Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2011, 20:01   #61
BANNED

Re: Restoration of Premier Padmini S1 (the Special one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
I inquired about the shade today and was told that the nearest match to Royal maroon shade will be IMPERIAL MAROON shade of Premier 118NE. The colour code is 03 6505 which is a darker shade in a lot of 2. The other shade bearing the same name was a little reddish.
Now i need some urgent help regarding this. Please can anybody confirm if this would be the nearest match. DHABHAR Sir please help me out.
That color is Entirely different

Please stay away from that color.

The pigments in Imperial Maroon misses Black and Brown, so giving your car a cheap local repainted look.

Royal Maroon is very close to Burgundy , give me some time, i will give you the color code.
Old 19th May 2011, 20:09   #62
Senior - BHPian

1. Door pad hard board set - These days you get aluminium ones in Mumbai, however you will need to get this customised.

2. Body side beading/pattis with clips ( Normal ones as well as Grooved thick ones , you get both )-Singh Auto - Sion Koliwada - Mumbai,availability - Plenty

3. Glass rubber channel. (the one fitted to support the window glasses from both sides - rs 350, Easily available in Mumbai, you also get complete rubber beading for all 4 doors - Cost 700rs.

4. Dicky rubber lining. What are the alternatives - Gas pipe Rubber which is cut in half, cost 65 rs.

How is your timing chain? Get one before it runs out of stock - Roland - 800rs.
You get Lot of Sweet Trade parts as well in Opera house.

Make a list , and come down to Mumbai buddy.

Last edited by silverado : 19th May 2011 at 20:14. Reason: Spelling mistake
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 21:11   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
That color is Entirely different

Please stay away from that color.

The pigments in Imperial Maroon misses Black and Brown, so giving your car a cheap local repainted look.

Royal Maroon is very close to Burgundy , give me some time, i will give you the color code.
Thanks for pointing out the difference. I have only 1 day left for purchasing the color. Was going to buy the color tomorrow but i can postpone it to only one more day i.e. 21st morning. I hope you get the code in time. Anyways thanks a lot in advance.

BTW what color NE is this.
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration of Premier Padmini S1 (the Special one)-1272196430_90018472_1picturesofpremier118ne1272196430.jpg  

Restoration of Premier Padmini S1 (the Special one)-1272196430_90018472_4premier118nevehicles1272196430.jpg  

Last edited by samsag12 : 19th May 2011 at 21:17.
Old 19th May 2011, 21:27   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
1. Door pad hard board set - These days you get aluminium ones in Mumbai, however you will need to get this customised.

2. Body side beading/pattis with clips ( Normal ones as well as Grooved thick ones , you get both )-Singh Auto - Sion Koliwada - Mumbai,availability - Plenty

3. Glass rubber channel. (the one fitted to support the window glasses from both sides - rs 350, Easily available in Mumbai, you also get complete rubber beading for all 4 doors - Cost 700rs.

4. Dicky rubber lining. What are the alternatives - Gas pipe Rubber which is cut in half, cost 65 rs.

How is your timing chain? Get one before it runs out of stock - Roland - 800rs.
You get Lot of Sweet Trade parts as well in Opera house.

Make a list , and come down to Mumbai buddy.
Really appreciate the information that you provided silverado. It seems that Mumbai still has some Fiat/PP parts at reasonable rate though my visit is impossible.
Would be glad if anyone help me source few of these parts. Will definitely pay for the shipping along with any other charges if needed.

Parts i need are :
1. Body side beading/pattis with clips ( Grooved thick ones are welcome too)
2. Glass rubber channel. (the one fitted to support the window glasses from both sides - rs 350
3. Few ST light fittings.

Regarding the timing chain, i have a requirement for that too and i am in the process of inquiring for the same. I think the brand name is ROLON.
Old 20th May 2011, 10:35   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for pointing out the difference. I have only 1 day left for purchasing the color. Was going to buy the color tomorrow but i can postpone it to only one more day i.e. 21st morning. I hope you get the code in time. Anyways thanks a lot in advance.

BTW what color NE is this.
Can we have some pics of the finished Body Please....

Sagar, before painting the Royal Maroon, has your painter checked on the body line......?

Also, The Base Shade for Royal Maroon is BLACK........

You need to buy 1 litre of Dupont 888 Surfacer, spray it first.

Dull it and check for body undulations, later clear them off with Dupont Tube Patti.

After that u need to Spray 3M Dull Black as Base coat for Royal Maroon.

Will give you the shade by afternoon.
Old 20th May 2011, 11:01   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the timing chain, i have a requirement for that too and i am in the process of inquiring for the same. I think the brand name is ROLON.
Great work Sagar. Rolon is the correct make. The timing gear set should be original PALPAR. It should be available. Also, there goes a famous saying, measure thrice cut once. Please ensure the same regarding the body line of the car - check thrice (atleast ) paint once. It should be straight with absolutely no undulations visible. Check the same under broad daylight. After painting due to the high gloss finish, even the slightest of flaws here will be magnified exponentially. Please take your time to ensure perfection.

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar

Last edited by adheesh : 20th May 2011 at 11:08.
Old 20th May 2011, 13:13   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Can we have some pics of the finished Body Please....

Sagar, before painting the Royal Maroon, has your painter checked on the body line......?

Also, The Base Shade for Royal Maroon is BLACK........

You need to buy 1 litre of Dupont 888 Surfacer, spray it first.

Dull it and check for body undulations, later clear them off with Dupont Tube Patti.

After that u need to Spray 3M Dull Black as Base coat for Royal Maroon.

Will give you the shade by afternoon.
The surface will definitely be checked for any undulations and imperfection before spraying the color coat. Will click some pics if i visit the workshop today. Have to visit the upholster too. Do post the correct dupont color shade by today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adheesh View Post
Great work Sagar. Rolon is the correct make. The timing gear set should be original PALPAR. It should be available. Also, there goes a famous saying, measure thrice cut once. Please ensure the same regarding the body line of the car - check thrice (atleast ) paint once. It should be straight with absolutely no undulations visible. Check the same under broad daylight. After painting due to the high gloss finish, even the slightest of flaws here will be magnified exponentially. Please take your time to ensure perfection.

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar
Thanks Adheesh. IIRC apart from Rolon there is some Diamond make which manufactures chains for Fiat/PP. hope i am correct.
Will definitely follow your advice on the paint procedure.
Old 20th May 2011, 13:31   #68
BANNED

Quote:
The surface will definitely be checked for any undulations and imperfection before spraying the color coat. Will click some pics if i visit the workshop today. Have to visit the upholster too. Do post the correct dupont color shade by today.

Dupont Cross Reference shades for Royal Maroon = 4864LM, 4864H, 4864DM

Please take time, go to the paint shop, cross check the shade and later buy them.

Dont use ordinary surfacer if you are using Dupont, else the shade will start shrinking and you may never get the desired result.

Body Filler,Surfacer ,Putti, Base coat and the final paint always has to be the BEST Quality used.
Old 20th May 2011, 13:41   #69
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for posting the shade numbers. Will inquire about it at the paint shop. Hope i am able to explain them what i mean by these nos.

Yesterday when i inquired about the color, was informed that clear coat is not used on solid shades. Is it true.

Pavan ji Have PMed you. Will call you if i need some more help on this. Hope you don't mind.

Last edited by samsag12 : 20th May 2011 at 13:49.
Old 20th May 2011, 14:39   #70
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for posting the shade numbers. Will inquire about it at the paint shop. Hope i am able to explain them what i mean by these nos.

Yesterday when i inquired about the color, was informed that clear coat is not used on solid shades. Is it true.

Pavan ji Have PMed you. Will call you if i need some more help on this. Hope you don't mind.

Clear coats are available for

1) Solid color Glossy Finish - Actually you get the shade as Matte and later clear is sprayed.

2) Solid color Matte Finish - Here the paint and the clear coat gives a Matte finish

3) Metallic Glossy - We get direct metallic without clear

4) Metallic Glossy - We get matte metallic base shade and clear coat to give it a deep glossy shine.

For your car, you can use Dupont Super, This paint is expensive than Metallic shade, and gives a Rich Gloss and long lasting lusture.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2011, 14:45   #71
Senior - BHPian

Was told that there are two quality of dupont paints available, one is for 3500 Rs per ltr and the second is 1800Rs a ltr. Have opted for the first one and its available without the clear coat.
I would be purchasing the underbody seal of 3M costing 250 Rs a ltr. How much do i need for the whole car. Also how will it be applied i.e. should i get the insides of the floor coated with red oxide then use the 3M one or is it applied directly.
Old 20th May 2011, 18:05   #72
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

any online catalog is available to choose color shades from dupont? if available please post the link
Old 20th May 2011, 18:25   #73
Senior - BHPian

Karthik there is a slight change in color brand now its not Dupont but 2K nexa autocolor due to dealer constraints.
The thing which happened is today i visited the shop only to find it closed. Inquired about it and was told that it would remain closed till Tuesday. The other dealer is 2K nexa one so i am facing a lot of trouble here as the color is to be purchased by tomorrow. Don't know what to do.
Will be grateful if anyone can post a shade card or shade no. for the 2K nexa autocolor. The color is ROYAL MAROON (car is Preimer Padmini S1, 1995 model)
PS: Dhabhar sir really need your assistance here.

Last edited by samsag12 : 20th May 2011 at 18:29.
Old 20th May 2011, 19:06   #74
BANNED

Quote:
Karthik there is a slight change in color brand now its not Dupont but 2K nexa autocolor due to dealer constraints.
The thing which happened is today i visited the shop only to find it closed. Inquired about it and was told that it would remain closed till Tuesday. The other dealer is 2K nexa one so i am facing a lot of trouble here as the color is to be purchased by tomorrow. Don't know what to do.
Will be grateful if anyone can post a shade card or shade no. for the 2K nexa autocolor. The color is ROYAL MAROON (car is Preimer Padmini S1, 1995 model)
PS: Dhabhar sir really need your assistance here.
2K is a good quality paint, but certainly not close to the quality of Dupont.

Well, if you really have no other go, Just go for it.

Color code ...........! I am sorry.

You can do one thing. Take a look at the color palette at the dealer, go through the shades in bright day light and choose it with your eyes

And keep one thing in mind, the Royal Maroon that you are looking at, needs a White Back Ground, Dont spray Black.

All the Best.....
Old 20th May 2011, 19:18   #75
Senior - BHPian

I am well aware of the difference in quality between both the brands, but i can't do much in this regard now. Regarding the color code you have already helped me a lot in this regard and i really appreciate it Pavan ji. Atleast with your help now i have some cross ref. codes which i can use at a later stage maybe after 5 yrs. BTW thanks a lot for the codes.
Will be checking the shade card tomorrow and hopefully choose the nearest shade. White background, you mean the base coat.

Last edited by samsag12 : 20th May 2011 at 19:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks