Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2011, 18:47   #4636
Senior - BHPian

re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Had been waiting to give my ride VW Vento TDi Highline a nice coat of good wax. Earlier tried Formula 1 Carnauba Liquid wax, but it just average.
Just purchased Collinite 915 Marque d'elegance from Bringing Best Impex, Delhi. Received the courier today. After making payment received the courier in 2 days flat through DTDC Air. Got one microfiber and two AutoShow Quikpad Applicator pads of Armaly brand free.
As one of you used 915 earlier what are your views? Waiting for a nice sunny weekend as its quite raining in Vashi, Navi Mumbai.
Old 22nd July 2011, 19:12   #4637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
As one of you used 915 earlier what are your views? Waiting for a nice sunny weekend as its quite raining in Vashi, Navi Mumbai.
^^ Collinite 915 Marque d'elegance is good for dark shades. It gives out a nice warm dept to the dark shades at the same time its less effective on lighter shades.
Its also very durable; in the Indian context you can expect it to be effective for 2-3 months.

I would rate 845 to be more effective on lighter shades.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 22nd July 2011 at 19:40.
Old 22nd July 2011, 19:30   #4638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had been waiting to give my ride VW Vento TDi Highline a nice coat of good wax. Earlier tried Formula 1 Carnauba Liquid wax, but it just average.
Just purchased Collinite 915 Marque d'elegance from Bringing Best Impex, Delhi. Received the courier today. After making payment received the courier in 2 days flat through DTDC Air. Got one microfiber and two AutoShow Quikpad Applicator pads of Armaly brand free.
Here how the 915 looks on a black car.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2263701
Old 22nd July 2011, 20:14   #4639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Here how the 915 looks on a black car.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2263701
The best part is that my VW Vento TDi is of black color so 915 should work wonder on it. Just imagining what my Vento would look like after one coat of Marque d'elegance.
When I opened the lid of 915, the wax seems to be quite semi solid in nature, what do you say Captain slow?
Old 22nd July 2011, 23:57   #4640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The best part is that my VW Vento TDi is of black color so 915 should work wonder on it. Just imagining what my Vento would look like after one coat of Marque d'elegance.
When I opened the lid of 915, the wax seems to be quite semi solid in nature, what do you say Captain slow?
Yes it will. Make sure your car is clean and dry before you apply the wax.
915 feels like a damp bar of soap ?
Apply a very thin layer of wax, Use a slightly damp sponge to apply the wax. Allow it to haze up(5-7 minutes). Start buffing to get a smooth clean finish.
This one dries up fast and can be a little painful to remove, Dedicate enough time for the job. You will need minimum 2 to 3 hours to wax the whole car. But the finish is worth the time and energy.
Old 23rd July 2011, 09:11   #4641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Anyone tried using Armor all for the plastic parts and tyres?
I've used Armor All for the last twenty-odd years, used to get a regular supply from siblings abroad, and now of course available anywhere here.
I swear by it. Gives a wonderful deep colour to your plastics, makes even the cheapest dashboard look special. Of course it gives a slight shine, but that wears of in a couple of days. I also use it for tyre sidewalls, again an incomparable black shine is obtained. My cars have consistently looked almost new even at age 5 and beyond, the only give aways were the inevitable dings and sratches of modern-day traffic.
filcord is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2011, 10:33   #4642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
Thanks Mkh. I am almost on the verge of finding the right dilution
I am not sure if using a shampoo and then not rinsing it is indeed safe. Remember typical quick detailer is made for no rinse use where as a with a shampoo you are always expected to rinse after application.
Old 24th July 2011, 10:49   #4643
Senior - BHPian

One of my friend's car has cement marks on the bonnet. This happened because of the water linking in the basement roof.
What is the best way to remove it ?
Old 24th July 2011, 11:46   #4644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
One of my friend's car has cement marks on the bonnet. This happened because of the water linking in the basement roof.
What is the best way to remove it ?
I too had this issue with my Safari. I got ONR and it did the trick. You can give it a shot.
Old 24th July 2011, 12:41   #4645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I too had this issue with my Safari. I got ONR and it did the trick. You can give it a shot.
Do you think ONR would do the trick. It is not like a lump of cement but it is like a bird droppings which has got stuck/embedded to the paint surface. Probably i need to take a pic and post it.
rk_sans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 13:46   #4646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Do you think ONR would do the trick. It is not like a lump of cement but it is like a bird droppings which has got stuck/embedded to the paint surface. Probably i need to take a pic and post it.
I am not speaking of lumps. My Safari's bonnet and roof was littered with atleast 40 cement drops and they became rock hard. Used ONR and all gone. Give it a shot.
SumitB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 12:12   #4647
BANNED

Found this quote of 2900 RS for "Black & Decker WP900 6-Inch Random Orbit Waxer/Polisher" through shopyourworld.com link --- http://amazonin.tarazz.com/Black-Dec...=pd_sim_auto_4

Last edited by Dr.Gagan : 25th July 2011 at 12:27.
Old 25th July 2011, 12:56   #4648
BHPian

Please help!!

I bought a new skoda fabia last week on Thursday.

Yesterday, or may be the wee hours today, two dogs went after a cat and had a wrestling bout on the car.

The car is bright red colour, and has gathered all kinds of nasty scratches, inflicted by the sharp nails of the animals.

I have quixx scratch remover, meguiars colorx, etc, etc. but do not know how to use them.

Please, please help me getting the paint beck.
Old 25th July 2011, 13:54   #4649
Senior - BHPian

@deepfusion: This is a very unfortunate thing to have happened. (I find it rather unusual too). Can you post some pictures of the scratched areas? Are you able to see any metal beyond paint? How deep are the scratches?
Old 25th July 2011, 16:44   #4650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
@deepfusion: This is a very unfortunate thing to have happened. (I find it rather unusual too). Can you post some pictures of the scratched areas? Are you able to see any metal beyond paint? How deep are the scratches?
some are such that white surface is visible, while the others are drag marks of the nails.

I shall take some pictures and post.

Most Viewed