, I think you can manage F1 on that budget only if you find rooms for the above mentioned rates in Delhi!
Did i mention anything about accomodation? I have 2 houses in Delhi to stay. So thats the least of my worries
Old 14th June 2011, 21:12   #621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With rains starting this month, we should plan a Srisailam drive in July-2011.
Lets get back to discussion on this drive meet!!!
Old 15th June 2011, 23:14   #622

Hello everyone!

I'm Abhinav, a medico and relatively new to hyderabad.
Looks like i've missed the recent meet by a whisker! :( great photos though!
I'd love to attend my first team-bhp meet!
Old 16th June 2011, 01:00   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealabs View Post
Hello everyone!

I'm Abhinav, a medico and relatively new to hyderabad.
Looks like i've missed the recent meet by a whisker! :( great photos though!
I'd love to attend my first team-bhp meet!
Welcome to Hyd Abhinav. Hmm , lemme brief you on some rules of Hyd Bhpian meets
  1. You dont talk about Cars unless you start the sentence with " i like the curves on that "
  2. You starve yourself of food on the day of the meet. And if you're like our favorite MOD Mobike008 , you starve from the previous night!
  3. You have to watch the movie Angrez a zillion times before you can get to grips what the majority of the crowd is wanting to say!
  4. When a meet time says 8:30am , we mean 4:30 pm ........... no seriously , never ever brake this rule, else you'll become a one time member of the crew lol!
  5. Then we have our effervescent Milecruncher at all meets . You talk to him in the 1st hour and he'd be your encyclopedia of all things in the world. Post that , quantum physics is applied on how to make ice cubes , so beware!
  6. New members bring Team-bhp stickers for all attendees , but there is a catch here. We dont pay for it nor should you!
  7. Become friends with Meenaxi . She's the opne that everyone goes back home with after every meet.
Many more but here's hoping you make it for the 1st one and figure out the rest .

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 16th June 2011 at 01:17.
Old 16th June 2011, 01:58   #624

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
  1. You dont talk about Cars unless you start the sentence with " i like the curves on that "

1. i do start most of my sentences with that phrase (not just when describing the cars)
  2. You starve yourself of food on the day of the meet. And if you're like our favorite MOD Mobike008 , you starve from the previous night!

2. I'm a veggie and starving is exact opposite to my eating lifestyle so please don't alienate me (hoping for another veggie to keep me company)
  3. You have to watch the movie Angrez a zillion times before you can get to grips what the majority of the crowd is wanting to say!

3. i watched it and had to watch a million times more to get to terms with the lingo here (i was/am new to india)
  4. When a meet time says 8:30am , we mean 4:30 pm ........... no seriously , never ever brake this rule, else you'll become a one time member of the crew lol!

4. i'm afraid i'm a very punctual guy! (as long as the meets are after 6pm as i sleep in till late afternoon)
  5. Then we have our effervescent Milecruncher at all meets . You talk to him in the 1st hour and he'd be your encyclopedia of all things in the world. Post that , quantum physics is applied on how to make ice cubes , so beware!

5. I do enjoy an odd intellectual conversation (i think...)
  6. New members bring Team-bhp stickers for all attendees , but there is a catch here. We dont pay for it nor should you!

6. seriously? i'm actually thinking of buying the $5 pack but hey if it's for free then bring it on (still hoping you weren't being sarcastic, ah well)
  7. Become friends with Meenaxi . She's the opne that everyone goes back home with after every meet.

7. so there IS some light at the end of the tunnel after all...

Many more but here's hoping you make it for the 1st one and figure out the rest .
haha! i can see the members have a good sense of humour!

are bikes allowed for meets as well? i'd love to come on my getz but sometimes if i feel the urge to come on something more exciting, like a ninja perhaps?
Old 16th June 2011, 07:32   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That was howlarious Arun!!!

To add a few more to the list

1. Please don't get confused if a discussion starts with automobiles and then veers off instantly to something and subsequently ends at a totally unrelated topic.

2. We have an eminent lawyer amongst us, so please don't scratch your head if you are answered in perfect legalese on a simple question on a simple question like where to buy X.

Now that we have scared/excited ( its generally either of the two), look forward to seeing you in the next meet.

Cheers
Old 16th June 2011, 08:05   #626
BHPian

I forgot the latest rule that was formed !

If you've got a blackberry , then
1. Get a car charger, office charger, laptop charger , body heat charger , any kind of charger ! .
2. Chant " ooooosa " the first few days to calm yourself down . The experience is overwhelming to many !
3. Learn how to be part of something yet not be at the same time. Its a skill you'll pick up out of necessity :-)
Old 16th June 2011, 11:16   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Absynthguzzler and other Hydies,

I am relatively new here on T-BHP. Though I have been following the forum since long and heard a lot about it from another member (Ctrlaltdel) who is a good friend, I have signed up only recently.

Would love to attend the next meet and meet you all folks.
Old 16th June 2011, 12:53   #628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone!I'm Abhinav, a medico and relatively new to hyderabad.
Welcome onboard. Look forward to meeting you in the next meet. Keep glued to this thread to know when and where its going to happen.

Quote:
i'd love to come on my getz but sometimes if i feel the urge to come on something more exciting, like a ninja perhaps?
You can certainly get your kwacker. Any vehicle is welcome as long as it has a minimum of 1 wheel...You may even find company of another team bhpain ( Downsouth) to ride alongside on a same bike.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
To add a few more to the list
Seems like our esteemed hydeez members have already covered the basic rules of our unique meets. Now it depends how you acclimatize to same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Though I have been following the forum since long and heard a lot about it from another member (Ctrlaltdel) who is a good friend
Oh! your a friend of him? I do remember him as a sweet chap with a similar fondness for food (quite active on food thread) and if not wrong used to drive a red colored indica vista. Pass on my hello to him. He seemed to have vanished from the forum.

Just a teaser for whats in store for you in future meets :-

Here are some pics of a BBQ Dinner meet at the lovely house of Abysnthguzzler on June 11, 2011. It was an impromptu meet but, as all our meets it was just fab.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img2011061100007.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img2011061100003.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img2011061100004.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img2011061100009.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img2011061100010.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img2011061100006.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-img2011061200018.jpg  

Old 16th June 2011, 13:17   #629
BHPian

Quote:

Oh! your a friend of him? I do remember him as a sweet chap with a similar fondness for food (quite active on food thread) and if not wrong used to drive a red colored indica vista. Pass on my hello to him. He seemed to have vanished from the forum.

Just a teaser for whats in store for you in future meets :-

Here are some pics of a BBQ Dinner meet at the lovely house of Abysnthguzzler on June 11, 2011. It was an impromptu meet but, as all our meets it was just fab.
Oh yeah. Andy is very fond of good food and we do have meets too and explore new eateries. Will pass on your hello to him.

The BBQ looks yummy. Hope to attend a meet soon.
Old 16th June 2011, 13:22   #630
BHPian

Off-Topic: Has anyone heard of the hike in Life Tax on vehicles costing over 10L in AP? I hear its going to be at par with Karnataka @ 18%. Heard this from the Skoda sales chaps. Don't know how true and when though.

Cheers,
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks