Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2006, 20:14   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Bangalore tbhp meet on the 7th or 8th of jan 2006? are u ready for it ?

well its been a long time since we bangy boys have met .. So i think lets get to doing what we are best known for and thats setting the roads on fire .. After the success,fun and frolly that a few bhpians had today at a go-karting track id suggest we all meet up to have another go at the track albeit this time in huge numbers.. After the session on track ( patel's inn ) as usual we head to our favourite hang around place i.e bhagini for dinner and the usual late night drives..

so hope to see all u guys out there come out of ur busy schedules and grace the ocassion with ur auspicious presence .. Specially our moderators and all the newly joined members !!!! Request u all to vote which day would suit most of you, i.e the 7th or the 8th..

Date : 7th or 8th of jan 2006..
Place : patel's inn followed by bhagini and then a drive..
Time : 4:30 pm at patel's inn..
Old 1st January 2006, 22:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

How about a report on the outing at Patel's Inn?

I should be in...
Old 2nd January 2006, 01:37   #3
BHPian

v1p3r, wuts with the signature?
mcl, sorry man, couldn't make it today. was resting my "posterior" on the bed the whole day today. too much partying yesterday.
seemed like u had a lot of fun today. waiting for your report
Old 2nd January 2006, 02:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hero, how many Esteems do you know that do over 11000 rpm? Think about it...

Mclaren, if you want us to vote, why don't you add a poll?!
Old 2nd January 2006, 04:02   #5
BHPian

12000 Rpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Hero, how many Esteems do you know that do over 11000 rpm? Think about it...

Mclaren, if you want us to vote, why don't you add a poll?!

Esteem @ 11000 rpm...
If u ask me that question I wud say none...
Tats not the point here...
Tell me wherez patels inn... or wherez the meet gonna be...
Old 2nd January 2006, 11:39   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_crazy
v1p3r, wuts with the signature?
mcl, sorry man, couldn't make it today. was resting my "posterior" on the bed the whole day today. too much partying yesterday.
seemed like u had a lot of fun today. waiting for your report
whats with his signature ??
nothing .. Thats a fact .. Btw v1p3r why 12000 only, we know it went a little more than that .. No no we are not kidding ,there certainly is an esteem which revs that high neo..

oh ya satan u better get up from ur lazy posterior this time around and get urself to the meets without ur cell phones that is ..

And for all those who do not know where patel's inn is pls get to mekhri circle underbridge and give one of us a call for directions .. Hope to see u all in good numbers ..
Old 2nd January 2006, 11:55   #7
Joz
BHPian

If its 8th (sunday), i am in.

Mclaren, see if you can speak to the guys at Patel's Inn and block a few carts at hourly rates for TBHP. Give some gyan about TBHP and how often we meet. Money to be pooled in by all present. Say if we have 4 carts for an hour, we could probably run a mini karting competition.

Just thinking alound, maybe i don't make any sense at all. Do let know whether its on 7th or 8th.
Old 2nd January 2006, 12:22   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz
Mclaren, see if you can speak to the guys at Patel's Inn and block a few carts at hourly rates for TBHP. Give some gyan about TBHP and how often we meet. Money to be pooled in by all present. Say if we have 4 carts for an hour, we could probably run a mini karting competition.
yes joz u are right.. I will speak to them and find out if there is such a facillity available for the benefit of all .. Coming to a mini-karting competition kind of a thing i guess we already did that ourselves yesterday by hiring the track with no intruders other than the tbhp gang and had a go for a good 12 laps each .. Was fun nonetheless, also figured out that a few of our members are excellent at blocking , crashing others , nudging from the back et all .. What say boys !!!!

Btw we had 8 karts running at one time yesterday on the track, so dont see a reason why we shouldnt expect the same this time around ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 2nd January 2006 at 12:24.
Old 2nd January 2006, 14:35   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
yes joz u are right.. I will speak to them and find out if there is such a facillity available for the benefit of all .. Coming to a mini-karting competition kind of a thing i guess we already did that ourselves yesterday by hiring the track with no intruders other than the tbhp gang and had a go for a good 12 laps each .. Was fun nonetheless, also figured out that a few of our members are excellent at blocking , crashing others , nudging from the back et all .. What say boys !!!!

Btw we had 8 karts running at one time yesterday on the track, so dont see a reason why we shouldnt expect the same this time around ..
Woah!!!!
Tats interesting...
12000 Rpm Esteem... Sounds unbelievable... We will talk about that when we meet... ITs very interesting..
Cart racing it is!!!!
Old 2nd January 2006, 15:52   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by general_neo
Woah!!!!
Tats interesting...
12000 Rpm Esteem... Sounds unbelievable..
lol, that's why my comment, "what's with the signature". were you looking at the rpms of 2 esteems put together? :P
Old 2nd January 2006, 16:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

How much is this going to cost?
Old 2nd January 2006, 17:10   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
How much is this going to cost?
will speak to them and get back with the details by tomorrow for sure.. I still cant see our folks replying here.. Guys get off ur lazy posteriors and sign up !!!!
Old 2nd January 2006, 19:37   #13
Senior - BHPian

I am in... but only for the night drive.. i will not come to patels inn but will definately meet up near bagini if you guys are planning to go there... let me know
Old 2nd January 2006, 22:13   #14
BANNED

bangalore's exclusive tbhp go-karting championship !!!!

ok guys .. I think this would be a great initiative to get ourselves on track and let ourselves wild.. I have spoken to the patel's inn manager and he has accepted to have a tbhp go-karting championship this coming sunday .. I have smsed most of the members that i know off and have got a tremendous response..

the charges are 1.3k for each kart for a period of 1hr .. I think thats pretty reasonable .. The rules have to be made by us as to how we wish to run the qualification and the race itself .. minimum number of karts to be rented are 5 for a race ..

guys confirmed as of now are : v1p3r , nitinbhag , shan2nu , wolf , gray , anush , his bro , psycho , general neo , joz , xtreme nos , satan crazy , myself and 3 others ..

still to confirm : speedsatya , amitoj , ajmat , samurai , s pathak and all the recently joined newbies ..

too bad that rudra wont be able to join us as he is on a north india trip ...

btw the competition will be held purely only for fun , so i dont guys to say we arent competant enough to participate
and blah blah .. Its not a professional event that we are organising here .. Its just to help us get to know each other better, and have some fun thereby making sure we are off the roads as well which could be very dangerous ..

so all u bangy boys get out and confirm ur participation .. Lets create history yet again on tbhp for being the 1st to do something hatke ...

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 2nd January 2006 at 22:16.
Old 2nd January 2006, 23:29   #15
BHPian

like i said..i got my final exams till jan 16th...if u can move the dates here or there i can join in....else i wil try to come and watch wenever i get some time..

Most Viewed