Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2022, 18:04   #4681
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

So something real interesting happened today evening. I received a call from with you hamesha(WYH) enquiring whether my complaints have been rectified. I thought it was regarding the experience that I had outlined in (A bittersweet experience : Mahindra team steps up to solve recurring oil leak issue in my XUV5OO)this thread. To my surprise, they asked me whether the complaint regarding black smoke emitting from the vehicle has been resolved. I had only posted this yesterday in team bhp and didn't have the chance yet to take it to MASS. They concurred that they read about the issue in team bhp and was calling to confirm the same. I asked them from where they got my contact details. They said that they have it with them since the previous service (I'm guessing they're again talking about the one with the oil leak issue that was outlined here). Anyways, they confirmed my vehicle details and assured me that they have forwarded the details of the vehicle complaint to Pothen's Mahindra, Aluva, which is closer to my home. Now I need to find some time to take the vehicle there. I'm really surprised at the pro-active manner in which Mahindra has shown this gesture. If this is indeed the direction that Mahindra is heading, I have no qualms about increasing the number of M&M shares in my portfolio!
GKR9900 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 12:26   #4682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post

Will try taking the vehicle to MASS and sort out both the issues. Hopefully it's nothing serious. I still have more than an year of extended warranty remaining. Would EGR valve and filter be covered under it?
Filter replacement and EGR valve getting clogged are part of the running process. Same as oil change. So dont think it will be covered under warranty. However, if its any thing more serious than this, better to get it identified right now and get it rectified under warranty.

A friend of mine had black smoke issue and turned out to be engine failure. Though it was out of warranty and extended warranty, the vehicle had done only around a lac kms or so and he contacted Mahindra asking how an established engine like mhawk could fail within this mileage. And finally after some amount of to and fro communication, Mahindra agreed to bear half the cost of the new engine, though out of warranty. Since you are within extended warranty, better to find the root cause of the issue and get it resolved.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 17:47   #4683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Since you are within extended warranty, better to find the root cause of the issue and get it resolved.

FundaG
The engine failure incident is really scary. That's something which's lurking at the back of my mind as well. I already had a series of engine oil leak issues which was promptly dealt with once the higher ups at Mahindra were involved. But what if the issues were to recur every now and then?

Update: As a follow up to the call I received from Mahindra With You Hamesha, they picked up my vehicle and it is currently at Pothen's Mahindra, Ernakulam. I detailed the problems outlined above and a few others (like the front left side door lock not working) to the service exec. He was insisting to get the service done. My vehicle has run around 55000 kms. I informed him that service was done at 50000 kms. He said that oil replacement was done at 40000 kms and it would be wise to change oil at least every 10000 kms/6 months! I was kinda taken aback with this reply and told that I would rather stick to the schedule advised by the manufacturer. He kept on saying that for diesel vehicles, it's best to change oil every 10000 kms and get the service done asap. Is it really the case? I had owned multiple diesel vehicles and I don't recall oil being replaced every 10000 kms! Anyways, I asked him to look at the complaints that my vehicle have and I'll update him on the service part later. This was around 3pm. I tried calling the exec now and couldn't get him on phone. Called his supervisor and came to know that some hose is damaged. He's also not so sure about the exact cause and promised to update me by tomorrow morning. That's how things stand as of now.
Old 2nd April 2022, 18:11   #4684
BHPian

Update: Upon contacting the service exec today morning, I was informed that the 'hose to the intercooler' has been damaged and this has led to the development of black smoke. The service center has agreed to replace it free of cost, although it might be Monday by which they might receive the part from another dealership. I said that I'll wait. I specifically asked him if this could result in some sort of engine damage, to which he confidently said no. Would love to hear team-bhpians comments on this.

They checked the wiper and said that it was fully functional. I asked them to double check again just to be sure. The defective front left passenger door lock has also been replaced.

I have asked them to check the vehicle again after all work has been done just to prevent any unpleasant surprises. The hero from my previous tryst with Mahindra, Mr.Kanteppa has been closely following the repair work and was giving me timely updates. Hopeful of getting my steed back by Monday.
Old 3rd April 2022, 09:06   #4685
BHPian

Quote:
I informed him that service was done at 50000 kms. He said that oil replacement was done at 40000 kms and it would be wise to change oil at least every 10000 kms/6 months!
The oil change is advised at 20000kms or 1yr as per manual. Not heard of this 10k/6month thing. Ask him to show where it is mentioned like that.

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-screenshot-20220403-9.03.16-am.png

Quote:
Update: Upon contacting the service exec today morning, I was informed that the 'hose to the intercooler' has been damaged and this has led to the development of black smoke.
Good to hear that they have identified the problem.

FundaG
Old 6th April 2022, 14:41   #4686
BHPian

Update: Received my vehicle back yesterday evening. The intercooler hose has been replaced, the front left door lock has been replaced. The problem with wipers couldn't be reproduced by the dealership and I also don't see any issue with them as of now. All the work was done free of cost and it seems like the issues seem to be sorted.
Old 10th May 2022, 23:18   #4687
BHPian

Quote:
2. I turned on the wiper yesterday evening while driving through rain and the darn thing wouldn't turn off even after returning the stalk to the off position. Now I'm stuck with the wiper working every time I turn on the car, which is really irritating. Is there any work around for this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Is it likely due to auto wiper and may be the sensor has conked off. Did you try to switch off the auto wiper?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse500 View Post
Wiper motor assembly has a position sensor (internal electric switch) inside the case. Either the sensor contacts have worn out/corroded/damaged, or the wire is damaged.
Quote:

Wrt wiper, you can try removing the fuse which is there in the users manual. I have a 2012 model XUV, so not sure if the fuse layout is the same in your vehicle. Its EF6 Brown fuse in mine.

FundaG
Update: My love-hate relationship with Mahindra service continues The wiper issue cropped up again, for which Pothen's Mahindra, Aluva was contacted again. They took the vehicle in for inspection. Initially, they informed me that the wiper motor assembly needs to be replaced. As the parts were not available, there was a delay in ordering and receiving them. So the vehicle was returned. I was assured an update within a week. This was in the first week of April. 2 weeks went by without any updates. I reached out to them. Shared a video of the wiper complaint also to them. The car was again taken in for inspection. They informed me that it's the wiper stalk rather than the motor assembly that requires replacement. I obliged. The replacement was done and the car delivered back home. Next time I took the car out and turned on the wipers, guess what happened. They wouldn't go back to their normal resting position at the bottom of the windshield. But at least they would turn off now The service advisor had asked me to update him about any issue. Informed him about the wiper issue, no response. Received multiple calls from the customer care team from the dealership. I detailed the issue to them. They said the service advisor would contact me within 2 minutes. 2 days went by. The customer care executive called me again. Explained the problem again. Assured 2 mins call back by service executive. Again 2 days went by. This happened for a third and a fourth time, by which I started questioning the intricate weaves of space time fabric surrounding me. I literally asked the customer care executive whether they function on planet earth or some far away galaxy where 2 mins equals 2 earth days. Asked them to not call me back again if they are not interested in customer grievances. I took the car out today morning and voila! The wipers once turned on wouldn't turn back off again. Took a video and sent it to the service executive. Gave him a call and now they have asked me to inform them of a convenient time to pick up the vehicle. Like I said, it's a love-hate relationship. But the funny thing is contrary to popular belief, the love part comes only when there's a third party involved, which in this case would be someone higher up in the administrative chain. Honestly, although the higher ups try being proactive and protect customer interests, it isn't always practical to write an email every time there's a trivial issue. Better to keep the expectations down at dealer level service, so as not to be disappointed later.

Last edited by GKR9900 : 10th May 2022 at 23:28.
Old 12th May 2022, 16:37   #4688

Dear friends,

Not sure if anyone else has a similar issue.. there is an intermittent gap while playing music ( be it radio , USB or phone) in my XUV500. Suddenly the system goes mute and again starts. this happens regularly. Any idea what could be the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Raj
Old 13th May 2022, 14:54   #4689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerblr View Post
Dear friends,

Not sure if anyone else has a similar issue.. there is an intermittent gap while playing music ( be it radio , USB or phone) in my XUV500. Suddenly the system goes mute and again starts. this happens regularly. Any idea what could be the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Raj
Which model XUV500 do you have??

High chances its a silver box issue. Getting it resolved for 1st generation XUV would be a challenge as am not sure how easy it is to get this part. For the later XUV models, you can try to get a replacement. However, if its out of warranty, then you will have to rethink if you really want to spend money on it. Or instead get a 3rd party ICE. Would lose some of the XUV specific alerts like DTE, TPMS, service alerts etc. But would be a peace of mind otherwise.

Or you could retain the current silver box for all these XUV alerts and use new ICE for all sound and music related stuff. Have seen some online pics of XUVs with this kinda setup.

FundaG

Last edited by fundagenie : 13th May 2022 at 14:55.
Old 13th May 2022, 15:51   #4690

Quote:
Which model XUV500 do you have??

High chances its a silver box issue. Getting it resolved for 1st generation XUV would be a challenge as am not sure how easy it is to get this part. For the later XUV models, you can try to get a replacement. However, if its out of warranty, then you will have to rethink if you really want to spend money on it. Or instead get a 3rd party ICE. Would lose some of the XUV specific alerts like DTE, TPMS, service alerts etc. But would be a peace of mind otherwise.

Or you could retain the current silver box for all these XUV alerts and use new ICE for all sound and music related stuff. Have seen some online pics of XUVs with this kinda setup.

FundaG
Apologies for not mentioning the model number, mine is a 2018 W10AT. All other things work fine, its just that this silence for a few seconds.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Rajeshwar
Old 13th May 2022, 16:21   #4691
BHPian

Quote:
Apologies for not mentioning the model number, mine is a 2018 W10AT. All other things work fine, its just that this silence for a few seconds.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Rajeshwar
Try a software update first. Check if it resolves the issue.

FundaG
Old 13th May 2022, 16:49   #4692
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks again.

Regards,
Rajeshwar
Yes this seems to be the silver box issue. It’s the beginning of the silver box degrading! This happened in my 2016W10AT as well late last year. But since mine was out of warranty, Mahindra would charge me close to 60k to replace it. They do not repair it for you.

It seems your vehicle would be under the 5 year warranty, so I would suggest you have it replaced at the earliest! As time goes by, there will be longer intermittent times when the music will not play. One alternate is to remove the battery terminal for about 10 minutes and then restart the system. This is just a temp work around. But it will deteriorate. Later even the display wont turn on. This was the chronological deterioration for the silver box in my vehicle.

I hope it helps!
Cheers!
Vashanis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 16:56   #4693

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
Yes this seems to be the silver box issue. It’s the beginning of the silver box degrading! This happened in my 2016W10AT as well late last year. But since mine was out of warranty, Mahindra would charge me close to 60k to replace it. They do not repair it for you.

It seems your vehicle would be under the 5 year warranty, so I would suggest you have it replaced at the earliest! As time goes by, there will be longer intermittent times when the music will not play. One alternate is to remove the battery terminal for about 10 minutes and then restart the system. This is just a temp work around. But it will deteriorate. Later even the display wont turn on. This was the chronological deterioration for the silver box in my vehicle.

I hope it helps!
Cheers!
@Vashanis @Fundagene thanks for your inputs. Will talk to the A.S.S and check if they can replace it under the 5 year warranty. This is a good suggestion. Hope Mahindra will do it. Will keep you all posted with the update.

Regards,
Rajeshwar
Old 14th May 2022, 12:25   #4694
BHPian

Hi guys,
I'm looking at purchasing a grill chrome strip piece for my 2013 XUV, which used to be a genuine accessory. But I can't find it anywhere online and offline now as it was discontinued long back. If anyone have a extra piece or is willing to give up their own, please DM me.
Below is the picture of the chrome piece.
Attached Images

Old 15th May 2022, 22:40   #4695

Hello.
I own an XUV 500 W9 AT, 2022, 17k kms done.
Since day 1, i have an issue with the initial braking power/bite.
Normally, when we slightly press the brake pedal, the vehicle begins to stop , Whereas in my case, it doesn't. Only after pressing the pedal about 1.5 inches, the brake activates but has very less power. therefore, you end up pressing the pedal even further gradually and by doing so, there is sudden braking.
I have taken up this issue with Mahindra numerous times. Spoke to the regional manager as well.

I have also ridden other XUV 500 (from 2019-22 models) and i the braking is perfect in them. When i showed them other vehicles, they were unable to make out the difference and said everything is working fine in my car.

They have done brake bleeding and checked the Brake Master cylinder pressure and say its all good.

But my problem is with the "Initial" brake pressure/bite.
They are reluctant to change the master cylinder unit even though the vehicle under warranty.
Since, i come from an automobile background, i feel that there is no/less initial pressure built when we begin to press the brake pedal. This initial pressure will not show up on their machine used to test the master cylinder pressure. It only shows the final pressure.

But when i double brake i.e press the pedal twice consecutively, it functions properly.

Also, when you keep the brake pedal pressed when stationary, the pedal is not firm after pressing, it goes in slowly.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank You.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks