Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2013, 15:24   #7531
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_gautam View Post
Thanks for pointing it out. Guess I got too excited seeing the small quantity which does not seem to be available anywhere.

Might not be a bad idea to get 3-4 people together & get the gallon & split it evenly.

What do you say?

I don't mind as long as we get 3-4 people, but we also need to look at shipping as i'm from pune and you are from b'lore and there might be others from different cities.

On a different note, has anyone used the Bilt Hamber auto balm. I asked the question under a different section, but got a suggestion that it would be better to ask under this thread. Also does anyone sell the BH products in India? Their shipping from UK is more than the product cost.
Old 26th June 2013, 17:15   #7532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya_rao View Post
I don't mind as long as we get 3-4 people, but we also need to look at shipping as i'm from pune and you are from b'lore and there might be others from different cities.

On a different note, has anyone used the Bilt Hamber auto balm. I asked the question under a different section, but got a suggestion that it would be better to ask under this thread. Also does anyone sell the BH products in India? Their shipping from UK is more than the product cost.
You may PM bhpian mkh.
I have previously read that he has used Bilt Hamber products.
Old 26th June 2013, 19:01   #7533
BHPian

Quote:

I've bought from them a few(5-6) times.

One order was delivered late & sent from some other dealer directly, coz they went out of stock of the item. But they called & informed me about it. And gave an option to either cancel or continue with the order.

Another time, they went out of stock of Meg's Glass Cleaner. But again called & gave options to go for Armor All or Sonax which they had in stock.

Other 3-4 times, no issues at all. Prompt delivery, well packaged, genuine products.
Contact @nirmaljusdoit 9916120561 for Meguiars products. He has ready stock As far as i know.

Please avoid vicky.in. Youll never get the product that you want and very bad shopping experiences from other bhpians. There is a dedicated thread for them.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 26th June 2013 at 19:21.
Old 27th June 2013, 02:06   #7534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Is this better than Jopasu micro fiber and 3m's? I am currently using Jopasu and Sonax's micro fiber. I was thinking of going for 3m next time.
Eurow ones are VFM product and are very good. Got 15 of those way back and still going strong. Jopasu no idea, its duster is good. 3M may be better but cost wise it losses. I have Meguiars Microfiber each costing Rs. 600 a piece and are way better then the ones I have used. Using them for buffing paint sealant and polish.

My suggestion stick to Eurow, well worth the money.
Old 27th June 2013, 10:37   #7535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Contact @nirmaljusdoit 9916120561 for Meguiars products. He has ready stock As far as i know.

Please avoid vicky.in. Youll never get the product that you want and very bad shopping experiences from other bhpians. There is a dedicated thread for them.
Thanks again Partha!

Will get in touch with Nirmal.

About Vicky.in, that's a little surprising! Like I said, I didn't face any major issue. I must be one of the few lucky ones.
Old 27th June 2013, 11:22   #7536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Eurow ones are VFM product and are very good. Got 15 of those way back and still going strong. Jopasu no idea, its duster is good. 3M may be better but cost wise it losses. I have Meguiars Microfiber each costing Rs. 600 a piece and are way better then the ones I have used. Using them for buffing paint sealant and polish.

My suggestion stick to Eurow, well worth the money.
Whoa?!? Which meguiars towel is that and from where did you buy?? AFAIK theres no meguiars towel for 600bucks in India or is there?

Quote:

Thanks again Partha!

Will get in touch with Nirmal.

About Vicky.in, that's a little surprising! Like I said, I didn't face any major issue. I must be one of the few lucky ones.
But then again you never received what you actually ordered right?? They sent you something else in place of that??
Old 27th June 2013, 12:05   #7537
BHPian

Quote:
But then again you never received what you actually ordered right?? They sent you something else in place of that??
True. But that was a one time thing only. And they informed me well in advance & asked for consent to send the alternative.

I frequently order from other sites (both domestic & UK/US/HK based) & have faced similar situations with every one of them - Delayed shipments or Alternative item sent. And most times they don't even call/e-mail to inform about it.

A leading international e-retailer sent me a completely different item that I had not even ordered! It was a pain sending it back & getting the correct item.

My point being, there's a chance of mistakes like these with any e-retailer. Its how they deal with it, is what makes them good/bad in my eyes.
kumar_gautam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 12:58   #7538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whoa?!? Which meguiars towel is that and from where did you buy?? AFAIK theres no meguiars towel for 600bucks in India or is there?
I got them from Oz and each one costed AUD $10. Keeping current current exchange rate each one comes at about ~570. The quality is certainly one of the best compared to the ones I used earlier. Just for the sake of it purchased it but don't intend to get them again.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 13:07   #7539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
Partha here are 3 snaps of my White Duster post monsoon shower cleaning; no waxing, LSP was just Meguiar's QD. Collinite 845 is still to be ordered, will see after July travels. These are first pictures I am posting in the forum Used JPEEG optimizer to get the size down. Hope the clarity is ok. Cheers )
Looking good sir. 845 will make it even better please dont go back to turtle wax anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
I got them from Oz and each one costed AUD $10. Keeping current current exchange rate each one comes at about ~570. The quality is certainly one of the best compared to the ones I used earlier. Just for the sake of it purchased it but don't intend to get them again.
Are these the same as Supreme shine buffing towels from Meguiars? Australia market is much more costlier like the Indian market because the companies arent actually present there. The stuff gets shipped to them from the US or UK and the cost increases exponentially. This is what I read some Australian detailers mentioning.

In any case now even 3m towels prices have become reasonable and given the quality makes more sense of going for them. Getting a few from Mr. Nirmal who is now stocking them - afaik, now he can supply in large qty as opposed to earlier when he had only few towels in stock for very short time. Last i checked the prices were 175/177 i think.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 27th June 2013 at 13:11.
Old 28th June 2013, 22:51   #7540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How did you source the M16? Is it locally available? Whats the price?
Shipped from the UK, FK1000P and M16 together cost me 48pounds.

Quote:
How was the ease of use for the AG SRP? Anything you liked in it more than other products?
SRP is easy to use however it produces way too much gloss which I hate. Gave it another try since I wanted to try something other than the usual M205.

This is a photo that I took today. Way too much gloss for my taste.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20130628_174504.jpg

Quote:
Have you done only one of your headlights? The left headlight seems to be a bit faded. The right one seems clear. I maybe wrong as it can be just the picture.
Both headlights are toast. I'll get new headlights + projectors soon.

Quote:
Please do justice to the car and post some pics from nice landscapes. She is just so beautiful. That gloss.
Point taken

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 28th June 2013 at 22:57.
SunnyBoi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2013, 23:06   #7541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post

Shipped from the UK, FK1000P and M16 together cost me 48pounds.

SRP is easy to use however it produces way too much gloss which I hate. Gave it another try since I wanted to try something other than the usual M205.

Point taken
Wow !! Absolutely fabulous.

Dont know why you dont like that liquid gloss - its just so deliciously beautiful.

Which company did you buy from? 48£ is a steal

I need to try this on my car - id love even more gloss than what I currently have. If you cant have a mirror, better to have gloss power haha. Thats the only thing we light color owners can appreciate.

How about polishing the headlights? 105 and all.

Your alloys looking good. Did you coat them? And did you lay your hands on that DLUX?? Would love to see the results. As long as I dont wash the cae, P.E.R.L is holding up for me. Been two weeks i think, and its still giving the black shine.

Have you tried Megs endurance tyre gel? Any review on that? Thinking of trying out gels next time.
Parthasarathig is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2013, 23:41   #7542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which company did you buy from? 48£ is a steal
Bought it form here : http://www.intodetail.co.uk/

40pounds for 2 tins + 7pounds intl shipping...I got it in 5 days

Quote:
Wow !! Absolutely fabulous.

Dont know why you dont like that liquid gloss - its just so deliciously beautiful.

I need to try this on my car - id love even more gloss than what I currently have. If you cant have a mirror, better to have gloss power haha. Thats the only thing we light color owners can appreciate.
Getting gloss from light cars isn't that tough really. Everything depends on the prep and little depends on wax/sealant.

This is how deep my paint looks when I use carnauba waxes :

Quote:
How about polishing the headlights? 105 and all.
Been there done that, Its fogged and scarred from the inside. Cant do anything bout those.

Quote:
Your alloys looking good. Did you coat them? And did you lay your hands on that DLUX?? Would love to see the results. As long as I dont wash the cae, P.E.R.L is holding up for me. Been two weeks i think, and its still giving the black shine.

Have you tried Megs endurance tyre gel? Any review on that? Thinking of trying out gels next time.
I have a set of Punto 15inch alloys that will get the opticoat treatment and go on the car, don't intend to use OC on current alloys. Dlux has to wait, $ rate being high has put a hold on all my purchases

I hate cleaning alloys and tires. Whenever there is too much brake dust buildup, I just hose my alloys and all of it runs off. Current alloys have some weird very good clear coat on them.

As far as tyres go, I never clean/dress them and I dont intend on starting any time soon.

Last edited by SunnyBoi : 28th June 2013 at 23:44.
SunnyBoi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2013, 23:57   #7543
BHPian

Quote:

Bought it form here : [

As far as tyres go, I never clean/dress them and I dont intend on starting any time soon.
Hey thanks so much for all that details and the site. Looks like I may ship from their next once something piques my interest. As far as the rupee is concerned Im gonna keep getting stuff locally till dollar becomes favorable to import haha.

Wierd really ive never seen stock alloys doing that - but this is aftermarket right?

Btw have you given Superdegreaser a try? It works very good on my bikes alloys - but will it work on brake dust? I dont have alloys on my car, so cant test that.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2013, 00:17   #7544
BHPian

I have a black xuv (sep 2012) and it doesn't seem to have the shine anymore. Its barely exposed to the sun ( 30 mins each day while driving to work) and i get it cleaned each day by my apartment watchman. I tried using formula 1 wax and it hasn't yielded anything positive. I can't seem to find Mequiar's products in any shop in hyderabad either.
Old 29th June 2013, 09:20   #7545
BHPian

Quote:

Point taken
Amazing gloss from a light color !! Should give this SRP a try, it must surely work wonders on a dark color ! (filler heavy i guess)

Last edited by nirmaljusdoit : 29th June 2013 at 09:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks