Rest everything is fine.
Old 24th July 2023, 17:47   #4742

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Thanks, it is just Due for Service error only
Rest everything is fine.
Old 5th August 2023, 20:29   #4743
BHPian

Hi everyone and experts in particular, my XUV 500 W8 AWD ( 2017 model ) had been running smooth and trouble free over the last 6 and a half years. The usual once in a while door lock malfunction or a power window motor malfunction that I choose to turn my eyes away from, and the obvious door metal rusting that I have been fighting since purchase, and have now learnt to live with it after twice repairing doors till date. Other than these it's been a nice ride over bad roads, very bad roads and unpredictably bad roads through villages and hills.

But, it's been about two weeks now, that now and then the ECU is throwing the HDD Failed to Activate and HHC Failed to Activate Notices on the Console, and indeed the HDD button doesn't light up on such occasions. Restarting the car once or maybe twice at times, the Warning is gone and I have tested on mall parking ramps when there is no Fail Notice, both HDD and HCC ( three seconds of stand still with gear shifted to First, clutch pressed and brake released ) work fine. But then again after another day, the warning comes back, and then goes away again. Usually comes up mostly when I crank the engine for the first time on a given day.

Now since tomorrow another Warning is coming up, Brake Fluid Low warning, my car doesn't run too much other than 3 to 5 road trips and weekly travels to local malls and kid's classes ( we work from home long before COVID taught people about it ) and has done over 55k km in 6.5 yrs, and at 40k service Brake/Clutch oil was filled in as scheduled and I checked today, the brake oil is above MAX level as expected and there is no evident leak either. No stain or drip on the parking spot.

Is it like sensors going bad or just a glitch ot a blip test of the system that's producing wrong results? Will eventually take it to an ASS but would love to have a better idea because these days Authorised Service Stations are either reluctant to take up small jobs or are eager but tend to end up by replacing spare parts unnecessarily to meet their targets it seems.

Any direction to look would be useful.

Neelanjan
Old 5th August 2023, 20:45   #4744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by themagicclicks View Post
Is it like sensors going bad or just a glitch ot a blip test of the system that's producing wrong results? Will eventually take it to an ASS but would love to have a better idea because these days Authorised Service Stations are either reluctant to take up small jobs or are eager but tend to end up by replacing spare parts unnecessarily to meet their targets it seems.
How old is your car's battery, sometimes these errors do pop up when the car's battery is on it's way out.
revvharder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 20:19   #4745
BHPian

Thanks a lot @revvharder, I think you are right in questioning the battery. The battery is as old as the car, and since it has so far never given any trouble and all usual markers look ok, and at about 5 yrs of its age, the reading were within expected range, I never cared to change it knowing that the life of a battery is usually 5 years. Now that you have pointed that direction, first thing tomorrow is that I get a new battery, since it's already overdue. Thanks again.
themagicclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 10:31   #4746
BHPian

Update: Had the battery checked and the running voltage was a steady start at 12.5 V and peaked at 14 V which was almost good, but the cranking voltage which is supposed to be around 9V was very low, it gave a reading of around 6V. Which explains why all those sensor errors were appearing on startup. Got a fresh AMARON, the same as it was and been like 4 days now, no sensor errors anymore.

Thanks @revvharder for pointing that out. Cheers!
themagicclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 17:16   #4747

I find the suspension of my XUV500 W4 (2014) rather hard. On Pune's terrible roads, my ride becomes rather bumpy. naturally there is considerable body roll too.

I've had the suspension checked multiple times from different garages, got the shockers and other rubber -bushes etc replaced, but it only lasts for a while.

What is the solution to this problem?

has anyone tried out the Rogerab? Does that help to make the ride softer?

Would be grateful for any inputs on the above.

Thanks and best wishes.
Old 28th November 2023, 11:20   #4748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris_t View Post
I find the suspension of my XUV500 W4 (2014) rather hard. <snip>What is the solution to this problem?
has anyone tried out the Rogerab? Does that help to make the ride softer?
<snip>
Have got rogerab suspension softener installed in my XUV5OO. Can't say it has done magic to the stock suspension setup, but body-roll & overall stiffness have gone down a tad bit.
Don't expect drastic changes or German-cars-level plush drive with rogerab, but I guess it is worth it.
KrisTvpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 12:12   #4749
BHPian

Hi all, I wanted to change the air filter in my 2019 XUV 500. I searched around but learnt that k&n and BMC do not make them anymore for XUV 500. Can anyone suggest any alternative please?
Old 29th December 2023, 20:43   #4750
BHPian

Got a hard shifting issue with first and second gear.

Especially as the engine and transmission gets hot.

Very hard, haven't experienced this before..
It's a Jul 2012 manufactured W6 that has run 69k kms..

Hope nothing serious as have to drive 225 kms tomorrow in thick traffic kerala roads .. takes 7 hrs.

Else would like to take care of it before starting.

Please anyone experienced this? No issues with any other cog even reverse is good.
Old 29th December 2023, 22:24   #4751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
When was the clutch replaced? A friend's XUV had the same issue and after the clutch was replaced it was driving like new.

Last edited by Eddy : 28th February 2024 at 12:48. Reason: Fixing quotes
smrtdvl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 23:04   #4752
BHPian

[quote=smrtdvl;5688845]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep View Post

/QUOTE]

When was the clutch replaced? A friend's XUV had the same issue and after the clutch was replaced it was driving like new.
It's on the original clutch... looks like time to replace then?
Old 19th February 2024, 10:42   #4753

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaraja View Post
This happens when the battery of the car is weak enough for the function to work. So, check and best is to change the battery
My car (XUV5OO W7-2018) recently went through 90,000 km schedule service. Over last 4000 km, auto on-off, car turning off at halt while releasing the clutch at neutral gear, doesn't switch off the car at all. This is happening roughly >50% times during such occasions.

Further, while raised this matter with the Mahindra Service team, they highlighted BATTERY ISSUE. However, to ascertain it, I requested them to check the battery health through their routine methodology. On which, they performed two checks:

(a) Checked the appearance of the electrolyte from each of the battery containers. Where it was crystal clear like water - a healthy sign, according to the team. (A muddy, hazy or opaque electrolyte signify a degraded condition)

(b) Checked the voltage of the battery through electronic multimeter: (i) when car was off, (ii) when car was turned on & revved, (iii) when headlights was turned on & off while car engine was still on. On which, we witnessed voltages (i) 13.4V (ii) 12.8V & 14.1V (iii) between 13.0 to 14.5V. According to the team, the battery health is Good i.e. showing no signs of any lack in performance.

Now, going through all of this, I want to understand:

(i) Are these tests enough to ascertain a battery health?

(ii) If yes, how can this (battery health) be a sole problem behind malfunctioning of Auto engine on-off function.

(iii) The first manifestation of battery health degradation is problem/ lag related to car ignition (starter motor), please correct me if it's wrong, being the highest battery consuming task. Which never occurred.

(iv) Assuming point# (iii) as correct, can there not be an issue of sensor malfunctioning, which activates (turn on/ off the engine) referring three parameters viz. car speed, gear lever position and clutch position. Over a period of 5+ years and 90,000+ km, should this sensor not be put into scanner?

Thanks,
Old 28th February 2024, 11:55   #4754

Hi,
I wanted some inputs on a problem with my XUV 500's a/c blower motor.

My car had no problem for nearly 8 years, but in the last two years, the blower motor has stopped working on three occasions. The problem is due to a resistance which controls the motor in steps 1, 2 and 3. If the resistance goes, the blower cannot be switched on in the above positions but can run in No 4 position. However the A/c does not come on.

What could be the reason for frequent failure of the resistor? How does one ensure that it does not happen suddenly?

Would appreciate inputs on the above.

Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 15:30   #4755
BHPian

Hi, the battery of my 2021 W7 AT went kaput and after getting it replaced, the check engine indicator is lit up, which wasn't showing up prior to the battery change. As I'm fairly certain there are no other issues, would anyone be able to guide me as to how I can dismiss this indicator? Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks