Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2016, 18:05   #3991

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Sir, these are not niggles hence request you to post it in relevant thread.

Hi, understand all may not be but the rust and door jarring parts are still part of niggles hence posted it. Failed to find any other thread to ask these questions hence posted them here.
Old 18th September 2016, 02:14   #3992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damore View Post
Hi, understand all may not be but the rust and door jarring parts are still part of niggles hence posted it. Failed to find any other thread to ask these questions hence posted them here.
Rusting on the brake disc plates is normal. The rust clears up on its own when you apply the brake for a few seconds while on the drive. It is nothing to be worried about.

The oil currently used and recommended by Mahindra is Synthetic so you don't have to worry about that. If you want you can use other brands of the synthetic oil with the specification listed in the manual.
Old 18th September 2016, 09:01   #3993
BHPian

Hi, I faced issue with the front AC drain pipe got bent and choked. As a result water entered the car soaking the sponge under the carpet and the carper was damp. While cleaning the interiors of the car I found the carpet damp. Service Center found the pipe bent. Now the front seats removed a long with the carpet to dry the water. Will get the car back on Wednesday. I have a 2 month old W6 AT
Old 18th September 2016, 19:23   #3994
SRN

Bought my W8 AWD this July. Within couple of days started experiencing issues.
Defect 1: Weird sound could be heard in the cabin. kinda vibration but not exactly vibration. Tried to pin point the source but couldnt. Identified a pattern, every time I crossed 80 KMPH mark the sound could be heard.
Defect 2: I had to really band the boot door couple of times for it to close.
Defect 3: The securing nut which needs to be turned to winch down/lower the spare wheel was tilted. As a result when you try to rotate, the spanner would hit the body of the vehicle.
Took it to the ASC. They took 4 days to fix all the issues. But due credits to the customer support team, I was getting regular updates and was strangely happy with the attention they gave (or may be because of the email I sent to Pawan Goenka??).
The vibration or the weird noise was because of a faulty drive shaft (thats what they told me!). The other two issues were no brainers for them. Finally got all fixed. I have driven it for 5K so far and really enjoying it. It definitely is a value for money, but be ready to face those minor teething issues (and to live with some).
SRN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 12:47   #3995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
First gen like mine are with all 5 alloys. The new gen like yours are with 4 alloy + 1 steel rim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PADAS View Post
Thats interesting. Mine is a first gen too (W8, Mar 2015) and it came with 4 alloys + 1 steel rim. I did notice this and asked the sales guy at the time of PDI and he confirmed thats how it was. Was I taken for a ride ?
Mahindra stopped 5th alloy on XUV from Jan 2015 I believe. I have the prev gen XUV bought in March 15 with manufacturing of FEb, it also came with 4 alloys + 1 steel. But the TPMS sensor is present in the spare steel wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damore View Post
2. Changing the Air Filter from current paper one to BMC / K&N Air Filter
3. I have replaced my OEM Nippon speakers with JBL and have fitted the sheets as well to avoid the door jarring while playing some songs with may be slightly heavy bass. However, the door jarring still exists. Any good shop in Western part of Mumbai who can help solve this issue / suggest something to be done
Thanks in advance
Do share your feedback after changing the air filter. Also off topic but i am curious to know about your speaker upgrade. Did you put an amp etc. Can you PM me with some more specifics. THanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirthankard77 View Post
Hi, I faced issue with the front AC drain pipe got bent and choked. As a result water entered the car soaking the sponge under the carpet and the carper was damp. While cleaning the interiors of the car I found the carpet damp. Service Center found the pipe bent. Now the front seats removed a long with the carpet to dry the water. Will get the car back on Wednesday. I have a 2 month old W6 AT
Did they figure how the pipe got bent in the first placE?
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 17:53   #3996
BHPian

We were considering the purchase of either an XUV500, a Creta or an EcoSport within the family when I bumped into this thread. I have to say that this is an eye-opener. And after going through atleast 20-25 pages worth of issues and discussion revolving around them, we decided to drop this vehicle from the list.

I don't understand one very simple thing, isn't this like Mahindra is treating customers as guinea pigs to achieve reliability of this product? One would expect that thorough reliability/environment testing of all features should have been done before the vehicle was launched, and if at all problems were found then they shouldn't have even launched the product. The discovery of such problems by customers only seems to indicate a dark world of insufficient testing, letting problems remain & improper root-cause-analysis. In any corporate house, such a output for a product/service would have severe repercussions for the team and the product, but all seems to be well here! (for M&M)

Does this kind of unreliability not amount to disrespect towards a customer who has paid ~15 - 19 lakhs!?
Old 21st September 2016, 19:15   #3997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhisheKulkarni View Post
We were considering the purchase of either an XUV500, a Creta or an EcoSport within the family when I bumped into this thread.

Does this kind of unreliability not amount to disrespect towards a customer who has paid ~15 - 19 lakhs!?
This if Off-Topic

But since you asked.

Yes the initial batches of vehicles had some issues which were resolved in future vehicles and the older vehicle were given the opportunity to get those changes fixed under warranty.

You have to realize many people on this forum had known the issues of the earlier batches and still bought the vehicle. I am one of them. At the time of me purchasing the vehicle this topic had close to 170 pages. After reading all those pages I still bought the vehicle because I knew what to expect and how to deal with the issues. Thanks to this wonderful communities sharing regarding issues and their fixes.

Not all vehicles are perfect. Every manufactured product has a risk of having issues, mechanical or electrical. What matters is how the manufacturer handles those issues. So far IMHO Mahindra has been doing well.

You have to also realize the parts that are in these vehicles are provided by 3rd party vendors. And when customers complain regarding a certain part as being faulty the manufacturer has to gather sufficient evidence to be able to "point the finger." They have to be able to pinpoint the cause and identify the batches of vehicles that could possible be affected and see if such issues pose any risk to the consumers.

And to be honest for the past couple of months this topic has been pretty dead. There are not many issues that people are reporting and most of the issues that are posted have been answered before.
falconion is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 19:22   #3998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
There are not many issues that people are reporting and most of the issues that are posted have been answered before.
Good to know! I feel that this needs to be highlighted somewhere especially in the context of this thread.

Because the fact that there is so much clarity on problems is definitely going to make a prospective buyer think twice, at the very least. Unless one reads through the 267 pages of this thread, which is highly unlikely.
Old 21st September 2016, 19:54   #3999
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhisheKulkarni View Post

I don't understand one very simple thing, isn't this like Mahindra is treating customers as guinea pigs to achieve reliability of this product? One would expect that thorough reliability/environment testing of all features should have been done before the vehicle was launched, and if at all problems were found then they shouldn't have even launched the product. The discovery of such problems by customers only seems to indicate a dark world of insufficient testing, letting problems remain & improper root-cause-analysis. In any corporate house, such a output for a product/service would have severe repercussions for the team and the product, but all seems to be well here! (for M&M)
Quality issues with certain manufacturers is not due to insufficient testing etc. You can see many Tata and Mahindra cars zipping on the roads (covered in tape), some even 2 years before launch.

Something is missing in the car manufacturing process - from R&D to parts procurement to quality control to actual assembly of cars.

Perhaps hiring Japanese or Korean consultants/companies might help Tata/Mahindra reduce the number of niggles.
Old 21st September 2016, 21:17   #4000
BHPian

As one of the guys who read through all the 260 odd pages word by word in just 3 months, at times swinging between Safari Storme and XUV 500, I finally bought the XUV in May this year (W10 FWD) purely on one fact: The number of niggles per page has been negligible off late and solutions are readily available. Add to that the fact that Mahindra generally treats its customers much better than other manufacturers, I couldnt be happier about my decision. That said, no car manufacturer is perfect and those that are near to perfection cost a BOMB. As Autocar Sep issue puts, XUV when pitched against Innova Crysta, Ford Endy and Honda BRV is the most value for money in the segment as well as a segment above and below too..

I am so glad and thrilled to own an XUV 500 and not putting my money elsewhere.
Old 21st September 2016, 23:29   #4001
BHPian

Mahindra XUV 500 still has issues and there's no doubt around it. I have been reading every news, article on xuv 500 niggles and decided to buy XUV 500 on 03 Sep and I have completed 1100 kms by doing a trip from Blore to Kerala and it was fun.

I am on of those lucky ones who does have minor niggles on the brand new XUV 500. I am waiting for Mahindra team to close the issue as soon as possible before i post complete details of the new car, pictures and how got those resolved.

Few related to delivery / paint & finish I am mentioning here:
1. Delivery experience, this was delayed by 7 hours
2. Noticed paint chip on bonut edge with a one mm rust spotted, minor nail size paint missing below rear tail lighjt on bumper
3. Horrible polish resulting on minor scratch on one side door

One question I had, is it easy to paint bonut edge / bumper corner without removing the whole thing. This Saturday I need to take car to Service centre to fix these paint issues.

Thanks,
Sanjeev
Old 22nd September 2016, 03:43   #4002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevKalra View Post
Mahindra XUV 500 still has issues and there's no doubt around it. I have been reading every news, article on xuv 500 niggles and decided to buy XUV 500 on 03 Sep and I have completed 1100 kms by doing a trip from Blore to Kerala and it was fun.

One question I had, is it easy to paint bonut edge / bumper corner without removing the whole thing. This Saturday I need to take car to Service centre to fix these paint issues.

Thanks,
Sanjeev
The rust has to be assessed. To do that they have to remove the paint surrounding it to see how far the rust extends to and how deep. You dont want them to paint over the rust since the paint might not hold and cause the paint to crack further leading to more rusting.

Without the images its not exactly easy to say more.

P.S. If they plan to strip the paint to assess the rust and then repaint, they might have to remove the bonnet because it is easier to work on it that way.
falconion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 13:59   #4003
BHPian

Hi Falconion, please find attached the pic of rust and paint chip in the bonnet of the new XUV 500. In trying to understand how without completely removing bonnet service guys can fix it.

Thanks,
Sanjeev

Update: Tried loading the pic again. This time from laptop instead of phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-rust-chip-bonut-edge.jpg  

Last edited by noopster : 22nd September 2016 at 14:44.
Old 22nd September 2016, 14:45   #4004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevKalra View Post
Tried loading the pic again. This time from laptop instead of phone.
Administrators, please forgive for short message.
They will have to sand down the rusted area to remove the rust and then repaint the area. It wont happen in one day. Most likely will have to leave your vehicle for atleast 2-3 days. And to work on that area they might have to remove the bonnet.
falconion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 23:06   #4005

I have read through all of the pages in this discussion and quite surprisingly actually got more confident about the XUV. Booked it 2 weeks back and got a call from dealer today morning that the vehicle had reached the showroom. Rushed in to have my first look at it and promptly fell in love.

They were planning the Pre-Delivery Inspection today and i asked if i could join. Some interesting observations and equally weird responses i got from the service guys.

Did a physical inspection of car. Everything looked fine. The Automatic badge is chrome with the alphabets painted black. In my car the "t" alone had no color in it. Asked the sales guy about it and his response was "Mahindra has changed the design and all new cars come like that". Just as he said that another XUV Automatic passed by with all alphabets painted black and i showed him that. He again responds - "That XUV is previous batch". Now i was not really bothered about it. But that attitude was not very encouraging.

Next comes the best one. There was a guy sitting in the car with a laptop. Possibly checking the ICE because he had a USB cable connected to the console. I walk up to him and ask him where the OBDII port was on the vehicle. (Reason was i am one of the unfortunate guys to have pre-booked a Navdy HUD and wanted to be ready whenever that comes). The look on his face was priceless. He had no clue what i just asked him. Luckily the sales guy saw my shock and got someone else to answer that for me.

So not the best start but i hope things pan out well. Looking forward to a long lasting friendship with the service guys but am up for it.
kiranmohandas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks