Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2011, 09:18   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
How much is the exact dough to be tendered by the attendees?

Its actually Rs.450 but, safer to contribute Rs.470/head to meet unexpected shortage as is usually in such large gathering meets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
And while on the subject of accounts, how much do I owe you on that other personal account between us?

Can I add both of them and then pay as a single amount? (will make it easier for me)!
I dont even remember sirji...So i think we can let it go whatever it was

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Just a few tips to enjoy the meet better:
  1. Please have a light breakfast
  2. Please skip lunch
  3. Even though its Friday and quite a few of you might be WFH, but still please work hard today. That will help in building up the appetite.
  4. And last but not the least, please be there at 7 PM sharp! Please don't blame mobike008 if Shikampuri's get over
1. Skipped
2. Red Bull, followed by Mango Shake if hungry
3. Fridays are generally busy even if WFH
4. Pray the lord, why is everything attirbuted to me. After all i am just the event manager (without getting paid a dime for these efforts)

P.S: Please bring in your small digicams, as I note we are displaying our hydeez laziness wherein pictures of meets are dwindling meet-on-meet.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 11:05   #587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys the day of the awesome Great Hyderabadi Nizami Cuisine Dinner Meet is here. Just a few tips to enjoy the meet better:
  1. Please have a light breakfast
  2. Please skip lunch
  3. Even though its Friday and quite a few of you might be WFH, but still please work hard today. That will help in building up the appetite.
  4. And last but not the least, please be there at 7 PM sharp! Please don't blame mobike008 if Shikampuri's get over
hehe!! Ani bhai, quite a comprehensive to do list. My replies
1. Skipped plus worked hard to clean my car in morning.
2.Can't skip, already feeling hungry but have to wait till 1 p.m
3. As of now only on TBHP since morning, but have quite a lot of work. Will start asap
4.No, please Pandeyji, don't do this, have to pick wifey from office, head home, change and come to the venue. Atleast give us half an hour extra grace time.

EDIT: Will come with a chota digicam too.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 3rd June 2011 at 11:07.
Old 3rd June 2011, 11:46   #588
BHPian

Quote:
And last but not the least, please be there at 7 PM sharp! Please don't blame mobike008 if Shikampuri's get over
Am I going to miss the Shikampur's then? Oh, Lord, Please don't do it. I am one of those unlucky ones, who WFO (Work From Office) on Friday's too.
Old 3rd June 2011, 12:10   #589
BHPian

Looking forward to meet up with the team this evening. Nizam Club is all set to greet and treat us tonight.

Two things I would like to mention here:

1. Please take the road opposit RBI/Kamat Hotel to reach the Club as the entry and exit gates of the club are changed now. Please take the left immediately after the old Indian Airlines office. The gate is exactly at the junction at Ravindra Bharati therefore this request, or else it might put you at some inconvenience if you cross it unknowingly.

2. Ask for Conference Room at the reception to reach the venue.
zen91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 12:11   #590
BHPian

And whoever gets there 1st, please pack a takeaway box with all the delicacies and chuck it into your freezer until i return from Chhattisgarh!.

Have fun everyone.
Old 3rd June 2011, 13:09   #591
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
1. Please take the road opposit RBI/Kamat Hotel to reach the Club as the entry and exit gates of the club are changed now. Please take the left immediately after the old Indian Airlines office. The gate is exactly at the junction at Ravindra Bharati therefore this request, or else it might put you at some inconvenience if you cross it unknowingly.
Good point. I knew about it as i take a u-turn their every single day after my daily jog in the park. Was suprised to see them interchange the gates which IMO, is actually a dumb idea. The previous entry and exit was the right one considering the traffic situation there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
And whoever gets there 1st, please pack a takeaway box with all the delicacies and chuck it into your freezer until i return from Chhattisgarh!. Have fun everyone.
Unfortunately, no parcels Arun. If that option was there, I would have stocked up 2 freezers. One for you and one for me

Brajesh bhai, correct me if iam wrong.
Old 3rd June 2011, 16:54   #592
Distinguished - BHPian

Hope all of you have adhered to Milecruncher's "To Do" list. Anyone who has not will suffer from indigestion next day

Now the weekend has set-in. I recommend you all pack your bags and start heading out. Considering the lovely weather situation right now, I am tempted to suggest that we should convert Nizam club dinner meet to Nizamabad Drive Meet
Old 3rd June 2011, 17:33   #593
BHPian

Its a Club, a good one and such clubs usually have a Dress Code. Is there one for this meet? Its a Friday and I am not in formals.

And yes, I would be getting a fairly big Digi Cam.

Last edited by mashmash : 3rd June 2011 at 17:41.
Old 3rd June 2011, 18:08   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Its a Club, a good one and such clubs usually have a Dress Code. Is there one for this meet? Its a Friday and I am not in formals.
BTW for the information and kind adherence of everyone, please remember the venue being a club, people are required to be in collared shirt/t-shirt and long trousers along with closed shoes only. Shorts/bermudas and round neck tees are not allowed.

As Ani said in this post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post2370079

Quote:
And yes, I would be getting a fairly big Digi Cam.
Lets convert this meet thread into Food Thread again. Lets give a visual treat to people who missed this MEAT MEET
traveloholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 18:28   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
BTW for the information and kind adherence of everyone, please remember the venue being a club, people are required to be in collared shirt/t-shirt and long trousers along with closed shoes only. Shorts/bermudas and round neck tees are not allowed.

As Ani said in this post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post2370079

Lets convert this meet thread into Food Thread again. Lets give a visual treat to people who missed this MEAT MEET
What about ladies? Do they have a dress code too?
Old 3rd June 2011, 18:31   #596
BHPian

Quote:
What about ladies? Do they have a dress code too?
I don't think so. There is no specific dress code as such. It's just that they want their members and guest to be presentable, that's the main reason why Shorts and etc aren't allowed. However, I do see a few politicos and influential guys walking in with Chappals and etc.
traveloholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2011, 01:05   #597
Senior - BHPian

Hope everyone reached home safe and sound.
Special thanks to Brajesh Bhai and Pandey ji for organising the meet.
Had lots of fun and it was so good to meet so many new people.
I am off to sleep. Photos, after I come back from office tomorrow afternoon
Old 4th June 2011, 01:29   #598
Senior - BHPian

It was a great meet.Some great Hyderabadi Food and lovely company of Team Bhpians.
+1 to Fordmanchau.Thanks to Brajesh(Zen 91) and Avinash(Mobike008) for organsing this meet.
Will leave with some pics of amazing food we had:
- Shikampur
- Pathar Gosht
- Fish Fry
- Malai Chicken Kabab
- Chicken Korma
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-1.shikampur.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-2.pathar-gosht.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-3.fish-fry.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-4.chicken-malai-kabab.jpg  

Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet-5.chicken-korma.jpg  

Last edited by hillram : 4th June 2011 at 01:32.
hillram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2011, 11:44   #599
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Special thanks to Brajesh Bhai and Pandey ji for organising the meet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Thanks to Brajesh(Zen 91) and Avinash(Mobike008) for organsing this meet.
It was my pleasure entirely. Thanks for the pics Ram and Manish do post your end of the same too soon.

Yesterday, dinner meet at Nizam club was a thumping success would be making a mild statement. Except two of the "reconfirmed" list everyone turned up for this meet.

The ambience was nice with AC's doing double duty to keep us all chilled especially since the entire hall was crowded with a bunch of noisy tbhpians

It was shocking even to me that main dishes for which this meet was organized got packed away into people's stomach blisteringly fast.

Mutton Shikampur and Patthar Ka Ghosth (30 plates in total) got over even before the evening matured into the party mode. when it was announced no more Shikampur's available, it was an almost fun sight to see the sight of disbelief on people's face. From my past recollection, I haven't seen similar expressions since the 9/11 incident in USA.

It took almost an hour for everyone to control their expressions and reluctantly everyone resigned to fate that there is no other go but, manage with regular fare like Chicken Reshmi Kebabs, Chicken Tikka, Apollo Fish et. all

This was followed by one of the best mimicry performance by Arcot Srinivas reciting dialogues from the movie "Angreez". He has a natural talent to mimic people and his strong hydeez slang was an additional key strength which made people hysterical with laughter for a good 30 minutes. Arcot, you have an alternate profession awaiting you.

It was amazing fun to meet the old and new friends and was a perfect evening filled with warmth, laughter, needling, great food and most importantly the never ending spirit of Hydeez TBHPians.

This meet came to an end around 11:45pm and after a few photoshoots outside the club, we suddenly decided to head to "Famous Ice-Cream" to satiate the need for another round of desserts. Almost everyone except Hillram and couple of more folks who headed out early made it for this round of desserts.

A few cups of Chiku, Mango and Lichee icecreams down the throat, made us all realize again why they are called what they are called ( Famous, i.e). it was a perfect way to end the evening.

A few words about the food at Nizam Club:-

If someone can fall in love with food. Then anyone who enjoys good food will fall deeply in love with Mutton Shikampur. It's one of its kind and is a signature dish of Nizam Club. As Traveloholic said, Yeh Nahi Khaya Tho Kya Khaya

Patthar Ka Ghosth was also very delectable and meat had a strong smoky flavour and was quite juicy. It was quite evident that it was stone cooked for a long time. But, in any given equation it was clearly a distant second to the Shikampur.

Fish Fry was a pleasant surprise of the evening. It was perfectly fried, non smelly and extremely good. Except that, it was slightly bland.

In vegetarian, the Cheese balls were absolutely sinful. Nice coating outside and a small bite will revealed the reason for teething cholestrol problem in our country. Overflowing cheese inside. Besides, they were served piping hot which made it even more sinful.

There were quite a few other mundane snack dishes which I wouldnt want to waste my breathe over. Not that they were bad but, just dont deserve talking about. If you know what I mean.

In the main course, the mutton biryani was a bit of a disappointment. The meat was tender and very well cooked but, the overall package lacked the "Thump"

Dum Ka Murg was delicious and cooked perfectly.

The Truffle Pudding looked so good, it could have corrupted even a non-sweet lover. No idea, how it tasted as i forgot to eat it

Overall, it was an amazing Hyderabad Cuisine experience with each dish oozing the Nizami royalty which warrants it to be safegaurded in memories for a long time.

Thanks Brajesh bhai for getting this off the planning board so quickly. Just to give you a heads-up, for the next one, we cannot wait for a year...lol

Let's pick a date 3 months down the line for the next Nizam Club Meet

P.S: Now where are the remaining pictures???

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th June 2011 at 11:51.
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2011, 17:34   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Yesterday, dinner meet at Nizam club was a thumping success.

This meet came to an end around 11:45pm and after a few photoshoots outside the club, we suddenly decided to head to "Famous Ice-Cream" to satiate the need for another round of desserts. Almost everyone except Hillram and couple of more folks who headed out early made it for this round of desserts.

A few cups of Chiku, Mango and Lichee icecreams down the throat, made us all realize again why they are called what they are called ( Famous, i.e). it was a perfect way to end the evening.
Traveloholic, Silverwood, Fleetmaster and self continued from Famous Ice Cream on a quest for a Pineapple Paan.

That accomplished, on our return we did observe Ravveendrra still at Nizam Club.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks