Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2013, 20:09   #3181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio : Issues & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Well, the XUV is sure to become niggle free as time progresses. See what M&M does to you, once an M&M, always an M&M, come whatever may..!!.
You are absolutely right, we may riot & shout the from the roof tops but the fact of the matter is that we love our Mahindra's .

My Nippon security system's siren is acting up again (I got the hooter replaced last year for 800 Rs.)

The sound did not work in the morning yesterday when I left the vehicle in the parking in the morning, in the evening it gve a single hoot (opening gives 2 hoots).

Today it seems to have healed itself
Old 8th January 2013, 13:13   #3182
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
Only VLX has it. Can I fit one if I need to? Scorpio SLE owners, kindly confirm.
Yes please fit it asap.

It was initially taken off the LX and the SLE gets the axe too.

How much money does M&M save by skimping on such cheap components??
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 13:34   #3183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...no AC particle filter/AC Cabin filter...Only VLX has it. Can I fit one if I need to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Yes please fit it asap.
Can be retro-fitted to all Refresh models of Scorpio. There is also a particle filter that M&M has introduced for the fresh air vent below the windscreen. You can retro-fit that too.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 15:18   #3184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was cleaning my vehicle yesterday and to my surprise, found that there is no AC particle filter/AC Cabin filter in the car. Checked with the Service advisor and he confirmed that there is no such thing in SLE. Only VLX has it. Can I fit one if I need to? Scorpio SLE owners, kindly confirm...

SST sir's ownership thread says about the AC Particle filter cleaning during the service. Again it is a VLX.
The one right behind\inside the glove box,correct?
SLE has it for sure.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 18:09   #3185
BHPian

Yes thats the one. The particle filter is not there. I checked it again. SLE does not have one whereas my Innova G4 has it.
Old 8th January 2013, 19:07   #3186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
SLE does not have one whereas my Innova G4 has it.
IIRC the Innova has a single-use paper filter while the Scorpio's is a reusable net.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 19:20   #3187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes thats the one. The particle filter is not there. I checked it again. SLE does not have one whereas my Innova G4 has it.
Strange,I have it on mine its a May 2010 SLE.
And yes its a wire mesh filter,and can be used again after washing\cleaning.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 22:27   #3188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Mine is a Feb 2010 vehicle, and it has the AC filter. Maybe M&M discontinued it sometime in 2011 or 2012.

@Jack Sparrow - There's also the possibility that the ASC technicians removed the AC filter in your vehicle for cleaning during a service and then forgot to put it back. Believe me, they are fully capable of such bone-headedness.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 10:17   #3189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Count me in, mine's a 2009 SLE and there is a particle filter right behind the glove box.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 12:53   #3190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
IIRC the Innova has a single-use paper filter while the Scorpio's is a reusable net.
Absolutely right sir. I normally clean it every 15 days and was surprised to see the scorp without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Mine is a Feb 2010 vehicle, and it has the AC filter. Maybe M&M discontinued it sometime in 2011 or 2012.

@Jack Sparrow - There's also the possibility that the ASC technicians removed the AC filter in your vehicle for cleaning during a service and then forgot to put it back. Believe me, they are fully capable of such bone-headedness.

Cheers,
Vikram
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Count me in, mine's a 2009 SLE and there is a particle filter right behind the glove box.
Hi All,
Thx for the confirmation.
My SA confirmed last week that the filter does not come factory fitted in the SLE, however can be done if I want to.
Let me go to the service center and check other SLE's. If it is present, then I will ask for a free replacement.

Any idea on the cost of it so that I can pay and do not have to argue with them.

Thx for your help.
Rgds,
Karthik

Last edited by Jack Sparrow : 11th January 2013 at 12:58.
Old 13th January 2013, 09:17   #3191
Senior - BHPian

Karthik, if I recall correctly, it costs Rs. 500/-, or it used to till the year before last!
anupmathur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2013, 11:35   #3192
BHPian

Guys,

I need some help here. My Scopio VLX is has 4500 kmts and it has developed engine oil leakage. The leak found right under the fuel filter, I will post the pirctures later this evening. Reported this issue with Mahindra and TVS cochin took the vehicle kept it with them for two days mentioning they have addressed all the issues with the vehcile. There were a AC air leakage from the dash bboard close to drivers left knee. This is also not fixed. Vehicle used to show low oil pressure warining once in a while since I took delivery and TVS Cochin tried to fix it 3 times and failed. Now the engine oil leak is worrying me a lot. I dont want the incompetent guys at service centre do a trail and error wiith my vehicle once again. Can somebody please guide me to get it fixed.
I have escalated the issue to Mahindra, they are very poractive but the guys at service station has no clue what to do.
Old 14th January 2013, 11:40   #3193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
Guys,

I need some help here. My Scopio VLX is has 4500 kmts and it has developed engine oil leakage. The leak found right under the fuel filter, I will post the pirctures later this evening. Reported this issue with Mahindra and TVS cochin took the vehicle kept it with them for two days mentioning they have addressed all the issues with the vehcile. There were a AC air leakage from the dash bboard close to drivers left knee. This is also not fixed. Vehicle used to show low oil pressure warining once in a while since I took delivery and TVS Cochin tried to fix it 3 times and failed. Now the engine oil leak is worrying me a lot. I dont want the incompetent guys at service centre do a trail and error wiith my vehicle once again. Can somebody please guide me to get it fixed.
I have escalated the issue to Mahindra, they are very poractive but the guys at service station has no clue what to do.
I presume you mean a leakage of engine oil from the Oil Filter (and not Fuel Filter, as you have mentioned?).

Leakage can happen with improper fitment of the OIl Filter - can be solved by retightening ir or changing it. But looking at the delay at the ASC end, maybe the threading is defective or damaged resulting in oil filter getting fitted properly.
Old 14th January 2013, 11:47   #3194
BHPian

Thanks a lot. Oil filter was changed as they did first serivce too when they kept the vehicle for repair. I'm planning to be there in the workshop tomorrow when they take my vehicle tomorrow.
Old 16th January 2013, 09:51   #3195
BHPian

when i switch to 4wd High - the display starts showing 4WD Low. When the display is showing 4WD Low (and dial set at 4wd high), I can also feel that it is in Low range.

Any ideas from Gurus on what I should be telling the Service center guys to look at as I am sure when it goes to SC,it will play pranks and not replicate this problem.

Has happened 3-4 times in last one week but not consistently.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks