Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2016, 09:19   #3931
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

I get a warning once I get passed speed of 80 km/h saying "RR tyre swapped".
It goes off on its own and comes back again next day.
What could be the problem?
Old 15th July 2016, 10:20   #3932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
I get a warning once I get passed speed of 80 km/h saying "RR tyre swapped".
It goes off on its own and comes back again next day.
What could be the problem?
Did you had a puncture on your car in the recent past? And have you changed the stepney? If yes, then it is the TPMS which is showing the warning, and it would require you to do the TPMS learning.

If not, please get it checked at the nearest service center.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 16:09   #3933
BHPian

Hello Team-BHP

I am a new member in this community and it feels good to be part of something so spectacular so wanted to start by thanking TeamBHP.

Coming to post i am running my cheetah XUV 500 W8 FWD for over 25000 km now, the car is running perfectly except one niggle that has been repeated a number of times earlier in the forum, the brakes. i have been having the infamous grinding noise from the brakes since 10,000 km and already have done a numerous service center visit that were a waste. The noise occurs below the speed of 30 KMPH while I'm gently pressing the brake pedal.

My car is 2015 model and according to the manager has the updated brake pads. After inspecting the brake pads I am pretty sure they have at least 10,000 more km life left in them, and the manager agrees with me. but in spite of that they are unable to come up with a solution and are not changing the brake pads under warranty.

I wanted to raise the following questions:-

1. Is there any solution other than changing the brake pads?
2. IF the only solution is changing the brake pads then will they be replaced under warranty as they still have enough pad left, or i have to bear the expense.
3. Also i wanted t know does the brake pedal sway left and right a little is it normal?

Thank you
And i hope to contribute in this community.
kushgandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 16:32   #3934
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushgandhi View Post
Hello Team-BHP

I am a new member in this community and it feels good to be part of something so spectacular so wanted to start by thanking TeamBHP.
Welcome to TeamBHP and arguably the most busy niggles thread on the forum!

Quote:
I wanted to raise the following questions:-

1. Is there any solution other than changing the brake pads?
2. IF the only solution is changing the brake pads then will they be replaced under warranty as they still have enough pad left, or i have to bear the expense.
3. Also i wanted t know does the brake pedal sway left and right a little is it normal?
The brake-pedal having a little bit of play (moves left and right a bit, if forced to) is normal, nothing to worry.

Although you have mentioned 2015, its not clear if your car is New-Age or Generation-1. The brake-grinding-noise has been solved even in generation-1 vehicles from around 2013 and its absolutely not present in new-gen vehicles.

The issue could be poor quality brake-pads or imperfect discs or a combination. I am ruling out really small pebbles stuck between the discs and pads as that should have been solved in one visit with a blow of compressed air.

I would suggest the following: if you have already visited 2-3 times, the RM/SA agrees that there is noise and the problem is still not solved after 2-3 visits, go ahead and escalate to Area-customer-care manager. Insist that they should either solve the issue permanently OR replace the brake-pads under warranty.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 17:49   #3935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Although you have mentioned 2015, its not clear if your car is New-Age or Generation-1. The brake-grinding-noise has been solved even in generation-1 vehicles from around 2013 and its absolutely not present in new-gen vehicles.
My car is 2015 Gen-1 model. And looking at the RC I can tell its manufactured in 2015 as well.

Quote:
I would suggest the following: if you have already visited 2-3 times, the RM/SA agrees that there is noise and the problem is still not solved after 2-3 visits, go ahead and escalate to Area-customer-care manager. Insist that they should either solve the issue permanently OR replace the brake-pads under warranty.
I already mailed customer care but how can i connect with the Area-customer-care-manager.

Thank you for the response.
Old 23rd July 2016, 17:57   #3936
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I already mailed customer care but how can i connect with the Area-customer-care-manager.
Call up your RM or your service center and ask for Area Customer Care Manager's name, cell number and email-address. The name and phone number is also posted prominently at service centers. Please note that the Area-customer-care-manager is a Mahindra employee and is 'assigned' a particular dealership in an area (city/state).

If not satisfied with the area-customer-care-manager's response, you can even escalate to the VP-Customer-care ( currently Sandeep Dhond). Don't want to post his email id here, you can always look it up on the XUV website.
Old 24th July 2016, 15:39   #3937
BHPian

UPDATE: I contacted the area manager he agreed to replace the brake pads but said that i will have to bear 50% of the expense and gave me an estimate of 3000/-
He says that because the car has done over 20,000 km they cannot replace it under warranty.

Wanted to know what is the cost of brake pads of the XUV 500? And what is the average life of brake pads because 20,000 seems very less for a vehicle. I haven't felt the need to change brake pads on my verna even after 50,000 km.

I will update with the pictures of the brake pad. Once i get them replaced at 50% cost.
Old 25th July 2016, 12:25   #3938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE: I contacted the area manager he agreed to replace the brake pads but said that i will have to bear 50% of the expense and gave me an estimate of 3000/-
He says that because the car has done over 20,000 km they cannot replace it under warranty.

Wanted to know what is the cost of brake pads of the XUV 500? And what is the average life of brake pads because 20,000 seems very less for a vehicle. I haven't felt the need to change brake pads on my verna even after 50,000 km.

I will update with the pictures of the brake pad. Once i get them replaced at 50% cost.
Which service center are you using in Delhi?
Old 25th July 2016, 13:10   #3939
BHPian

Quote:
Brake pads costs around Rs. 4800/- if I am not wrong for a pair. I think you might have to pay extra for the labor.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 14:02   #3940
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

The problem existed since last 10,000 kms as per your earlier posts and have not been successfully resolved by them. So if I were you, I would not buy the 20,000kms done and pay 50% argument.
Old 25th July 2016, 19:50   #3941
BHPian

UPDATE: I completed the brake pad job today. The job was done free of cost under warranty but it was not that easy, I had to really talk the area manager into changing the brakes.

The new brake pads are of a different texture as told by the executive.
The old brake pads had still a lot of life left as they were thick enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Which service center are you using in Delhi?
I am in contact with Indraprastha Wazirpur.

Quote:
The problem existed since last 10,000 kms as per your earlier posts and have not been successfully resolved by them. So if I were you, I would not buy the 20,000kms done and pay 50% argument.
Yes that was the exact point because of which the job was done free of cost.

Last edited by SDP : 25th July 2016 at 20:50. Reason: Removed broken links to images. Please read up about how to add images to your posts.
kushgandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2016, 14:17   #3942
BHPian

While driving to office yesterday I noticed that the engine warning lamp is on. Took it to the service station immediately. They did a test drive and found that vehicle is not accelerating beyond 80kmph. They tried changing the vacuum modulator but the issue persists. Now they are trying other trial and error methods to figure out the exact cause. Has anyone else faced such issue. Mine is a aug 2014 w8
Old 30th July 2016, 15:01   #3943
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
Now they are trying other trial and error methods to figure out the exact cause.
Wow. Have they scanned your car using an OBD 2 Reader? Without scanning if they are doing trial and error then it is like firing arrows in dark.

Get the ECU Scan done to get to the real problem of CEL.
Old 30th July 2016, 17:31   #3944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Wow. Have they scanned your car using an OBD 2 Reader? Without scanning if they are doing trial and error then it is like firing arrows in dark.

Get the ECU Scan done to get to the real problem of CEL.
They did the scan...but still not successful in finding the real cause
Old 30th July 2016, 20:30   #3945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
They did the scan...but still not successful in finding the real cause
Really sad to hear that. I think it can be something related to turbo. Its just a wild guess as your xuv is not picking up speed.

Do inform once your xuv is diagnosed and repaired. Wish your car a speedy recovery.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks