Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2016, 11:45   #4081
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 niggles & solutions

Hi guys,

In my 3 months old XUV, the Mahindra logo on the steering has worn out and has become sharp and edgy. Has anyone else also faced the same? This rubs against arm if you try to press horn.
It surprises me how Mahindra has no quality checks on its parts. Seems whole steering assembly has to be changed for it.

Thanks,
Sanjeev
Old 13th December 2016, 13:04   #4082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Hi friends.
what I dislike the most is the vehicle bouncing and going "thud thud" in the smallest of pot holes.
For the "thud thud" noise, ask the service center to re-torque your suspension. This helped me immensely.
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 13:39   #4083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
For the "thud thud" noise, ask the service center to re-torque your suspension. This helped me immensely.
They changed some suspension bushes which helped in my case to some satisfaction. In general, xuv has relatively more horizonal/ lateral movement for some reason.
avimal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 18:04   #4084
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevKalra View Post
In my 3 months old XUV, the Mahindra logo on the steering has worn out and has become sharp and edgy.
Have come across posts by owners of earlier XUV's where gear knob used to crack. But logo issue is a new one.

In any case, report this to your service center. In case they dont budge escalate it to M&M.
Old 13th December 2016, 18:18   #4085
BHPian

Hi mpksuhas,

Thanks for your response. I have escalated to M&M highest level.
Wanted to see if anyone else faced the same. M&M feels that a wrist watch could have done the scratches which somehow I couldnt digest.

Thanks,
Sanjeev
Old 14th December 2016, 11:20   #4086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailBlazer007 View Post
They may try to talk me out of a warranty claim i believe by claiming that it happened because of clutch riding(which i never do.)
Speculations aside, let things unfold. I have a Rajasthan trip coming up mid next week and i fear that this will eat away my holidays.
Updates: Got the vehicle back yesterday late evening. Took a longish test drive to ensure everything works. Vehicle is now back to normal behavior, the clutch has become lighter and shifts smoother. Pretty happy with the end result till now.

Diagnosis: Slave cylinder failed. Replaced under warranty.
Damages: Charged half of the total brake fluid filled.

In the end, the service center owned up to the part failure, called before replacement of the product as instructed and kept the replaced part with them for part failure investigations. I found Anant Cars much better than folks at Sireesh Auto for this particular service. Will stick with them for further dealings. A pleasant experience overall.

New issue which is a known problem: While coming back, while passing an open drain, felt the horrible stench creeping into the car whilst the AC was in re-circulation mode. Never felt this before. Would take it up after the Rajasthan tour. Thank you folks for all the help.

Last edited by SDP : 14th December 2016 at 14:33. Reason: typo
TrailBlazer007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 10:38   #4087
BHPian

Quote:
Updates: Got the vehicle back yesterday late evening. Took a longish test drive to ensure everything works. Vehicle is now back to normal behavior, the clutch has become lighter and shifts smoother. Pretty happy with the end result till now.
The key in the above lines was "till now." Short lived happiness. Now the vehicle jerks like one does with a low RPM on a higher gear, even though it is being driven at a decently high RPM.
Also feels like engine is "dying" or something like "engine braking" happens, abruptly while the vehicle is in motion/accelerating.
Shifting gears sometimes feels like the clutch has not been depressed fully even though that is never the case.
Another visit on the cards. It is very difficult for me to explain the vehicle behavior, but can anyone make out the probable cause?
Old 15th December 2016, 11:47   #4088
BHPian

has anyone found solution to high brake dust problem in xuv? I clean the wheels and it comes back to black color all over in just 2-3 days.
Old 15th December 2016, 15:08   #4089
BHPian

Quote:
The key in the above lines was "till now." Short lived happiness. Now the vehicle jerks like one does with a low RPM on a higher gear, even though it is being driven at a decently high RPM.
Also feels like engine is "dying" or something like "engine braking" happens, abruptly while the vehicle is in motion/accelerating.
Please check if that hill descend control switch is on / pressed by mistake.
Old 15th December 2016, 18:19   #4090
BHPian

My 2012 W8 did its 80 K service a month back.

Couple of new issues, sure they will be sorted out.

1. Driver Side Power Window : Has been behaving a bit awkward, at times it pulls up and at times it doesn't, I have had instances where I could not leave the car locked as the window was still down. Might be the motor or any loose contact ? Anyone ?

2. Rear LHS Power Window : Same story here, should be the wiring/loose contacts.

3. Rear LHS Door : The door makes a cranky noise when opened to the max. It is from somewhere behind the Black non metal plastic lever which holds the door while is being opened. Sounds more like, something is lying broken inside. Door operation is normal.

Not a niggle : Did some off-tarmac drives while I was back home in Wayanad. We were around 7 adults on the car and I miscalculated the cars clearance with the load full. Broke one of my rear mud flaps. This is the second time. It is not very expensive (Rs.90 was it last time) but it is quite prone to this.
Thank fully as soon as it hits something, it breaks of the clip without damaging the body paint or rest of the rear bumper.

On the same ride, the cars underbody engine guard (Fibre) hit a rock and broke off the metal screw. Bent itself and was scratching every bulge/rock on the road. We cut off the broken part and just enquired with KTC Mahindra on a replacement. It is some 2K around.

Last edited by peterjim13 : 15th December 2016 at 18:23.
Old 15th December 2016, 18:57   #4091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Not a niggle : Did some off-tarmac drives while I was back home in Wayanad. We were around 7 adults on the car and I miscalculated the cars clearance with the load full. Broke one of my rear mud flaps. This is the second time. It is not very expensive (Rs.90 was it last time) but it is quite prone to this.
Thank fully as soon as it hits something, it breaks of the clip without damaging the body paint or rest of the rear bumper.
Even i broke my rear left side mud flap sometime back while reversing and it hit a rock. After that i realized it looks better without the mud flaps from behind. So i removed the other one too hence now it looks way much better and butchy.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 19:50   #4092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Even i broke my rear left side mud flap sometime back while reversing and it hit a rock. After that i realized it looks better without the mud flaps from behind. So i removed the other one too hence now it looks way much better and butchy.
Never thought of this idea nitinralli.

Let me try this and see how it looks.

Cheers
Old 16th December 2016, 14:00   #4093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansumaan View Post
Please check if that hill descend control switch is on / pressed by mistake.
Hill descent control is off. Though it was a good conclusion from the meagre and not-lucid description of mine. I know bikes, cars only theoretically. This car being the only one that I drove for more than a hundred kms.

If I think in terms of bike, it behaves like it has worn out clutch plates or an interrupted fuel supply.

A question, since the slave cylinder was replaced under warranty a few days back as it had gone bad, can the leakages from it damage the plates and should it be covered under warranty considering the car has run only 30k kms? Can other parts be affected too?

A trip to the service center again today, thrice in the past week.

Last edited by GTO : 16th December 2016 at 21:33. Reason: Typos
TrailBlazer007 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th December 2016, 10:29   #4094
BHPian

Quote:
A question, since the slave cylinder was replaced under warranty a few days back as it had gone bad, can the leakages from it damage the plates and should it be covered under warranty considering the car has run only 30k kms? Can other parts be affected too?
A trip to the service center again today, thrice in the past week.
Went to the Anant Cars Bannerghatta road service station this Saturday. Found a red old gen XUV and a Scorpio, with Team BHP stickers adorned.

One curious, but soon turning irritable thing about this station is that there are 5-6 people working all the time - reversing, forwarding, turning a lot of cars just to make space available for some car to either go in or come out.

RM was on leave. Talked to a guy named Yousuf. Without a test drive or opening a job card, he just bled the clutch and assigned a senior mechanic
to accompany me on the test ride.

Trouble is, for that half hour i meandered through the traffic with the mechanic, I never felt any jerks or loss of power. The vehicle picked up cleanly, shifts were great.

Satisfied, i came back home. Today while on the drive to office, the same problems reared their ugly head - multiple very very low intensity jerks in 2nd and 3rd gears while stepping on the gas(RPM above 1.5k going all the way till 3) and difficulty in slotting gears.
Leaving on a shortened trip today. Will take this up again in a week with the service station. Hopefully the vehicle doesn't break down in the interim.

Last edited by SDP : 19th December 2016 at 11:40. Reason: Fixed broken quote
TrailBlazer007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 12:13   #4095
BHPian

Hi everyone,
I have a 2015 model W4 and have done around 24,000 kms with the same. Have mostly covered Uttarakhand and Rajasthan.

Last month, while on the way to Udaipur, I got the engine check indicator as I was cruising at around 130 and had to stop the vehicle as there was a massive drop in the pickup. After some calls to the emergency helpline (surprisingly they did not have a clue about the same) and my service centre guys who told me to carry on driving, I started the engine and started off again. One thing they asked me to do was to keep the speed below 110.

The service center at Udaipur got the indicator to go and diagnosed the vacuum modulator as being faulty. He suggested the same thing to me for not going beyond 100-110.

Back in Delhi, at Mayapuri Mahindra (Sri Durga), they got the indicator again by reaching 130 kmph (on Mayapuri road... Beat that!!) and have now replaced the vacuum modulator under warranty.

I wanted to know if this is a recurring problem as I will be doing a trip again soon. Presently, the drive is ok, but haven't tested it at cruise speeds.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks