Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2017, 22:10   #4141
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
I checked the reverse camera thing in my W8. I cannot access the camera from the touchscreen at all. It comes on only when I engage the reverse gear. This was always the case from day 1 (Mine is a March 2016 manufactured vehicle). There is 0 lag. I used to think that the reverse camera from touchscreen option is only for W10 as in that, parallel park assist is also available.
Reverse camera had always been working in my 2012 W8, from day one until a month back. Stopped working when Sireesh changed my camera and disabled the reverse camera from the touch screen, saying that the camera would be spoiled. Very unhappy with their attitude, since they made me buy a new camera unnecessarily.
Old 25th January 2017, 16:53   #4142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
Folks,

This is a query about the New Age Mahindra XUV 500 W10 (Manual AWD). The vehicle has a "Camping Light" on the tailgate. However, when the car is turned off, and the tailgate is raised, this light does not come on when the switch is operated. The bulb seems to be fine (it's a new car with about 100 kms on it). Has anyone else had this problem? Is there some setting that needs to be activated?

Thanks for any help on this.
As a follow up to this, and after about 13,000 kms, the light seems to be working when switched on. It seems to have just sorted itself out.
Old 26th January 2017, 13:03   #4143
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Being my first post, please correct me for any off topic thing mentioned here.
I drive an XUV W10 FWD almost a year old and done 32k.
I had a peculiar observation most of the times - the gear indicator would act funny most of the times like whenever I shift gears, it would show random numbers till the clutch is fully engaged and then show the right gear. For example - if I downshift from 4th to 2nd, it would show anything like 5-4-3, then stop at 2, or 2-3-2 then stop at 2.
I brushed it aside considering it as a niggle and some issues in designing the codes by M&M or the supplier.

But recently I have noticed, it is absolutely not a niggle or some error!!
The random numbers shown on the gear indicator before stopping at the actual gear - they are the gear shift indicator. That means the ECU is telling us the gear that the vehicle should actually be in.
I am sure many friends here must be aware of this, but I was too excited to discover this

Let me demonstrate by giving two driving situations -
1. On an open road, while ascending or descending a flyover, stay in 3rd gear and do speeds upto 50-80 kmph, now depress the clutch and slot to 4th. While you start releasing the clutch, notice the gear indicator, it may show 6 or 5 or 4 depending on what incline or decline you are on and what speeds you managed to maintain before starting shifting gears and when the clutch is fully released, it will show 4th gear, the one which you actually slotted into.
2. Reach a speed breaker in 4th gear at decent speeds, and slow down at the speed breaker. Now depress the clutch and slot to 2nd. Maintain very low speed. While you start releasing the clutch, notice the gear indicator, it will show 1 and when the clutch is fully released, it will show 2nd gear, the one which you actually slotted into.
Similarly if you plan to cross the speed breaker at fairly decent speeds, the indicator will show 3 or 2 depending on the speed you maintained, and the when the clutch is released it will show 2, the gear you have actually slotted in.
I was so happy with this discovery, I spent 4-5 days trying n number of combinations with speed, inclines, declines, slotted gears and found that the indicator always showed the right gear the vehicle should be (when you start releasing the clutch), and the final stopped at the gear in which your vehicle is actually slotted in.
I am surprised how M&M missed to highlight this feature (they can definitely add this one to their number of features advertised these days in the newspapers after the HEXA launch) or maybe the supplier of the meter himself wasn't aware of this feature being coded (by mistake)
naddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st January 2017, 20:55   #4144
BHPian

Seat height change and rear view mirror adjustment
-----------------------------------------------------------
I have a Dec 2014 model of W8 AWD, 35000 km on the ODO. Of late I notice that the seat height changes - it rises up when not used for a few days and then gets a bit lower some time after I sit and start driving. Consequently I have to adjust the rear view mirror whenever the seat height changes.

Anybody else had this experience?
Old 31st January 2017, 22:36   #4145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arao View Post
Seat height change and rear view mirror adjustment
-----------------------------------------------------------
I have a Dec 2014 model of W8 AWD, 35000 km on the ODO. Of late I notice that the seat height changes - it rises up when not used for a few days and then gets a bit lower some time after I sit and start driving. Consequently I have to adjust the rear view mirror whenever the seat height changes.

Anybody else had this experience?
About the set height change, I have a sort of similar problem but i can make it out that its due to the button itself, While pushing it forward the seat keeps going ahead which it shouldn't, Same is while pushing it back, So actually have to keep pressing the button a couple of times to make it stop from keep going backward or forward, Do you feel the button of your seat is the culprit too ? It might probably get stuck.
Old 1st February 2017, 09:28   #4146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
About the set height change, I have a sort of similar problem but i can make it out that its due to the button itself, While pushing it forward the seat keeps going ahead which it shouldn't, Same is while pushing it back, So actually have to keep pressing the button a couple of times to make it stop from keep going backward or forward, Do you feel the button of your seat is the culprit too ? It might probably get stuck.
My vintage of XUV500 has manual adjustment of seats, there are no buttons to operate. I think my issue is the seat getting pressed down due to the driver's weight. This was not noticeable earlier, though.
Old 3rd February 2017, 12:16   #4147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post
Reverse camera had always been working in my 2012 W8, from day one until a month back. Stopped working when Sireesh changed my camera and disabled the reverse camera from the touch screen, saying that the camera would be spoiled. Very unhappy with their attitude, since they made me buy a new camera unnecessarily.
DId you ask him to plug the old camera in and show it was not working after the wiring was fixed? you should have insisted on it. If you have the old cam, get it checked with some outside accessory shop and report this issue to Mahindra customer service.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2017, 19:37   #4148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
DId you ask him to plug the old camera in and show it was not working after the wiring was fixed? you should have insisted on it. If you have the old cam, get it checked with some outside accessory shop and report this issue to Mahindra customer service.
Thank you. Yes. I still have the old camera. I insisted that they should put back the old camera and check it. They refused to do it. I intend getting it checked with an outside accessory shop. I will take appropriate action after that.
iamnarayang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 10:42   #4149
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Hi guys,

I posted this on the XUV official review as well, but didn't get a response. Its not really a niggle, so not sure if this is the right thread.

My friend has a W8 bought in 2016 and is looking for a way to make the bluetooth 'visible' to other bluetooth devices. Our corporate phones are highly secure and hence have the bluetooth 'visible' option turned off by admins. The only way to pair it is to make the other device visible.

I looked at the infotainment manual and it does list a way to make the system of W6 visible. Does anybody know if there is a similar way for W8?

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-20170216-10_34_42infotainment_map_dom_28082015.pdf.png

Thanks in advance for the help!

Thanks
-shifu
Old 22nd February 2017, 13:50   #4150

Hello everyone!

My first long-ish post in team-bhp.

I too "successfully" experienced the clutch wear-out issue (Can't be termed as "niggle" IMO) on my New Age XUV W6 bought in Jan 2016. She's my first car. Was 11 month old, with a mere 7000Kms on odometer (Usage is minimal since I work on projects outside hometown. Dad is comfortable with the Alto for city-driving.) We live in Mysore and have taken her mostly on long drives to Kerala, Mangalore, TN. On our last trip to Kerala in December, on X'mas day, we had this burning smell from under the bonnet, which seeped into the cabin too. At first, we suspected it to be a case of short-circuit of some kind. Clutch was not floored, as experienced by fellow bhp-ians. Luckily, we were driving close to our home in Alleppey and had to drive only 1Km to park it safely. This was around 7PM.

Nevertheless, I knew the SOP since I'd religiously read the posts on team-bhp while deciding on buying this beast. ( You guys rock! ) I called up the toll-free number, the car was picked up in 2hrs on a ramp-truck and taken to Cochin - TVS Mahindra, Maradu. We chose not to cancel our plans & joined the rest of the family on 2 day trip to Munnar the next day. I received a call from the service centre by noon (26.12.2016) saying the clutch cover - pressure plate assembly & clutch slave cylinder needs to be replaced and that the former is not covered under warranty. I enquired about the condition of flywheel (Thanks again to team-bhp) & asked to proceed with whatever needs to be done and that I'd collect the vehicle the on 28.12.2016 morning.

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-old-ones.jpg (Replaced parts)

The work was finished on-time. (Quite satisfied with Mahindra's service.) Although they offered home-delivery, I proceeded to collect the vehicle myself. They issued a bill of Rs.13,620/- & I duly asked to speak to the service manager. I argued that it is ridiculous that Mahindra's "premium" product is such & that the internet is flooded with complaints about frequent clutch failure and yet the company refuses to address it. (In fact, I'd asked the senior mechanic at India Garage, Mysore specifically if this issue has been fixed in the face-lifted version, well before buying, & he'd replied in the positive. "This is New Age XUV! We do not have ANY complaints in this one." were his exact words.)

As expected, the manager blamed my driving style & brushed it aside as a "rare event", which I pointed out, was the oft-mentioned "auto-reply" to this issue by Mahindra. I told them that it defies logic that people suddenly transform into bad drivers when they start driving an XUV. I've used Scorpio too (At work) for almost a year with no issues. This continued for a little less than an hour. With no commitment in sight, I told him that I shall not pay for something the company refuses to fix permanently.

Finally, the manager agreed to take it up with Mahindra and assured me that he will try to get a refund. I paid the amount and drove her out.

I did follow-up once after a few days to no avail. However, two weeks later, they confirmed to me that I'd be getting refund of Rs.10400/- (minus the labour charges.) And last week, it was credited to my bank account too. But, I'm still wary of the issue reappearing. Refund is no solution!

If this wasn't enough, on a trip to Kasargod last month, the AC stopped working. Outside temp was 32 degrees & was sultry. (It was really HOT for a car full of Mysoreans.) But half hour later, it started working & well!

Despite the issues & niggles, I love driving her around! Wonder if I'm a victim of Stockholm syndrome.

Last edited by Eddy : 15th March 2017 at 02:53. Reason: Extra smilies
Old 23rd February 2017, 14:10   #4151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojjoseph View Post
I did follow-up once after a few days to no avail. However, two weeks later, they confirmed to me that I'd be getting refund of Rs.10400/- (minus the labour charges.) And last week, it was credited to my bank account too. But, I'm still wary of the issue reappearing. Refund is no solution!

Despite the issues & niggles, I love driving her around! Wonder if I'm a victim of Stockholm syndrome.
Consider your self very lucky You got a refund, thats a big deal, now enjoy the beast.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 21:43   #4152
BHPian

Today I noticed that my XUV rooftop near sunroof has been damaged. Any guesses how this would have happened. This is not a niggle but body damage so if mods feel this is not the right thread, pls merge with correct one.

Also took the vehicle to body shop but they said their first preference is to repair it and if the fitting of sunroof doesn't work then they might think of replacing whole vehicle roof which I understand is a way too long process and fit and finish would be lost.

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-imageuploadedbyteambhp1489507790.560081.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions-imageuploadedbyteambhp1489507811.120336.jpg

The vehicle is only six months old such a damage is heart breaking. Has anyone ever faced similar situation. Any guidance will be helpful.

Thanks, Sanjeev
Old 14th March 2017, 21:54   #4153
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevKalra View Post
Today I noticed that my XUV rooftop near sunroof has been damaged.
Where is the car parked? Outside or covered parking?

Looking at the damage, the body has caved in which means something has fallen on the car.

Do you recollect any incident?
Old 14th March 2017, 22:02   #4154
BHPian

It's a closed parking. If something would have fallen then the damage would have been near the caves part also like the glass.
Old 14th March 2017, 23:06   #4155
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevKalra View Post
It's a closed parking. If something would have fallen then the damage would have been near the caves part also like the glass.
Did the car go for service anytime recent?

I can see that paint has chipped off at the location of the dent and just near the start of the glass of sunroof.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks